Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-12-27T09:41:23Z by SystemAdmin
GiridharKrishnan
GiridharKrishnan
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic unable to create CICS region

‏2011-12-27T04:30:58Z |
I am trying to create a new CICS Region but i I encounter the below error message

ERZ058405E/0163: The program 'cicslssrc' failed to execute, error number is '2'

I am logged in as the root user and my default SFS server is running.

Please help me resolve this issue
Updated on 2011-12-27T09:41:23Z at 2011-12-27T09:41:23Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    308 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: unable to create CICS region

‏2011-12-27T04:36:13Z  in response to GiridharKrishnan
    Hi,

The error number '2' (usually corresponds to errno statuses) indicates that its not able to locate 'cicslssrc' executable. You can check for this executable under /usr/lpp/cics/bin directory and ensure appropriate permissions have been assigned.

Looks like the CICSPATH environment variable might not be set / effective in your shell. I'm assuming you are running on AIX so can you ensure environment variable is set as CICSPATH=/usr/lpp/cics (preferably in the /etc/environment).

The installer generally sets this variable in the /etc/environment itself, so ensure you have taken a new shell after the installation is completed.

HTH

Cheers,
    Hari
    • GiridharKrishnan
      GiridharKrishnan
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-27T05:52:39Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      hi Hari,

I set the CICSPATH in /etc/environment and gave authority to cicslssrc but still i am getting the same error :(
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        308 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-27T09:41:23Z  in response to GiridharKrishnan
        Hi,

Can you ensure the value /usr/lpp/cics/bin and /usr/lpp/cics/lib are set appropriately in the PATH and LIBPATH environment variable respectively.

For some reason during the region creation process its having difficulty in locating the cicslssrc script that is located under /usr/lpp/cics/bin directory. If all the paths/permissions/environment variables are set correctly you should be able to run the 'cicslssrc' command directly in the shell... are you getting any error when running 'cicslssrc' command. For example you can run this command from the shell prompt: "cicslssrc -a" and should receive the following similar output:

1. cicslssrc -a
        Subsystem Group PID Status
        syslogd ras 5944 active
        sendmail mail 9030 active

Cheers,
        Hari