• 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-01-04T08:43:41Z by vashreddy
vashreddy
vashreddy
12 Posts

Pinned topic ICI : Issue in Retrieving multiple pages using ICI API's

‏2011-12-26T11:43:23Z |
Hello,

I am able to retrieve multipage file from FileNet P8 using ICI Api's.

but I am not able to retrieve a multiple-file content using ICI Api's. when i researched about the same i came across the following documentation about Repository Object

getNativeContentAsFile:
If the content is composed of multiple native files, only the contents of the first file will be retrieved.

Same as the case with "getNativeContentAsStream".

Is there any other Api that serve's my purpose?

Could anyone please look into this.

Thanks
Updated on 2012-01-04T08:43:41Z at 2012-01-04T08:43:41Z by vashreddy
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    254 Posts

Re: ICI : Issue in Retrieving multiple pages using ICI API's

‏2011-12-27T20:52:01Z  
    Hi Vash,

Could you clarify what you mean by a multiple-file content?

In ICI, a multi-page content refers to a single content item that has multiple files associated with it. So in the API documentation, the terms "files" and "pages" actually mean the same thing. To retrieve other files associated with the same content item, you would need to use the methods: getNativeContentOfPage, getNativeContentOfPageAsFile, etc. Please refer to the API documentation of these methods for more details.

ICI also has the concept of MultiPartContent, which can be used to represent compound documents or content items that are made up of multiple content links. However, although FileNet P8 has this concept of compound documents, the ICI connector for FileNet P8 does not currently provide support for it. If this is what you are looking for, you may consider contacting ICI support for a feature request.

Hope this response answers the question!
    Regards,
    Neeta Kamadolli
    Software Engineer - IBM Content Integrator
  • vashreddy
    vashreddy
    12 Posts

‏2011-12-28T05:25:54Z  
    Hi neeta,

I was actually facing the problem with the following scenario:

Documents are ingested into FileNetP8.Generally what happens is i will have each document associated to each field say for ex:

AccountNumber: 1234567 has 'xyz.tiff' which has 40 pages which i am successfully retrieving.

Now the scenario is,i can have multiple files say for ex:
    AccountNumber:1234567 has 1.'xxx.tiff' 2.'yyy.tiff' 3. 'zzz.tiff' which in turn has say 10 pages each. Now when i am trying to retrieve i can only able to view only xxx.tiff which has only 10 pages but not 'yyy.tiff' and 'zzz.tiff'. And yeah i have also checked whether it is a multipart content using content.getisMultiPart, it returned false. Is there any other way that i can try.

Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    254 Posts

‏2011-12-28T20:06:08Z  
    • vashreddy
    • ‏2011-12-28T05:25:54Z
    Hi neeta,

I was actually facing the problem with the following scenario:

Documents are ingested into FileNetP8.Generally what happens is i will have each document associated to each field say for ex:

AccountNumber: 1234567 has 'xyz.tiff' which has 40 pages which i am successfully retrieving.

Now the scenario is,i can have multiple files say for ex:
    AccountNumber:1234567 has 1.'xxx.tiff' 2.'yyy.tiff' 3. 'zzz.tiff' which in turn has say 10 pages each. Now when i am trying to retrieve i can only able to view only xxx.tiff which has only 10 pages but not 'yyy.tiff' and 'zzz.tiff'. And yeah i have also checked whether it is a multipart content using content.getisMultiPart, it returned false. Is there any other way that i can try.

Thanks
    Hi Vash,

It sounds like what you have is a "multi-page" content. You should be able to retrieve the other pages of the content using the getNativeContentOfPageAsFile method as follows:

• 1.'xxx.tiff' by calling getNativeContentOfPageAsFile(1)
    • 2.'yyy.tiff' by calling getNativeContentOfPageAsFile(2)
    • 3. 'zzz.tiff' by calling getNativeContentOfPageAsFile(3)

and so on..

Regards,
    Neeta
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    254 Posts

‏2011-12-28T20:22:23Z  
    Hi Vash,

It sounds like what you have is a "multi-page" content. You should be able to retrieve the other pages of the content using the getNativeContentOfPageAsFile method as follows:

• 1.'xxx.tiff' by calling getNativeContentOfPageAsFile(1)
    • 2.'yyy.tiff' by calling getNativeContentOfPageAsFile(2)
    • 3. 'zzz.tiff' by calling getNativeContentOfPageAsFile(3)

and so on..

Regards,
    Neeta
    Please note that there is a distinction between the pages of a native content file and the pages of a content. Each page of a content is actually referring to each native content file that is associated with the content. Each native content file can itself contain multiple pages. The getNativeContentOfPage* methods in the ICI API are referring to the pages of the content and not the pages of the native content.
  • vashreddy
    vashreddy
    12 Posts

‏2011-12-29T11:08:17Z  
    Hi Neeta,

Thanks a lot! that helpe but could solve only half of my problem statement.

Consider the case where xxx.tiff has 10 pages and yyy.tiff has 10 pages and both these files are associated with one AccountNumber=1234567

Now when i say repo.getNativeContentOfPageAsFile(c.getContentID(), c.LATEST_VERSION, c.getDefaultFileNameOfPage(j), j);

it will download xxx.tiff and yyy.tiff individually.

Is there any API that ICI supports where i can download xxx.tiff and yyy.tiff as a single file and when i view i should be able to view the 10 pages of xxx.tiff appended by 10 pages of yyy.tiff?

We can append them using JAVA but its taking lot of time.

Could you help me in this regard.

Thanks,
    Vash
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    254 Posts

‏2011-12-29T18:31:25Z  
    • vashreddy
    • ‏2011-12-29T11:08:17Z
    Hi Neeta,

Thanks a lot! that helpe but could solve only half of my problem statement.

Consider the case where xxx.tiff has 10 pages and yyy.tiff has 10 pages and both these files are associated with one AccountNumber=1234567

Now when i say repo.getNativeContentOfPageAsFile(c.getContentID(), c.LATEST_VERSION, c.getDefaultFileNameOfPage(j), j);

it will download xxx.tiff and yyy.tiff individually.

Is there any API that ICI supports where i can download xxx.tiff and yyy.tiff as a single file and when i view i should be able to view the 10 pages of xxx.tiff appended by 10 pages of yyy.tiff?

We can append them using JAVA but its taking lot of time.

Could you help me in this regard.

Thanks,
    Vash
    Hi Vash,

The files associated with a content are not always of the same file type in repositories. For example, one page can have a tiff file while the other can be a text file and so on. So ICI doesn't provide any APIs to append the native content pages and return as a single file. You would have to handle that in your code.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Neeta
  • vashreddy
    vashreddy
    12 Posts

‏2011-12-30T05:52:53Z  
    Hi Neeta,

Thanks a lot for the help.

You mean to say there is no way or no ICI provided API which could retrieve the files as a single file even if the files are in same format say "tiff".

Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    254 Posts

‏2012-01-03T19:54:56Z  
    • vashreddy
    • ‏2011-12-30T05:52:53Z
    Hi Neeta,

Thanks a lot for the help.

You mean to say there is no way or no ICI provided API which could retrieve the files as a single file even if the files are in same format say "tiff".

Thanks
    Hi Vash,
    That's right -- there is no way to retrieve the files as a single file even if the files are in same format through the ICI API

Thanks,
    Neeta
  • vashreddy
    vashreddy
    12 Posts

‏2012-01-04T08:43:41Z  
    Hi Neeta,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks,
    Vash