3 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-12-28T14:33:29Z by gsager
aryan_raj
aryan_raj
67 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Actions - ActionList

‏2011-12-21T07:21:16Z |
Hi All,

I am new to wpf, in most of the examples/articles, ActionList is widely used, in the Actions under Arguments I can see some action like shown below, how to get used to this kind of syntax, please suggest.

.Assignment!Variables/employeeUIDSSelectedRow/MyDBRow/EMPNO=${Variables/employeeNumber}

The above action is from
http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/Building_a_single_record_Details_and_Update_portlet
Updated on 2011-12-28T14:33:29Z at 2011-12-28T14:33:29Z by gsager
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1493 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Actions - ActionList

‏2011-12-22T19:09:43Z  in response to aryan_raj
    Hi,

You actually can just type that in. You've probably tried this and it didn't work. I'm afraid you're running afoul of an Eclipse bug that we were unable to work around: That leading dot is NOT part of the data, it's put there by Eclipse which is trying to show something under the text we put there.

Also, you can have the picker generate these for you. Click the ... button on the right, choose Special / Assignment and you will get a box that lets you pick the lvalue and the rvalue.

Sorry about the misleading dot. :-)
    • aryan_raj
      aryan_raj
      67 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-27T07:11:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thank you Steve, but I am worried about the syntax, how to learn it.
      • gsager
        gsager
        18 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-28T14:33:29Z  in response to aryan_raj
        The easiest way to get this syntax is by using the ... chooser button and choose the values using the picker. It is possible to just type the values in but the picker will automatically add the corect syntax.