11 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-09T01:48:46Z by nestortech18
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Integration composer

‏2011-12-20T14:08:00Z |
Hi!
Im new using integration composer, and Im trying to import assets from TADDM to MAXIMO programs (TAMIT;CCMDB;TSRM).
I have created and tested 2 data sources in the same server because all the programs are installed in the same server.
One: Data Source - Deployed Asset 7.2
Second: Tivoli Asset and Discovery Manager 7.2
I read that is better to have TADDM in another system but this installation is for training purpose.
After that I created a Mapping but.. nothing happens!
Some one can guide from here or maybe has a good material to do this?

Another question is which is the difference between selecting as a data source "Data Source - Deployed Asset 7.2" and "Source - "Deployed Asset 7.2" because we have this 2 and different data sources.

Thanks in advance,
Fabian
Updated on 2011-12-28T12:49:31Z at 2011-12-28T12:49:31Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Integration composer

‏2011-12-20T19:19:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    To import Actual CIs (into CCMDB), you need to run 2 mappings, CI Type and Actual CI.

Good info here:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/tivoliccmdb/Import+Actual+CIs
    To import Deployed Assets (into TAMIT/TSRM), you need to run the Deployed Asset adapter for TADDM:

Good info here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tamit721/v7r2m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.itam.doc%2Fmigrating%2Fc_importing_data_with_integration_composer.html

The "Data Source - Deployed Asset 7.2" and "Source - "Deployed Asset 7.2" are only used for Authorized Asset initialization and are not used to import Actual CIs or Deployed Assets.

After you create the mapping:

• you need to import the out of the box mapping file (Select Action > Import)
    • customize the mapping expressions if needed
    • save the mapping (Select Action > Save)
    • log out of the UI
    • run the mapping via Command Line interface

The links above will tell you how to run the mapping command which is the process that loads the data.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      5842 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-21T15:03:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Liliana, thanks for responding!

Some questions regarding to your answer.
      If I have installed tamit, tsrm and ccmdb, which process I have to chose? the one to import to TAMIT/TSRM or the one to import CCMDB? it is ok to use Deployed asset 7.2 to Tivoli asset dependency a discovery manager 7.2? with the attached mapping?

Looking at some docs i saw that in the integration composer menu theres an "Execute Mapping", but i dont have it. Im trying to execute mapping form the command line...I Have installed ITIC 7.2.2 and I thought it was the latest version! Im doing something wrong?

Thanks!
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        5842 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-21T19:07:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        I have installed fix pack 7.2.2.2 and "Execute Mapping" still isnt in the menu.
        So.. i executed from windows cmd command line, from the Integration composer- bin directory:

executeMapping.bat MiPrimerMapping db2admin p4ssw0rd db2admin p4ssw0rd db2admin p4ssw0rd

And the attached errors are appearing.
        Do you know what it can be?

Thanks!
        • tivoli-i lov it
          tivoli-i lov it
          89 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-22T06:08:38Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          instead of db2admin, give the maximo user
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            5842 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-22T13:27:53Z  in response to tivoli-i lov it
            Hi! thanks for helping me

• executeMapping.bat mappingName repositoryUserName repositoryPassword sourceUserName sourcePassword targetUserName targetPassword

• executeMapping.bat MiPrimerMapping maximo p4ssw0rd db2admin p4ssw0rd maximo p4ssw0rd (first user/pass for composer, second for taddm, third for maximo)

I leave the db2admin for taddm because i think that it isnt a TADDM user. I tried with maximo for the 3 users too, without having good news!
            Im still having the same error.

Im very frustrated, but i will continue reading in order to find an answer.
            Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-24T22:14:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The error that is attached is due to an incorrect SDK. Please install the appropriate IBM SDK 5 for the operating system and edit <itic_install_dir>\bin\init.bat to point JAVA_HOME to the correct path:

set JAVA_HOME=c:\Progra~1\IBM\Java50

Then restart a command line prompt and try running executeMapping.bat again.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      5842 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-26T14:03:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Liliana! thanks for responding!
      checking at the init.bat file i saw that I have:

set JAVA_HOME=E:\Appsrv\TCCMDB\IBM-Java_SDK_150\windows

Java50 is a different one? because the IBM java that i have installed, was installed with the installation process, so it is strange that it isn´t working because a Java problem! But.. I dont know this product and Im not very familiar with Java versions.
      But if you are sure about it, please tell me which java I have to download.

Thanks a lot for you time!
      • tivoli-i lov it
        tivoli-i lov it
        89 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-27T05:14:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        i guess the location of java_home u mentioned pointing to the software dump rather than the installed one. In that case u need to change the location in init.bat and environment variables as specified by lilliana.

If the location specified by you is correct , then run "java -version" command in that location to check it.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          5842 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-28T12:49:31Z  in response to tivoli-i lov it
          Hi!
          You are right, Im pointing to the installation directory and not to the installed one.
          So right now, I will point to:
          JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\IBM\Java50, like Liliana said.

Before making that change i checked the java version I have installed and:

E:\Integration Composer\bin>java -version
          java version "1.5.0"
          Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build pwi32dev-20080315 (SR7))
          IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows Server 2008 x86-32 j9vmwi3223-20080315 (JIT enabled)
          J9VM - 20080314_17962_lHdSMr
          JIT - 20080130_0718ifx2_r8
          GC - 200802_08)
          JCL - 20080314

It is the correct one right? So making that change will change something? I will change it, and will see!
          Thanks a lot for your help!
          Regards
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-24T22:15:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    For TAMIT and TSRM, you need to load Deployed Assets.
    For CCMDB, you need to load CI Type and Actual CIs.
    • nestortech18
      nestortech18
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Integration composer bat file

‏2013-07-09T01:48:46Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hi Everyone,

Any guide how to set schedule or to run the itic 7.5.1 automatic

How to create a bat file to do this automatic run

thanks,

Nestor

Updated on 2013-07-09T01:49:13Z at 2013-07-09T01:49:13Z by nestortech18