• 11 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-09T01:48:46Z by nestortech18
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts

Pinned topic Integration composer

‏2011-12-20T14:08:00Z |
Hi!
Im new using integration composer, and Im trying to import assets from TADDM to MAXIMO programs (TAMIT;CCMDB;TSRM).
I have created and tested 2 data sources in the same server because all the programs are installed in the same server.
One: Data Source - Deployed Asset 7.2
Second: Tivoli Asset and Discovery Manager 7.2
I read that is better to have TADDM in another system but this installation is for training purpose.
After that I created a Mapping but.. nothing happens!
Some one can guide from here or maybe has a good material to do this?

Another question is which is the difference between selecting as a data source "Data Source - Deployed Asset 7.2" and "Source - "Deployed Asset 7.2" because we have this 2 and different data sources.

Thanks in advance,
Fabian
Updated on 2011-12-28T12:49:31Z at 2011-12-28T12:49:31Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

Re: Integration composer

‏2011-12-20T19:19:48Z  
    To import Actual CIs (into CCMDB), you need to run 2 mappings, CI Type and Actual CI.

Good info here:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/tivoliccmdb/Import+Actual+CIs
    To import Deployed Assets (into TAMIT/TSRM), you need to run the Deployed Asset adapter for TADDM:

Good info here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tamit721/v7r2m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.itam.doc%2Fmigrating%2Fc_importing_data_with_integration_composer.html

The "Data Source - Deployed Asset 7.2" and "Source - "Deployed Asset 7.2" are only used for Authorized Asset initialization and are not used to import Actual CIs or Deployed Assets.

After you create the mapping:

• you need to import the out of the box mapping file (Select Action > Import)
    • customize the mapping expressions if needed
    • save the mapping (Select Action > Save)
    • log out of the UI
    • run the mapping via Command Line interface

The links above will tell you how to run the mapping command which is the process that loads the data.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2011-12-21T15:03:33Z  
    To import Actual CIs (into CCMDB), you need to run 2 mappings, CI Type and Actual CI.

Good info here:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/tivoliccmdb/Import+Actual+CIs
    To import Deployed Assets (into TAMIT/TSRM), you need to run the Deployed Asset adapter for TADDM:

Good info here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tamit721/v7r2m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.itam.doc%2Fmigrating%2Fc_importing_data_with_integration_composer.html

The "Data Source - Deployed Asset 7.2" and "Source - "Deployed Asset 7.2" are only used for Authorized Asset initialization and are not used to import Actual CIs or Deployed Assets.

After you create the mapping:

• you need to import the out of the box mapping file (Select Action > Import)
    • customize the mapping expressions if needed
    • save the mapping (Select Action > Save)
    • log out of the UI
    • run the mapping via Command Line interface

The links above will tell you how to run the mapping command which is the process that loads the data.
    Liliana, thanks for responding!

Some questions regarding to your answer.
    If I have installed tamit, tsrm and ccmdb, which process I have to chose? the one to import to TAMIT/TSRM or the one to import CCMDB? it is ok to use Deployed asset 7.2 to Tivoli asset dependency a discovery manager 7.2? with the attached mapping?

Looking at some docs i saw that in the integration composer menu theres an "Execute Mapping", but i dont have it. Im trying to execute mapping form the command line...I Have installed ITIC 7.2.2 and I thought it was the latest version! Im doing something wrong?

Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2011-12-21T19:07:45Z  
    Liliana, thanks for responding!

Some questions regarding to your answer.
    If I have installed tamit, tsrm and ccmdb, which process I have to chose? the one to import to TAMIT/TSRM or the one to import CCMDB? it is ok to use Deployed asset 7.2 to Tivoli asset dependency a discovery manager 7.2? with the attached mapping?

Looking at some docs i saw that in the integration composer menu theres an "Execute Mapping", but i dont have it. Im trying to execute mapping form the command line...I Have installed ITIC 7.2.2 and I thought it was the latest version! Im doing something wrong?

Thanks!
    I have installed fix pack 7.2.2.2 and "Execute Mapping" still isnt in the menu.
    So.. i executed from windows cmd command line, from the Integration composer- bin directory:

executeMapping.bat MiPrimerMapping db2admin p4ssw0rd db2admin p4ssw0rd db2admin p4ssw0rd

And the attached errors are appearing.
    Do you know what it can be?

Thanks!
  • tivoli-i lov it
    tivoli-i lov it
    89 Posts

‏2011-12-22T06:08:38Z  
    I have installed fix pack 7.2.2.2 and "Execute Mapping" still isnt in the menu.
    So.. i executed from windows cmd command line, from the Integration composer- bin directory:

executeMapping.bat MiPrimerMapping db2admin p4ssw0rd db2admin p4ssw0rd db2admin p4ssw0rd

And the attached errors are appearing.
    Do you know what it can be?

Thanks!
    instead of db2admin, give the maximo user
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2011-12-22T13:27:53Z  
    instead of db2admin, give the maximo user
    Hi! thanks for helping me

• executeMapping.bat mappingName repositoryUserName repositoryPassword sourceUserName sourcePassword targetUserName targetPassword

• executeMapping.bat MiPrimerMapping maximo p4ssw0rd db2admin p4ssw0rd maximo p4ssw0rd (first user/pass for composer, second for taddm, third for maximo)

I leave the db2admin for taddm because i think that it isnt a TADDM user. I tried with maximo for the 3 users too, without having good news!
    Im still having the same error.

Im very frustrated, but i will continue reading in order to find an answer.
    Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2011-12-24T22:14:04Z  
    The error that is attached is due to an incorrect SDK. Please install the appropriate IBM SDK 5 for the operating system and edit <itic_install_dir>\bin\init.bat to point JAVA_HOME to the correct path:

set JAVA_HOME=c:\Progra~1\IBM\Java50

Then restart a command line prompt and try running executeMapping.bat again.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2011-12-24T22:15:10Z  
    For TAMIT and TSRM, you need to load Deployed Assets.
    For CCMDB, you need to load CI Type and Actual CIs.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2011-12-26T14:03:03Z  
    The error that is attached is due to an incorrect SDK. Please install the appropriate IBM SDK 5 for the operating system and edit <itic_install_dir>\bin\init.bat to point JAVA_HOME to the correct path:

set JAVA_HOME=c:\Progra~1\IBM\Java50

Then restart a command line prompt and try running executeMapping.bat again.
    Liliana! thanks for responding!
    checking at the init.bat file i saw that I have:

set JAVA_HOME=E:\Appsrv\TCCMDB\IBM-Java_SDK_150\windows

Java50 is a different one? because the IBM java that i have installed, was installed with the installation process, so it is strange that it isn´t working because a Java problem! But.. I dont know this product and Im not very familiar with Java versions.
    But if you are sure about it, please tell me which java I have to download.

Thanks a lot for you time!
  • tivoli-i lov it
    tivoli-i lov it
    89 Posts

‏2011-12-27T05:14:16Z  
    Liliana! thanks for responding!
    checking at the init.bat file i saw that I have:

set JAVA_HOME=E:\Appsrv\TCCMDB\IBM-Java_SDK_150\windows

Java50 is a different one? because the IBM java that i have installed, was installed with the installation process, so it is strange that it isn´t working because a Java problem! But.. I dont know this product and Im not very familiar with Java versions.
    But if you are sure about it, please tell me which java I have to download.

Thanks a lot for you time!
    i guess the location of java_home u mentioned pointing to the software dump rather than the installed one. In that case u need to change the location in init.bat and environment variables as specified by lilliana.

If the location specified by you is correct , then run "java -version" command in that location to check it.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2011-12-28T12:49:31Z  
    i guess the location of java_home u mentioned pointing to the software dump rather than the installed one. In that case u need to change the location in init.bat and environment variables as specified by lilliana.

If the location specified by you is correct , then run "java -version" command in that location to check it.
    Hi!
    You are right, Im pointing to the installation directory and not to the installed one.
    So right now, I will point to:
    JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\IBM\Java50, like Liliana said.

Before making that change i checked the java version I have installed and:

E:\Integration Composer\bin>java -version
    java version "1.5.0"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build pwi32dev-20080315 (SR7))
    IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows Server 2008 x86-32 j9vmwi3223-20080315 (JIT enabled)
    J9VM - 20080314_17962_lHdSMr
    JIT - 20080130_0718ifx2_r8
    GC - 200802_08)
    JCL - 20080314

It is the correct one right? So making that change will change something? I will change it, and will see!
    Thanks a lot for your help!
    Regards
  • nestortech18
    nestortech18
    5 Posts

Integration composer bat file

‏2013-07-09T01:48:46Z  
    For TAMIT and TSRM, you need to load Deployed Assets.
    For CCMDB, you need to load CI Type and Actual CIs.

Hi Everyone,

Any guide how to set schedule or to run the itic 7.5.1 automatic

How to create a bat file to do this automatic run

thanks,

Nestor

Updated on 2013-07-09T01:49:13Z at 2013-07-09T01:49:13Z by nestortech18