5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-03-08T02:34:50Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
214 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Publishing Cognos Express server on Internet

‏2011-12-19T10:10:31Z |
Hi,

I need the Cognos Express server to be published on Internet. The challenge is Cognos uses multiple ports 19300 to 19305. To publish individual port my infra team needs to have 5 public IP as they are not able to confifure all the ports with the same IP on the firewall. All components are on the same server.

Please guide me as to how can the Cognos server be published on the Internet?
Updated on 2012-03-08T02:34:50Z at 2012-03-08T02:34:50Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    214 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Publishing Cognos Express server on Internet

‏2012-01-16T11:02:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

Can anyone please help me as to how to publish the Cognos Express Server on the Internet?

Regards,
    Khalid Shaikh
    • JohnWilkinson
      JohnWilkinson
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-05T20:22:34Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I would suggest that you only need to open port 19300 for use over the internet - this will allow access to the Cognos Connection and Cognos Express Manager. Most of the other reports are for Xcelerator development and startup/shutdown of the server and logging, which is done locally on the server. I doubt that you would want to develop Xcelerator over the internet?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        214 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-07T03:27:52Z  in response to JohnWilkinson
        Thanks John for the response.
        I was going through the installation documentation and came across Cognos Gateway installation. If possible can you throw some light on it?

Regards,
        Khalid Shaikh.
        • JohnWilkinson
          JohnWilkinson
          4 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-07T17:33:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Cognos Express does not directly use IIS - it installs its own web server and tomcat instance. This is why you need to use the "19300" port number in the url to access it.

However, you can, if you wish, install the Gateway component - this will then utilise IIS as the default web server, and therefore port 80 will be utilised rather than 19300. A further advantage of using the gateway component is that you can use "Single Sign On" when using Active Directory as the authentication source.

There is a proven practice document available which details the installation of the web gateway, and a further proven practice document which details the use of Single Sign On with Cognos Express.
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            214 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-08T02:34:50Z  in response to JohnWilkinson
            Thank you John for the detailed response. Yes my query has being addressed.