3 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-12-19T19:49:45Z by SystemAdmin
louis-pierre
louis-pierre
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic problem during the "Notification query" step

‏2011-12-16T21:28:35Z |
Hi,
I'm testing the "Notification Service" and I'm unable to receive- during the "Notification query" step - the message body "Lorem ipsum....."
1 - I started the server. Everything is OK.
2 - I POST the "Registration Request" which gives me back : "Status code : 201 Created" with a "Location header" attached.
registration.json =>
3 - I POST the "Notification Query" which gives me back : "Status code : 200 OK" but without any message
4 - I POST the "Notification Trigger" which gives me back : "Status code : 400 Bad Request".
notif.json =>
5 - All the ancillary queries run well.

Any body could help me ?
Thanks in advance
I give attached some pictures of post files
Updated on 2011-12-19T19:49:45Z at 2011-12-19T19:49:45Z by SystemAdmin
  • louis-pierre
    louis-pierre
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: problem during the "Notification query" step

‏2011-12-17T18:13:35Z  in response to louis-pierre
    Hi,
    I reached to solve a part of the problem using the "Using the Android Notifications Sample Mobile Application" explanation in the tutorial joint to the "IBM Mobile technology Preview" documentation.
    This tutorial demonstrates how to send notifications messages to the service. 2 things to undeline :
    1 - the appID where we need to send Notifications messages seems to have not exactly the ID specified in the tutorial :
    • louis-pierre
      louis-pierre
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-17T18:26:57Z  in response to louis-pierre
      Application ID = "com.ibm.mobile.notifications.service.sample" instead of "com.ibm.mobile.notifications.service.test" as written in the tutorial.
      2 - to run the POST for registration and then notification, we need to reuse exactly the json forms used in the examples given in the tutorial.
      For the registration, the registration.json file must contain the braquets "[" and "{" as show in the examples.
      For the notification, the notification.json file must not contain the braquets "[".

Using my own Android device I reached to receive and read the notification message.
      I'm just staying with unability to read messages when I use the browser extension named POSTER available for Firefox. It's not so important !
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        59 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-19T19:49:45Z  in response to louis-pierre
        Hi louise-pierre,
        Are you saying that even after repairing the json files, you still cannot use poster? I have put screenshots using poster to register, trigger and retrieve the notification using poster in another thread at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=402088&tstart=0.

Do these help at all?