Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-17T19:45:22Z by bkail
bhasker123
bhasker123
24 Posts

Pinned topic Test Connections Fails with UnsatisfiedLinkError!

‏2011-12-16T19:29:31Z |
I have created JDBC provider and datasource at cluster scope. We are using Oracle 11g and OCI THICK DRIVER . When I do a test connection form the WAS console , I am getting following error:
The test connection operation failed for data source Livecycle - oracle - IDP_DS on server nodeagent at node XXXX with the following exception: java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: ocijdbc11 (Not found in java.library.path). View JVM logs for further details.
Not sure what exactly is the problem.
JDBC PROVIDER DETAILS:

classpath: :/usr/Oracle/app/oramvc/product/11.2.0/client_1/jdbc/lib/ojdbc6.jar
nativepath::/usr/Oracle/app/oramvc/product/11.2.0/client_1/lib
Implementation class name: oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource
*DataSource Details:

Data store Helper class: oracle 11g data store helper.
URL:jdbc:oracle:oci8:@orclprddb
Any help will be appreciated.
Updated on 2011-12-19T19:44:49Z at 2011-12-19T19:44:49Z by Sunit
  • bhasker123
    bhasker123
    24 Posts

Re: Test Connections Fails with UnsatisfiedLinkError!

‏2011-12-19T14:33:48Z  
    This is the error message I am getting in nodeagent logs when I do a test connection.

12/19/11 9:28:16:300 EST 0000000f DataSourceCon E DSRA8040I: Failed to connect to the DataSource. Encountered "": java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: ocijdbc11 (Not found in java.library.path)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:1007)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithClassLoader(ClassLoader.java:971)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:470)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection$1.run(T2CConnection.java:3506)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:202)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.loadNativeLibrary(T2CConnection.java:3502)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.logon(T2CConnection.java:252)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:531)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.<init>(T2CConnection.java:148)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CDriverExtension.getConnection(T2CDriverExtension.java:53)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:503)
    at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getPhysicalConnection(OracleDataSource.java:280)
    at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getConnection(OracleDataSource.java:207)
    at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource.getPhysicalConnection(OracleConnectionPoolDataSource.java:139)
    at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(OracleConnectionPoolDataSource.java:88)
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper$2.run(DSConfigurationHelper.java:1633)
    at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAs(ContextManagerImpl.java:4575)
    at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAsSystem(ContextManagerImpl.java:4663)
    at com.ibm.ws.security.core.SecurityContext.runAsSystem(SecurityContext.java:255)
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper$3.run(DSConfigurationHelper.java:1649)
    at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:118)
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.getPooledConnection(DSConfigurationHelper.java:1661)
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.getPooledConnection(DSConfigurationHelper.java:1556)
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.getConnectionFromDSOrPooledDS(DSConfigurationHelper.java:3188)
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.testConnectionForGUI(DSConfigurationHelper.java:3864)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
  • Sunit
    Sunit
    205 Posts

‏2011-12-19T14:56:52Z  
    This is the error message I am getting in nodeagent logs when I do a test connection.

12/19/11 9:28:16:300 EST 0000000f DataSourceCon E DSRA8040I: Failed to connect to the DataSource. Encountered "": java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: ocijdbc11 (Not found in java.library.path)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:1007)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithClassLoader(ClassLoader.java:971)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:470)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection$1.run(T2CConnection.java:3506)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:202)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.loadNativeLibrary(T2CConnection.java:3502)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.logon(T2CConnection.java:252)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:531)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.<init>(T2CConnection.java:148)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CDriverExtension.getConnection(T2CDriverExtension.java:53)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:503)
    at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getPhysicalConnection(OracleDataSource.java:280)
    at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getConnection(OracleDataSource.java:207)
    at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource.getPhysicalConnection(OracleConnectionPoolDataSource.java:139)
    at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(OracleConnectionPoolDataSource.java:88)
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper$2.run(DSConfigurationHelper.java:1633)
    at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAs(ContextManagerImpl.java:4575)
    at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAsSystem(ContextManagerImpl.java:4663)
    at com.ibm.ws.security.core.SecurityContext.runAsSystem(SecurityContext.java:255)
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper$3.run(DSConfigurationHelper.java:1649)
    at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:118)
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.getPooledConnection(DSConfigurationHelper.java:1661)
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.getPooledConnection(DSConfigurationHelper.java:1556)
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.getConnectionFromDSOrPooledDS(DSConfigurationHelper.java:3188)
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.testConnectionForGUI(DSConfigurationHelper.java:3864)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
    Looks like you are trying to use Oracle OCI driver. To use this driver you need the Oracle client installed on your WAS system. If you do not want to do that then use the Oracle Thin (Type IV) driver.

• Sunit
  • bhasker123
    bhasker123
    24 Posts

‏2011-12-19T17:00:24Z  
    • Sunit
    • ‏2011-12-19T14:56:52Z
    Looks like you are trying to use Oracle OCI driver. To use this driver you need the Oracle client installed on your WAS system. If you do not want to do that then use the Oracle Thin (Type IV) driver.

• Sunit
    I appreciate for your help!

Thats correct , I am using oci driver, oracle client 11g exist on my WAS System. Then also I am getting this error.

I did manual sync and restarted the nodes manually.But still no luck.

Do you think that driver got corrupted.

Thanks
    uday
  • Sunit
    Sunit
    205 Posts

‏2011-12-19T19:44:49Z  
    I appreciate for your help!

Thats correct , I am using oci driver, oracle client 11g exist on my WAS System. Then also I am getting this error.

I did manual sync and restarted the nodes manually.But still no luck.

Do you think that driver got corrupted.

Thanks
    uday
    Is there a reason you are using OCI driver instead of thin driver?

If you have to use OCI then you will have to concatenate the directory where the OCI dll file exists to java.library.path Also make sure that you are using the correct OCI driver based on the WebSphere/Java edition (32 bit vs 64 bit).

• Sunit
  • 62MQ_Sridhar_Yarlagadda
    1 Post

‏2013-05-17T18:57:18Z  

bhasker123, 

Did that issue resolved? What did you do to resolve?

• bkail
    bkail
    372 Posts

‏2013-05-17T19:45:22Z  

bhasker123, 

Did that issue resolved? What did you do to resolve?

I recommend starting a new thread with your specific error rather than replying to older threads.

As mentioned in the final reply, you need to somehow configure your server to locate the native libraries, preferably by specifying the directory in the native path of the JDBC configuration.