• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-12-21T13:29:59Z by Forrest_Xia
Krzysztof.S
Krzysztof.S
5 Posts

Pinned topic WAS CE 3.0 and WebSphere MQ Extended Transactional Client

‏2011-12-14T16:34:31Z |
Hello.

I used WAS CE 2.1.4 together with WebSphere MQ Extended Transactional Client. I have to use XA Transaction in my application.

I configure this according to instruction:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0804_pathadan/0804_pathadan.html

Currently I’m working on migrating applications to WAS CE 3.0. Unfortunately, this is a very difficult issue.

When I try to install on WAS CE 3.0 the same MQ Extended Transactional Client (comes from MQ v6) as in WAS CE version 2.1.4 I receive error as in attached file: MQ_ETC_6.zip.

When I use new version of MQ Extended Transactional Client (comes from MQ v7). I receive different error (e.g. Distributed transactions are not available in client mode.). More detail in file: MQ_ETC_7.zip
Is there a person who did correctly configure the WAS CE 3.0 together with MQ Extended Transactional Client working in XA transaction?

I’m not able to find any information in network about this installation.

I will be grateful for any help.

Best regards,
Kris.

Attachments

Updated on 2011-12-21T13:29:59Z at 2011-12-21T13:29:59Z by Forrest_Xia
  • Forrest_Xia
    Forrest_Xia
    82 Posts

Re: WAS CE 3.0 and WebSphere MQ Extended Transactional Client

‏2011-12-15T01:22:57Z  
    Hi Kris,

CE 3.0 has big change on classloading machanism, CE 3.0 is OSGi enabled, all function modules in CE 3.0 are all OSGi bundles.

Here is an instruction about migrating MQ XA enabled resource adapter to CE 3.0
    1. Find the wmq.jmsra.rar and com.ibm.mqetclient.jar in the MQ installation folder, open the rar with proper unzip tool(for example, winrar), and add the etclient jar file into the rar, and save the new rar into another name(e.g wmq.jmsra_withetclient.rar)
    2. Start CE 3.0.0.0 and uninstall the previous rar, war, and jar installed for the purpose. Then restart CE with cache cleaned like this: bin\startup.sh|bat -c
    3. Deploy the MQ rar with the attached sample deployment plan. Note that replace the MQ configuration with your environment
    4. Deploy your application and you should be able to validate the function.

We tried this successfully with MQ v7, so please let us know if this works for MQ v6.

Forrest
  • Krzysztof.S
    Krzysztof.S
    5 Posts

‏2011-12-20T08:13:31Z  
    Hi Kris,

CE 3.0 has big change on classloading machanism, CE 3.0 is OSGi enabled, all function modules in CE 3.0 are all OSGi bundles.

Here is an instruction about migrating MQ XA enabled resource adapter to CE 3.0
    1. Find the wmq.jmsra.rar and com.ibm.mqetclient.jar in the MQ installation folder, open the rar with proper unzip tool(for example, winrar), and add the etclient jar file into the rar, and save the new rar into another name(e.g wmq.jmsra_withetclient.rar)
    2. Start CE 3.0.0.0 and uninstall the previous rar, war, and jar installed for the purpose. Then restart CE with cache cleaned like this: bin\startup.sh|bat -c
    3. Deploy the MQ rar with the attached sample deployment plan. Note that replace the MQ configuration with your environment
    4. Deploy your application and you should be able to validate the function.

We tried this successfully with MQ v7, so please let us know if this works for MQ v6.

Forrest
    Thanks for your advice, MQ adapter works now.
    Unfortunately I have another problem with ear deployment (DeploymentException: JACC manager gbean already present). I’ve create another topic at forum on that.
    I've seen in a file that you are attached the definition of a transaction is reduced to one entry
    <xa-transaction/>

Until now, I used an entry
    < xa-transaction>
    < transaction-caching/>
    </ xa-transaction>
    What is a different between them?
  • Forrest_Xia
    Forrest_Xia
    82 Posts

‏2011-12-21T13:29:59Z  
    Thanks for your advice, MQ adapter works now.
    Unfortunately I have another problem with ear deployment (DeploymentException: JACC manager gbean already present). I’ve create another topic at forum on that.
    I've seen in a file that you are attached the definition of a transaction is reduced to one entry
    <xa-transaction/>

Until now, I used an entry
    < xa-transaction>
    < transaction-caching/>
    </ xa-transaction>
    What is a different between them?
    transaction-caching means keeping the connection associated with the transaction until the transaction ends (preventing it from being closed), so it's more safer for an XA environment, you can keep your setting.