Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-29T12:44:53Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
197 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Facet showing nouns for only one field

‏2011-12-09T13:31:28Z |
Hi,

I would like to configure a facet which shows (in Facets View as keyword) all nouns for a specific field.

Using rules I cannot (or don´s know) specify a field to get the nouns and associate it to a facet.
Using Facets, I cannot specify to use only nouns.

Is it possible ? How can I do it ?

Thanks,
Carlo
Updated on 2013-03-29T12:44:53Z at 2013-03-29T12:44:53Z by SystemAdmin
  • bfoyle
    bfoyle
    60 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Facet showing nouns for only one field

‏2011-12-09T16:32:42Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    It's unclear to me what you are trying to do. Can you describe the specifics of the use case more fully?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      197 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-09T16:58:47Z  in response to bfoyle
      OK, I will describe in more detail.

1)We have some XML files having a description of books, for example:

<book>
      <title>Enterprise Ontology: Theory and Methodology</title>
      < description >If one thing catches the eye in almost all literature about (re)designing or (re)engineering of enterprises, it is the lack of a well-founded theory about their construction and operation. Often even the most basic notions like "action" or "process" are not ...
      </description>
      </book>
      2) We configure a Field named "description" and mapping it with <description> XML tag.

We would like to have a Facet named "description_noun" listing all nouns of description Field in keyword column in Facet View, if it is possible.
      • bfoyle
        bfoyle
        60 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-09T17:22:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        What you are experiencing is an artifact of the fact that you are crawling xml. ICA indexes the whole XML document for query purposes. If you can get it into another data source, database or csv for example, you can specify which field or fields you want to have analyzed...in your case description. In the past, I've used Advanced XML Converter to convert xml files to csv for experimentation in ICA.

so, in your example, for a csv...something like"
        title, description
        "Enterprise Ontology:Theory and Methodology", "If one thing catches the eye in almost all literature about (re)designing or (re)engineering of enterprises, it is the lack of a well-founded theory about their construction and operation. Often even the most basic notions like "action" or "process" are not ..."
        "Second book title", "long description of the book and what it is about..."
        "Third book title", "long description of the book and what it is about..."
        etc.

title would be mapped to a "title" field but analyzable would not be checked in the field definition
        description would be mapped to the "body" field and analyzable is checked by default.

All the annotators will run against the body field and one of the parts of speech that will be extracted is Noun
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          197 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-09T17:53:31Z  in response to bfoyle
          Hi Bob,

Thank you for your answer.

One point I missed, it has other Fields analyzed. In CSV example we will have:

title, description, _about_author_
          "Enterprise Ontology:Theory and Methodology", "If one thing catches the eye in almost all literature about (re)designing or (re)engineering of enterprises, it is the lack of a well-founded theory about their construction and operation. Often even the most basic notions like "action" or "process" are not ...", "Jan L.G. Dietz is professor in Information Systems Design at Delft University of Technology (The Netherlands) since 1994, after..."

Configuring description and about_author fields as body, We will have all nouns in Noum facet.

I would like to create a facet "descrition_noun" having only nouns from description source.
          • bfoyle
            bfoyle
            60 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-09T19:18:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            There is no way I know of in one collection to analyze one field for nouns only and another field for other things. Currently, all the fields you identify as analyzable have the same NLP run against them...our default parts of speech, phrases, NER and any custom LRW annotators you have specified.

I would create two Text Analytics collections if I absolutely needed to see the description-nouns distinct from the about_author-nouns. It's a bit more of an extra step but you can get there at least.

bf
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              197 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-11T13:16:39Z  in response to bfoyle
              Thank you for your answer.
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                197 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-29T12:44:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                Hi Carlo,
                I am using IBM Cognos Content Analytics v 2.1 in my end of study project. ( I am new using this tool)
                And I have some problems in the exploration text application.

In fact, my boss want to see something like this demo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8jHNkQ4fdY on the example of juice and tea type which exist in the firststep folder as xml files.

I added the facets and the keywords but the tool is not able to do the text mining.
                It is only doing a keyword search.
                So I can't see the Time Series, Facet pairs, facets, trends ...

Can you help me to activate the text mining ?

Thanks for your help.