• 22 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-04-14T16:35:04Z by jgstew
Luz91
Luz91
10 Posts

Pinned topic Software Usage Analysis

‏2011-05-19T15:34:40Z |
Is correctly my localization in the browser i type:

http:/localhost: indicate the port number of the installation of SUA.

The SUA GUI the connection with the server has failed. Please check your network connection and try again. why?
  • Luz91
    Luz91
    10 Posts

Re: Software Usage Analysis

‏2011-05-20T16:34:58Z  
    I resolve, thank you
  • Miran_p91
    Miran_p91
    6 Posts

‏2011-05-24T12:22:42Z  
    How did you solve your problem? I havee same error :/
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    562 Posts

‏2011-05-25T06:21:17Z  
    software usage analysis has been installed successfully , but unable view under lifecycle management domain Please help me on this?
  • Miran_p91
    Miran_p91
    6 Posts

‏2011-05-25T07:01:08Z  
    You need to enable SUA in license overview, if you have trial you need masthead.

Anyone know how to resolve Connection with the server has failed. Please check your network connection and try again.

I have this error after restart, before worked without any problem.
  • Luz91
    Luz91
    10 Posts

‏2011-05-30T15:18:18Z  
    Install: SQL Server Management Studio Express Edition (SSMSEE), it´s permited you can see the dabatase files. You needed remove the software from the DSS SAM application server of the database and the directory of the program files in the bigfix enterprise, usually located in disk C:

Check out the info in this site: http://support.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/kbdirect.pl?id=529
  • Luz91
    Luz91
    10 Posts

‏2011-05-30T15:28:01Z  
    I read this document: The Datasource Host field is the name of the database server for the Tivoli Endpoint Manager Server from which you deployed the SUA Tasks and Analyses. It contains the inventory results of that deployment. If your server’s database is on a non-standard port, enter it with a comma separator, for example, 192.168.1.1, 1434.

I have a new problem, SUA database for inventory reporting, i can´t configure the datasource, the databsource name error, why?
  • steffy91
    steffy91
    2 Posts

‏2011-06-09T08:55:58Z  
    How to fetch masthead for evaluation version? I need to enable SUA in license overview.
    Can anyone help me with this?
  • Luz91
    Luz91
    10 Posts

‏2011-06-16T20:34:54Z  
    In the web report of software usage analysis at login. i can see channel disconnect or connection failled, why?
  • GDeP
    GDeP
    2 Posts

‏2011-07-20T17:04:40Z  
    Hey guys,

I'm experiencing the exact same bug, I either get Channel Disconnected or Connection with the server has failed.
    Please check your network connection and try again.

It was working fine yesterday... Now I can't seem to find a solution, all I could track regarding the issue was this rails log:

(70014)End of file found: proxy: error reading status line from remote server 127.0.0.1
    proxy: Error reading from remote server returned by /

Any solutions to this yet ?
  • JohanM91
    JohanM91
    1 Post

‏2011-08-05T14:00:50Z  
    Hi guys,

I have the same issue here. The weird thing is that it was working previously!??!?!?!

what could have done this? I need to pull SUA info ASAP.

Please advise.

Regards
  • GDeP
    GDeP
    2 Posts

‏2011-08-05T19:06:59Z  
    JohanM
    Hi guys,

I have the same issue here. The weird thing is that it was working previously!??!?!?!

what could have done this? I need to pull SUA info ASAP.

Please advise.

Regards
    Today I updated my SUA from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1.597 and it started working again, i'm not sure if it is a permanent fix tho, since last time it was working for a while and stopped for no apparent reason.

If you are really in a hurry and running 1.3.0 I guess it's worth the shot, pretty simple upgrade and it fixes the problem, at least for a while.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    562 Posts

‏2011-08-29T11:50:34Z  
    Hi guys,
    I had the same issue. If you are unable to connect to the SUA console, try to restart the SUA services. (All Services labeled BigFix DSS.)
    Best regards
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    562 Posts

‏2011-09-15T08:24:37Z  
    So if you are using the trial version,can you enable DSS SUA?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    562 Posts

‏2011-09-22T07:28:17Z  
    anyone?
  • NoahSalzman
    NoahSalzman
    42 Posts

‏2011-09-22T14:11:14Z  
    The "30-seat, 30-day" trial? I don't think you can enable SUA with the current configuration of that eval (although we are considering it).

Is this for you (an internal IBM person) or for a customer/client? If it's the former then contact me off-list and I'll let you know how to generate your own license key so you can avoid using the 30/30 installer.
  • ravi2000
    ravi2000
    4 Posts

‏2011-10-13T12:08:33Z  
    Hi,

I have installed and configured Tivoli End point Manager 8.1 and web reports, security and compliance Analytics and software usage Analysis (SUA) and TEMA.

Software and Hardware Details:

Operating system : Windows 2003 server.
    Database : Microsoft SQL server 2005.

When I am creating the Data source for SUA, facing below error. Please check the below screen that helps you more clear.

Datasouce Name : Test
    Database Host : TPMSERVER
    Database Name: BFEnterprise
    Database Authentication Type: Windows Authentication

EXE Scan Directory: C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\UploadManagerData\BufferDir\sha1
    Buttons : save Test Cancel

EXE Scan Directory: C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\UploadManagerData\BufferDir\sha1. When clicking Test button facing the below error.

Error:

An error ocurred

Data source: Test is not subscribed to Inventory site .
    Can you please help me to resolve the issue. Thanks for your Valuable help.
  • Luz91
    Luz91
    10 Posts

‏2011-10-13T15:46:58Z  
    change the datasourcre name. Type the diferent name, i think so that it´s your problem.
  • ravi2000
    ravi2000
    4 Posts

‏2011-10-14T04:36:05Z  
    Hi,

I have tried in all the ways like giving different names for data source but no luck. see do you know how to activate inventory analysis.

But here error saying like not subscribed to inventory analysis.One more thing i want to say is i am not able to see sua application in my tem console .But i can able to login sua url . http://localhost:83/.

Hope you can understand. Thanks for your immediate reply.
  • pconstantine91
    pconstantine91
    2 Posts

‏2011-10-19T15:53:38Z  
    Noah Sorry for the late response.A customer who was interested in SUA wanted to try it that's why i was asking.It would be nice to include SUA in the next trial release.
  • scottsd
    scottsd
    1 Post

‏2012-04-11T21:35:49Z  
    Noah Sorry for the late response.A customer who was interested in SUA wanted to try it that's why i was asking.It would be nice to include SUA in the next trial release.
    I believe this error means that the TEM Server hasn't subscribed to the DSS SAM site under Software Use Analysis in the License Dashboard.

To fix, simply Enable this site in the License Dashboard and make sure you Gather from this site, and expose it to your computers.

I was able to fix this error on my server BigFix Management->License Overview by subscribing to that site under Software Use Analysis.

Thanks,
    Scott
  • nagaraj.s
    nagaraj.s
    10 Posts

‏2014-04-11T11:16:52Z  
    • ravi2000
    • ‏2011-10-13T12:01:38Z
    Hi,

I have installed and configured Tivoli End point Manager 8.1 and web reports, security and compliance Analytics and software usage Analysis (SUA) and TEMA.

Software and Hardware Details:

Operating system : Windows 2003 server.
    Database : Microsoft SQL server 2005.

When I am creating the Data source for SUA, facing below error. Please check the below screen that helps you more clear.

Datasouce Name : Test
    Database Host : TPMSERVER
    Database Name: BFEnterprise
    Database Authentication Type: Windows Authentication

EXE Scan Directory: C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\UploadManagerData\BufferDir\sha1
    Buttons : save Test Cancel

EXE Scan Directory: C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\UploadManagerData\BufferDir\sha1. When clicking Test button facing the below error.

Error:

An error ocurred

Data source: Test is not subscribed to Inventory site .
    Can you please help me to resolve the issue. Thanks for your Valuable help.

hi

I am getting new error

the error is IN SUA RAW METERING  is not getting but scan data software details is getting well

only the EXE raw data i am not getting

please help me

its urjent

• jgstew
    jgstew
    18 Posts

‏2014-04-14T16:35:04Z  
    • nagaraj.s
    • ‏2014-04-11T11:16:52Z

hi

I am getting new error

the error is IN SUA RAW METERING  is not getting but scan data software details is getting well

only the EXE raw data i am not getting

please help me

its urjent

Please file a PMR:  

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Open_service_request/

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21507639