Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-04-23T11:41:14Z by Niraj Kumar Mishra
rmnetops91
rmnetops91
16 Posts

Pinned topic Right-click Console Customization (BigFix Lab Utility) Bug

‏2009-09-17T18:09:17Z |
Anyone else notice the right-click console customization for "Open Client Log" doesn't work on x64 servers? Based on what I can tell it SHOULD work, but I get a "The system cannot find the path specified" error in notepad when I try it. It works fine against 2003, WinXP, 2000, etc.. machines.

Here is the ShellCommandRelevance Value that it came shipped with:

"notepad.exe %22\\" & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = "DNS Name" ) of current computer) & "\C$\Program Files" & (if (exists property results whose (name of property of it = "Full Operating System Name and Service Pack Level - Windows" and exists value of it and (value of it as lowercase contains "x64" or value of it as lowercase contains "64-bit") ) of current computer) then " (x86)" else "") & "\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\__BESData\__Global\Logs\" & year of current date as string & month of current date as two digits as string & day_of_month of current date as two digits as string & ".log%22"
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    757 Posts

Re: Right-click Console Customization (BigFix Lab Utility) Bug

‏2009-09-17T18:47:07Z  
    Yup, it's been on our list for awhile, but it's a low priority. If you find a fix, please post it.
  • rmnetops91
    rmnetops91
    16 Posts

‏2010-02-19T02:51:17Z  
    Here is the fix I developed:

#1 Create a new System Property called "OS Architecture - Windows", with the following relevance:

(if (name of operating system as lowercase starts with "win") then if (x64 of operating system) then "x64" else "x32" else "Non-Windows OS")

#2 Send refreshes so machines start populating this property, or just wait until they do.

#3 Change the "Open Client Log" "ShellCommandRelevance" value in the registry to the following:

"notepad.exe %22\\" & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = "DNS Name" ) of current computer) & "\C$\Program Files" & (if (exists property results whose (name of property of it = "OS Architecture - Windows" and exists value of it and (value of it as lowercase contains "x64") ) of current computer) then " (x86)" else "") & "\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\__BESData\__Global\Logs\" & year of current date as string & month of current date as two digits as string & day_of_month of current date as two digits as string & ".log%22"

I've attached a registry file that will update this menu option for you.

Bam! It should work now.
  • Niraj Kumar Mishra
    Niraj Kumar Mishra
    15 Posts

‏2012-02-15T11:28:38Z  
    Here is the fix I developed:

#1 Create a new System Property called "OS Architecture - Windows", with the following relevance:

(if (name of operating system as lowercase starts with "win") then if (x64 of operating system) then "x64" else "x32" else "Non-Windows OS")

#2 Send refreshes so machines start populating this property, or just wait until they do.

#3 Change the "Open Client Log" "ShellCommandRelevance" value in the registry to the following:

"notepad.exe %22\\" & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = "DNS Name" ) of current computer) & "\C$\Program Files" & (if (exists property results whose (name of property of it = "OS Architecture - Windows" and exists value of it and (value of it as lowercase contains "x64") ) of current computer) then " (x86)" else "") & "\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\__BESData\__Global\Logs\" & year of current date as string & month of current date as two digits as string & day_of_month of current date as two digits as string & ".log%22"

I've attached a registry file that will update this menu option for you.

Bam! It should work now.
    Dear Sir,

I have tried all the steps provided by you in the previous post but unable to opne client log on windows 64 bit machine.

I have create custom porperty "OS Architecture - Windows" using manage property by clicking on tools and then click on manage properties by giving your relevance.

Send refresh to the target computer. it reported after that.

Now I change the respsctive regisrty value by giving the shellcoammndrelevance script but unable to access the client log of 64 bit machine.

Thanks and Regards
    Niraj Kumar Mishra
  • BenKus
    BenKus
    480 Posts

‏2012-03-13T07:47:12Z  
    Dear Sir,

I have tried all the steps provided by you in the previous post but unable to opne client log on windows 64 bit machine.

I have create custom porperty "OS Architecture - Windows" using manage property by clicking on tools and then click on manage properties by giving your relevance.

Send refresh to the target computer. it reported after that.

Now I change the respsctive regisrty value by giving the shellcoammndrelevance script but unable to access the client log of 64 bit machine.

Thanks and Regards
    Niraj Kumar Mishra
    Is your agent installed on the C drive?

Ben
  • Niraj Kumar Mishra
    Niraj Kumar Mishra
    15 Posts

‏2014-04-22T15:45:02Z  
    • BenKus
    • ‏2012-03-13T07:47:12Z
    Is your agent installed on the C drive?

Ben

Hi Ben,

My agents are installed on the C Drive.

Thanks and Regrds

Niraj Kumar Mishra

• Niraj Kumar Mishra
    Niraj Kumar Mishra
    15 Posts

‏2014-04-23T11:41:14Z  

Hi Ben,

My agents are installed on the C Drive.

Thanks and Regrds

Niraj Kumar Mishra

Thanks Ben..........Finally I have rectify the issue. Again Thanks a lot to you..

Regards

Niraj Kumar Mishra