146 replies Latest Post - ‏2015-04-16T16:26:26Z by FrankHansen
Lee Wei
Lee Wei
598 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Report Available: Fixlet Compliance by Computer Group

‏2009-12-14T18:33:18Z |

Overview:

• Given a set of Fixlets and a group of Computers, the report will calculate the total compliance, as well as the compliance for individual computers.
  • There is a sister report that provides the compliance of each Fixlet, rather than by each Computer.

Installation:

You should have a \wwwroot\ext-3.2.0 directory.

• If the \ext-3.2.0 directory already exists, the easiest is to rename it first.
  • Create the report by going to the Reports link/tab in Web Reports.

Scroll to the bottom to find button "Import Report"
Browse to the Fixlet Compliance by Computer Group v1.6.beswrpt report file in the \ext-3.2.0 directory
It is in an XML format

Requirements:

• The report works in both Web Reports version 7.2 and 8.0.
  • The charts require Flash Player 9.0 or above.
  • The export to Excel function requires Firefox.
  • This report does extensive JavaScript processing. IE7 is particularly slow in this regard. Please consider upgrading to IE8 or better still Firefox.
  • Safari is not supported because it does not allow the modification of script timeout period. For long running reports (say >5000 computers), Safari will timeout.

Bug Fixes/Enhancements:

• 2010-08-05 v1.6 Added line 47 in fixlet_compliance.js that allows different treatment for computers with 0 applicable Fixlets
  • 2010-08-05 v1.6 Added Mark Macherey filter modifications http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=5393
  • 2010-05-15 v1.5 Added the ability to multi-select both the Fixlet Content and the Computer Group
  • 2010-05-05 v1.4 Fixed the problem where custom sites show an empty compliance report
  • 2009-12-14 v1.3 This is the originally posted version. (Find the version number where the filters drop list at the top)

Notes:

• This report is related to and uses the following reports. So as a bonus, import and try the other reports as well.

Asset Management Dashboard v1.2.beswrpt
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014743859&ps=25

Fixlet Compliance by Content v1.1.beswrpt
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014744033&ps=25

Lee Wei

Compliance by Computer Group

Updated on 2013-09-26T15:05:48Z at 2013-09-26T15:05:48Z by Lee Wei
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Report Available: Fixlet Compliance by Computer Group

‏2009-12-14T18:34:17Z  in response to Lee Wei

Additional Information:

Content Droplist Filter

• The Content droplist will retrieve all baseslines and sites available to the login Web Report user.
    • There are a few pre-defined selections:

All Microsoft Critical Fixlets - All Patches for Windows (English) critical Fixlets, excluding corrupted or superseded patches.
    Microsoft Patches (Current Period) - Automatically calculates the Fixlets published from the Patch Tuesday to the Monday before the next period. Excludes all corrupted or superseded patches.
    Microsoft Patches (Previous Periods) - Same as above but for 2 previous periods.

• Custom Relevance Expression - Provides a free form entry to specify a Session Relevance that returns a list of Fixlet objects.

For example, bes fixlets whose (name of it as lowercase starts with "ms09-065")
    This will return all Fixlets with names starting with MS09-065.

Computer Group Droplist Filter

• The Computer Group droplist will retrieve all computer groups available to the login Web Report user.
    • There are 2 few pre-defined selections:

All Computer - Straight forward retrieval of all computers. It is not a good idea to use this if there are too many computers. Always try with a smaller subset.
    All Windows Computers - All computers with that has "win" in the operating system name.

• Custom Relevance Expression - Provides a free form entry to specify a Session Relevance that returns a list of Computer objects.

For example, bes computers whose (now - last report time of it < 7*day)
    This will return all computers who have reported within the last week.

Compliance Grid

The Compliance grid displays individual computer compliance status against all the Fixlets selected.

• Meanings for the various columns:

Applicable Fixlets - All the Fixlets that became relevant on the computer at some point. Let's assume that a completely patched computer is added to the BigFix system, note that Applicable Fixlet will be zero because no Fixlets would have been evaluated as relevant. So the applicable count shows only results after the installation of the BigFix agent. Installed + Outstanding = Applicable.
    Installed Fixlets - Any Fixlets first detected as relevant, which are now remediated.
    Outstanding Fixlets - Fixlets that are still relevant.
    Compliance - This percentage output is calculated with formula (Installed / Applicable) * 100.

• The Export to Excel function uses a newer browser feature call Data URL. Unfortunately, the support across browsers is not consistent, and as this is written, it only works with FireFox or Safari.
    • Although the grid does paging, this is only a Client Side feature rather than true paging from the Server.

Outstanding Fixlet Grid

The Outstanding Fixlet grid displays all the Fixlets still relevant for the computer group selected.

• Note that the grid currently limits the displayed data to 1000 items to prevent slow performance.
    • The items are grouped by Computer Name by default. However, it is possible to group them by the other columns, such as by Source Severity. Try this out by locating the Column Filter droplist on the column headings.

Lee Wei

Updated on 2013-05-07T14:43:44Z at 2013-05-07T14:43:44Z by Lee Wei
    • AakashK
      AakashK
      11 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-11T14:32:50Z  in response to Lee Wei
      Hi Lee,

I have a set of custom properties which I want to add in teh report.
      I am getting the error as seen in the attachment error.jpg

These two custom properties are added in Manage property list on console & fetching output.

Can you please help me were can I make changes so that I get the correct output in the attached report.jpg format

I tested this in presentation debugger its fetching output to me

((values of results (it, bes property "restart status")) of bes computers)
      ((values of results (it, bes property "group name")) of bes computers)

Attachments

• Lee Wei
        Lee Wei
        598 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-11T16:54:13Z  in response to AakashK

AkkashK,

There are actually multiple places in the script that need to be modified.

You have edited the Session Relevance statement to retrieve the additional attributes, and there are at least 2 places that need to be changed. One is the JSON object that hold the return value, and the other is the Grid that displays the results.

Lee Wei

• AakashK
          AakashK
          11 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-12T06:42:18Z  in response to Lee Wei

Thanks for your prompt reply Lee.

Can you please guide  where JSON object & Grid file are located & where on those files can I make changes and what changes can be made.

Aakash

Updated on 2014-08-12T07:38:53Z at 2014-08-12T07:38:53Z by AakashK
          • Lee Wei
            Lee Wei
            598 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-12T19:43:21Z  in response to AakashK

Everything is contained within that one JavaScript file.

You can search using the names of the other attributes like "Operating System" and "IP Address".

Lee Wei

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    890 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-15T19:56:33Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Lee, This rocks. Thanks so much. It should be stickied at the top of the forum! One quick question, is there a way to print out the entire report as a single page or export is as a PDF?

Update: I just noticed that data for Windows 2008 R2 shows all 0's for Applicable, Installed and Outstanding. Strange.

Update to my update: I don't know how to read. After Lee spent his time with me, we figured out I was just reading the report wrong.

As for my question on printing, we were looking for a way to print out the report as a whole, not an actual single page but as one report. Talking with Lee, it is not possibly to print as one continuous report at this time.
    Updated on 2009-12-15T19:56:33Z at 2009-12-15T19:56:33Z by SystemAdmin
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-14T22:36:29Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi John,

• The report cannot be printed as one continuous page.
    • Export as PDF needs to be done as printing to the PDF driver.
    • The report itself should have no bearing on Windows 2008 R2. It does not distinguish the OS in any way. I would love to help you figure out the problem. I will give you a ping via private message.

Lee Wei
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    890 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-15T10:35:04Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Lee, this looks excellant - but (there's always a but when a sentence starts like this one ;) ) when I try and open the report all I see is:-

Important Information

How long would you expect it to take to load in the information (we have 21,000 fixlets, 3800 tasks, 100 actions, 2000 computers and a handfull of baselines) ?

Could it be something to do with the fact that we don't use the default BigFix ports?

I should add that other reports are working OK.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Updated on 2009-12-15T10:35:04Z at 2009-12-15T10:35:04Z by SystemAdmin
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-15T16:23:50Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Mark,

Looks like you don't have the JavaScript libraries unzipped correctly.
    The ext_js_lib.zip goes into the folder "C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsServer\wwwroot".
    (Or wherever the Web Reports is installed)
    You should then have a folder \ext underneath that as in:
    "C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsServer\wwwroot\ext"

You can test this by seeing if you can find a file in that folder via Web Reports:
    http://<servername>:<port>/ext/resources/css/ext-all.css
    If you see text and css content, you have it installed correctly.

The initial load should take 3-5 seconds.

Lee Wei
  • raveldc91
    raveldc91
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-15T18:30:09Z  in response to Lee Wei
    This is a great report. I do occasionally get the error though:

Error: NETWORK_ERR: XMLHttpRequest Exception 101

unique values of (id of item 0 of it as string & "||" & name of item 0 of it & "||" & item 1 of it & "||" & item 2 of it & "||" & item 3 of it & "||" & item 4 of it & "||" & item 5 of it & "||" & item 6 of it & "||" & item 7 of it) of (applicable computers whose (exists name of it) of it, ("" & name of it & ""), (if (exists source severity of it) then ( if (source severity of it as lowercase contains "" or source severity of it as lowercase contains "") then ("Unspecified") else (source severity of it) ) else ("Unspecified")), (if (exists source release date of it ) then ((year of it as string & "-" & month of it as two digits as string & "-" & day_of_month of it as two digits as string) of source release date of it as string) else "1000-01-01"), (if (exists category of it) then (if (category of it as lowercase contains "") then (category of it as string) else ("Unspecified") ) else ("Unknown")), (if (exists download size of it) then ((download size of it) as string) else ("0")),display name of site of it, applicable computer count of it as string) of (bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it = true and display name of site of it = "Patches for Windows (English)" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "corrupt patch" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "superseded" and source release date of it >= date "13 Oct 2009" and source release date of it <= date "09 Nov 2009"))

What causes this? Is there a fix?

I should also note that the "" & name of it & "" appears as a hyperlink. When clicked it leads to a HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found, with the URL:

https://webreports/ReportFiles/106/%22%22
    Updated on 2009-12-15T18:30:09Z at 2009-12-15T18:30:09Z by raveldc91
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-16T00:02:16Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Raveldc,

The hyperlink that you saw has no bearing on the error.

This is the Session Relevance statement used by the report to retrieve Fixlet information.
    The statement is correct, so any intermittent problem might suggest some external issues, potentially because there is a lot of data being returned.
    • What browser are you using?
    • Are you noticing other network issues?
    • How many computers do you have?

Here is a simple Web Report that we can use to test the statement and to see if we can duplicate the error.
    Create the following as a new report, then paste the Session Relevance statement above into the text area and run the query.
    If you put the statement "number of unique values..." in front of the query, it is also useful to find out how many rows are being returned.

Lee Wei

<table><tr> <td><textarea id=
    "query" rows=
    "4" cols=
    "60"></textarea></td> <td><input type=
    'button' onclick=
    'run()' value=
    'Run'/></td> </tr></table><hr/><div id=
    "resultsDiv"></div>   <script type=
    "text/javascript"> function run()
    { var relevance = query.value; strResponse = EvaluateRelevance(relevance); document.getElementById(
    'resultsDiv').innerHTML = strResponse;
    } </script>

• nagaraj.s
      nagaraj.s
      12 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-09-25T05:09:36Z  in response to Lee Wei

Hi Lee,

I am using IBM Endpoint Manager 9.1v in my enviornment, i have using patch management module also.

so i have deployed the patches in my networks through baseline, i need the report format for all the patches in complain process

i need the web-reports following kinds of thinks

computer name, IP address, last report time, Applied   patches in every clients, the deployed patches status, and the fixlet KB number.

Also i have attached the file (required reports formats) please find the same, and please give any ideas.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan.

Attachments

• koldenbu91
    koldenbu91
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-16T16:59:50Z  in response to Lee Wei
    I do not access to the server to dump the files you suggested into the Server. I have copied the Zip file contents into my local drive c:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\Client and then try to run it from the Web Client and it only reports the following.

Important Information
    Can you let me know if this report can be run from the client side without dumping the Zip file that you suggested to download onto the server?
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-16T17:25:38Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi koldenbu,

The framework is necessary on the server side for processing.
    It cannot be installed on the client side.

Sorry about that,
    Lee Wei
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    890 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-16T17:49:56Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Lee,

As requested in your email...

I checked the directory structure as you suggested and yes - the files had unpacked to "C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsServer\ext"

So I moved the 'ext' directory to "C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsServer\wwwroot\ext" and everything started working just fine.

As I also said in my email to you - this is wonderful addition to the Web Reports, I can now let my managers know that they can generate their own compliancy charts without me having to give them Console access to the SCM Dashboards.

Thanks again. :D :D :D
    Mark
    Updated on 2009-12-16T17:49:56Z at 2009-12-16T17:49:56Z by SystemAdmin
  • raveldc91
    raveldc91
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-21T14:03:39Z  in response to Lee Wei
    o.k., thanks for the test. I tried it and it does not return anything, here is the session relevance:

unique values of (id of item 0 of it as string & "||" & name of item 0 of it & "||" & item 1 of it & "||" & item 2 of it & "||" & item 3 of it & "||" & item 4 of it & "||" & item 5 of it & "||" & item 6 of it & "||" & item 7 of it) of (applicable computers whose (exists name of it) of it, ("" & name of it & ""), (if (exists source severity of it) then ( if (source severity of it as lowercase contains "" or source severity of it as lowercase contains "") then ("Unspecified") else (source severity of it) ) else ("Unspecified")), (if (exists source release date of it ) then ((year of it as string & "-" & month of it as two digits as string & "-" & day_of_month of it as two digits as string) of source release date of it as string) else "1000-01-01"), (if (exists category of it) then (if (category of it as lowercase contains "") then (category of it as string) else ("Unspecified") ) else ("Unknown")), (if (exists download size of it) then ((download size of it) as string) else ("0")),display name of site of it, applicable computer count of it as string) of (bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it = true and display name of site of it = "Patches for Windows (English)" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "corrupt patch" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "superseded" and source release date of it >= date "08 Dec 2009" and source release date of it <= date "11 Jan 2010"))

I also tried using the same relevance with number of ... prepended. Again, no data.

Browser: Safari
    Network issues: None that we are aware of
    Number of computers: ~9,000
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-23T19:06:55Z  in response to Lee Wei
    raveldc and I worked on the above issue and determined that Safari is timing out processing the script.
    This works correctly with FireFox.
    We have not been able to find a way to change the timeout for Safari, as we are able to for FireFox and IE.
    We are going to make a note that Safari is not supported.

Lee Wei
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    890 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-14T15:42:56Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Lee,

Any chance we could have a "By Date" and / or "By Time Period" option added to the report. This way we could run the report for different time periods (we could run them at any point in time) and see some rudimentary trending reports?

Also, we would LOVE a way to schedule and email this report.

John
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-14T18:51:54Z  in response to Lee Wei
    John,

There are 2 possible time period filters.
    One for the release dates for the Fixlets, and the other the remediation date.
    I assume you would be interested in the remediation date.
    For a certain time period, show me what computers are fixed.

This report is not suitable for scheduling, rather ad-hoc querying. To schedule a report, I would have had to figure out a way to pre-define the filters.
    Otherwise, the report is invoked but empty.

I am not actively working on this right now.
    Thanks for providing the feedback.

Lee Wei
  • choro
    choro
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-26T22:02:47Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hello,

I installed the report as specified but keep getting the "Loading..." and nothing happens.

We have WebReports installed on the E: not the C:, is this a problem?
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-26T22:10:18Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Choro,

It is possible that the JavaScript libraries are not expanded into the right location.
    The \ext directory goes under
    C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsServer\wwwroot\

You know the installation is correct if you can access files within the \ext folder by using using this URL:
    http://<server_name>:<web_reports_port>/ext/ext-all.js

On my system, it would be:
    http://corona:52312/ext/ext-all.js

You should see some copyright info for the JavaScript code.

Lee Wei
  • choro
    choro
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-26T22:23:26Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hello Lee,

I put the link in and replaced corona with our server and received the following info.

Looks like it is in the right place.

We are running BES v7.0.9.164 and have over 5k computers.

/*
    * Ext JS Library 3.0.0
    * Copyright(c) 2006-2009 Ext JS, LLC
    * licensing@extjs.com
    * http://www.extjs.com/license
    */
    Ext.DomHelper=function(){var s=null,j=/^(?:br|frame|hr|img|input|link|meta|range|spacer|wbr|area|param|col)$/i,l= ............. etc..
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-27T01:06:33Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Choro,

Next we should make sure that the report is not just slow.
    You should use a baseline with a few Fixlets, and a computer group with a few computers.
    This will make sure that the report is not just being slow.
    What browser are you using?
    Note that IE7/8 is slow, IE6 is too slow. If performance is our issue, do consider trying this in FireFox.

Lee Wei
  • choro
    choro
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-27T13:41:20Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Lee,

I'm getting the "Loading..." before I run the report.
    I go to "Reports", click on the report and get "Loading..." before i select anything.
    I've tried it on FireFox and have the same problem.
  • jonaserlundhammarback91
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-28T11:54:16Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Lee

I have two questions:
    1. Is it possible to exclude/hide fixlets and tasks in a report based on a Baseline? I have some administrative tasks in my baselines and these tasks are not relevant to show in a report.

2. I only get "Loading..." in the pdf when i create a pdf with "Export to pdf". Should i use the standard print function in Firefox instead?
    /Jonas
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-28T23:23:39Z  in response to Lee Wei
    For Choro,

I worked with Choro and we find that the report does not work with BigFix version 7.0.9.164.
    So I will update the requirements to indicate this, thanks Choro.

Lee Wei
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-28T23:35:34Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Jonas,

2. I am not familiar with the PDF export. I have to look into that at some point. So yes you are correct that please try the standard print function from within the browser. For each of the datagrid, you can also print the data.

1. Yes, it is possible for you to write Session Relevance to hone in on all the Fixlets in a baseline minus some.

• In the Content combo box, select the last item "Custom Relevance Expression". This allows you to write a query to pull any number of Fixlets.
    • The query we want can start by identifying the Baseline, then filter out the admin tasks. Here is an example.

source fixlets whose ( name of it does not contain 
    "Project" ) of components of component groups of bes fixlets whose ( baseline flag of it = 

true and name of it contains 
    "December 2009" )

In this case, "December 2009" identifies your original Baseline. "Project" is the word found in the admin tasks.

Lee Wei
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-29T06:56:03Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Lee

I tried to just cut and paste your code and replace "Project" and "December 2009" with my values, but I get this error message:

Error: The operator "operating system" is not defined.

The complete relevance statement is:
    unique values of (id of it as string & "||" & ("" & name of it & "") & "||" & (if (exists operating system of it) then (operating system of it) else ("Unknown")) & "||" & (if (exists ip addresses of it) then (concatenation ("
    ") of (ip addresses of it as string)) else (" ")) & "||" & ((year of it as string & "/" & month of it as two digits & "/" & day_of_month of it as two digits) of date(local time zone) of it & " "& (two digit hour of it as string & ":" & two digit minute of it as string & ":" & two digit second of it as string) of time (local time zone) of it) of last report time of it) of source fixlets whose ( name of it does not contain "Project" ) of components of component groups of bes fixlets whose ( baseline flag of it = true and name of it contains "December 2009" )

How should the code be if I also need to filter the computers in the report.
    I have a set of custom properties I would like to filter on, "Customer" and "Group"

BR
    Jonas
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-29T16:56:49Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Jonas,

Looks like you entered the Relevance into the "Computer Group" filter.
    You need to enter it in the "Content" filter instead on the left.
    The example statement is only for Fixlets.

To filter on the computers, you should create a Computer Group within the Console first. Then use the Computer Group in this report.

Lee Wei
  • Leigh91
    Leigh91
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-29T17:17:59Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Lee, clicked on the FixletComplianceByComputerGroup.besrpt link on the first post and receive the following message:

Important Information

Remaining screen is blank...no content, nadaa...

Report looks great, can't wait to get it up and running....
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-29T17:22:11Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Leigh,

You don't just click on the link. Rather, we need to download the file FixletComplianceByComputerGroup.besrpt, then create a report from it.

Create the report by going to the Web Reports Create section.
    Scroll to the bottom to find "Blank Report", click next, and paste the content of the FixletComplianceByComputerGroup.besrpt report file.
    Report name can be "Fixlet Compliance by Computer Group".

Let me know if you are having problems.

Lee Wei
  • Leigh91
    Leigh91
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-08T18:12:27Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Lee,

Still having a problem viewing the content of FixletComplianceByComputerGroup.besrpt - see attached

Rgds

Leigh
    Updated on 2011-12-08T18:12:27Z at 2011-12-08T18:12:27Z by Leigh91
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-02-04T15:05:16Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Leigh,

You cannot just click on the URL in the post to run the report, it has to be downloaded and loaded into WebReports.
    Your screen shot shows the report going to my web site, it has to be run from your Web Reports Server.
    You can follow these steps posted in the beginning to this thread.
    If you still have problem, you can send me a private message with your contact info and I am happy to walk you through the steps.

Lee Wei
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    890 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-02T16:56:52Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    - In the Content combo box, select the last item "Custom Relevance Expression". This allows you to write a query to pull any number of Fixlets.
    • The query we want can start by identifying the Baseline, then filter out the admin tasks. Here is an example.

source fixlets whose ( name of it does not contain 
    "Project" ) of components of component groups of bes fixlets whose ( baseline flag of it = 

true and name of it contains 
    "December 2009" )

In this case, "December 2009" identifies your original Baseline. "Project" is the word found in the admin tasks.

Lee Wei
    Lee,

I have been trying to incorporate the same logic within the report itself as we have a task that updates a global property we have called "Last Patch Date" in each of our patching baselines, so right now it shows "not compliant" where the task by itself should not be considered for the overall compliance against the baseline. The weird thing is that when I use "Custom Relevance Expression" and put the code in it works without an issue. When I put the code in fixlet_compliance.js it does not (see the portion of the file that I am modifying for it below - Type B). Is there something that I am missing? Thank you in advance.

if (type == 
    'B') 
    { fixletFilter = 
    '(source fixlets whose (name of it does not contain "MGTI - PROD - ALL - Update Last Patch Date") of components of component groups of bes fixlets whose (baseline flag of it = true and name of it = "' + contentName + 
    '"))'; 
    } 

else 

if (type == 
    'S') 
    { fixletFilter = 
    '(fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it = true) of bes sites whose (display name of it = "' + contentName + 
    '"))'; 
    } 

else 

if (type == 
    'C') 
    { fixletFilter = 
    '(bes fixlets whose (display name of site of it = "Patches for Windows (English)" and source severity of it as lowercase = "critical" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "corrupt patch" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "superseded"))'; 
    } 

else 

if (type == 
    'R') 
    { fixletFilter = textAreaFixlet.getValue(); 
    } 

else 

if (type == 
    'A') 
    { fixletFilter = 
    '(bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it = true and display name of site of it = "Patches for Windows (English)" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "corrupt patch" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "superseded" and source release date of it >= date "' + patchTuesdayCurrent + 
    '" and source release date of it <= date "' + patchTuesdayCurrentEnd + 
    '"))'; 
    } 

else 

if (type == 
    'D') 
    { fixletFilter = 
    '(bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it = true and display name of site of it = "Patches for Windows (English)" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "corrupt patch" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "superseded" and source release date of it >= date "' + patchTuesdayPrevious + 
    '" and source release date of it <= date "' + patchTuesdayPreviousEnd + 
    '"))'; 
    } 

else 

if (type == 
    'E') 
    { fixletFilter = 
    '(bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it = true and display name of site of it = "Patches for Windows (English)" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "corrupt patch" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "superseded" and source release date of it >= date "' + patchTuesdayPrevious2 + 
    '" and source release date of it <= date "' + patchTuesdayPrevious2End + 
    '"))'; 
    }

Updated on 2010-03-02T16:56:52Z at 2010-03-02T16:56:52Z by SystemAdmin
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-02T18:45:20Z  in response to Lee Wei
    ageorgiev,

The relevance statement that you modified looks correct.
    What is the error that you are getting?

If you run the statement below, are you getting the results expected?
    You can put "number of" or "names of" in front of you statement:

names of (source fixlets whose (name of it does not contain "MGTI - PROD - ALL - Update Last Patch Date") of components of component groups of bes fixlets whose (baseline flag of it = true and name of it = "December 2009"))

or

number of (source fixlets whose (name of it does not contain "MGTI - PROD - ALL - Update Last Patch Date") of components of component groups of bes fixlets whose (baseline flag of it = true and name of it = "December 2009"))

If you send me a private message, I would be happy to walk you through fixing this.

Lee Wei
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-03T05:00:22Z  in response to Lee Wei
    ageorgiev's issue update.

I worked with ageorgiev, and we found that the Firefox browser was caching the Javascript file he modified, causing the results to be unexpected.
    A proper refresh generates the correct output he expected.

Lee Wei
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-19T13:28:33Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Lee

I have implemented this in the report, and it's working just fine. But we have grouped our customer machines by custom settings called "Customer" and "Patch Group". How can I implement filtering on both the "Customer" and the "Patch Group" fields?

Would it be possible to add new drop down boxes for these fields?

I have also a question regarding the export to Excel. It's possible to hide columns in the report view, but this does not reflect what’s exported. All columns are always exported to the Excel file.
    Best Regards
    Jonas
  • MattBoyd
    MattBoyd
    77 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-19T14:22:53Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Lee, this is very cool. Is there any way to group by Fixlet instead of computer so that you can see a list of computers that are missing a specific fixlet?

I'm going to have to check out Ext-JS.
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-19T16:30:39Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi boyd,

Yes, you can Group By the different fields in the grid.
    Look for that little triangle control on the column headings.

Lee Wei

http://www.leewei.com/bigfix/prod/customreports/group_by_fixlets.jpg
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    890 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-19T15:46:33Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Lee

I am having the same issue as a previous post - How do we download the FixletComplianceByComputerGroup.besrpt file?
    I click on the link in your 1st post next to the zip file but it just goes out to your site & sits there loading.
    Where should we click to download the file?
    Thanks
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-19T16:11:31Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Deano,

How to download the report file will depend on the browser.
    On Windows and on FireFox, you right-click then "Save Link As..."
    On Internet Explorer, right-click then "Save Target As...". Note that IE changes the extension to .htm, which is OK.

I see you private message and I will send the file to you as well.

Lee Wei
  • balaji.ranganathan91
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-20T11:01:02Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Lee Wei ,

I tried downloading the two files ext_js_lib.zip and FixletComplianceByComputerGroup.besrpt, but i couldnt.We also have a similar requirement for generating report which has list of cpmputers with patches linstalled on them and the remediated date as wel.. so it would be really helpful if you can provide me the actual files.
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-20T14:50:28Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Balaji,

Please let us know the symptom or error that you are seeing.
    I will send the files to your email address in any case.

Lee Wei
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-05-05T19:40:42Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi everyone,

My colleague Mark Cade helped me tracked down a bug today.
    The symptom is that for Custom Sites, the report comes up empty.
    This is not good, so I fixed it right away.

If you go back to the first post, you can find the fixlet_compliance.js javascript file that needs to be replaced.
    http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?pid=17524#p17524

Lee Wei
  • Tiffy91
    Tiffy91
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-05-07T08:44:24Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Lee Wei,

I have sent an email to you about to request the same custom report but it filter by Analysis list rather than Fixlets.
    It's alot related to the properties compliance rate that happen in my environment now.
    Appreciate can get respond from you on this enhancement.

thank you.
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-05-07T14:19:25Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Tiffy,

I will take a look at your enhancement and reply to the private message.
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-05-16T04:34:32Z  in response to Lee Wei
    I have heard this request a few times, so I have added the ability to multi-select both the Content and Computer Group filter lists.
    Technically, the results are being UNIONed together.

Go back to the first post to download and replace the entire package.
    Since I am using new directory structure, it will not replace the current installation.
    http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?pid=17524#p17524

Lee Wei

http://www.leewei.com/bigfix/prod/forum_images/fixlet_compliance_multiselect.png
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    890 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-05-17T20:46:22Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Lee,

Let me say again how incredibly useful these reports are to us. You've done an amazing job. Now that I've buttered you up....

Is there any way to either:
    A: Store the results of a report OR Add a "Date" field to the report so we can pick a point in time to run the report against (right now it is just real time from when you run the report).
    B: Get a "Reported In" filter to weed out the old machines that have not yet been pruned from the database,

John
    Updated on 2010-05-17T20:46:22Z at 2010-05-17T20:46:22Z by SystemAdmin
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-05-19T21:35:30Z  in response to Lee Wei
    jspanitz
    A: Store the results of a report OR Add a "Date" field to the report so we can pick a point in time to run the report against (right now it is just real time from when you run the report).
    Normally we would use the Schedule feature in Web Reports to run a report. However, since this one uses JavaScript, Schedule does not work. So the only way would be to run, then export via Excel and store the data.

jspanitz
    B: Get a "Reported In" filter to weed out the old machines that have not yet been pruned from the database,
    This will be possible if I make the multi-select list either ANDs or ORs. Right now, the selections are OR.
    If we can AND the selections, you can first choose the computer groups, then add a session relevance to filter those who have reported in within a given timeframe.

Lee Wei
  • tscott91
    tscott91
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-09T15:55:52Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Can someone give me the custom relevance to return computers that have reported back a status within the past X days / hours?

Why I want this is because I want to find all the computers that I can patch at the time I run the report.. A lot of computers that are at the top of my list are ones that haven't been powered on in a long time and don't have WOL so I can't remediate them.

Thanks!

LOL, Sorry I'm an idiot! If I would have just thread the last two posts I wouldn't have needed to even type that all out.. Just put an "I agree!"..

:D
    Updated on 2010-07-09T15:55:52Z at 2010-07-09T15:55:52Z by tscott91
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-09T22:42:09Z  in response to Lee Wei
    tscott,

This is the relevance example to pull computers who have checked in (last report time) within a certain timeframe.

bes computers whose (now - last report time of it < 7*day)

bes computers whose (now - last report time of it < 24*hour)

Lee Wei
  • tscott91
    tscott91
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-09T23:00:14Z  in response to Lee Wei
    You friggin ROCK Lee! Thanks! I use this report more than any other!

Tom
  • tscott91
    tscott91
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-10T10:53:40Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Lee, one more question.. How do I add to not display "Locked" computers?

So... bes computers whose (now - last report time of it < 24*hour) AND Locked = No but that don't work..

Also, what guide do I need to read over to see how to do all this? I looked at the bigfix relevance language (http://support.bigfix.com/fixlet/documents/BES_Relevance_Language_Reference_60_2006-11-03.pdf) but that didn't show me the variables that could be used.

Thanks again!
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-10T16:12:57Z  in response to Lee Wei
    tscott,

The relevance is:

bes computers whose (now - last report time of it < 24*hour and locked flag of it = 

false)

There are 2 parts to learning the relevance language. You have the correct one to learn the language construct.
    You should then use the Session Inspector help file to browse the available properties for the objects.
    http://support.bigfix.com/fixlet/documents/Session_Inspector_Help.chm
    This is found in the Fixlet help page: http://support.bigfix.com/fixlet/

Lee Wei
  • tscott91
    tscott91
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-12T14:11:14Z  in response to Lee Wei
    This doesn't return unlocked computers.. When I run it with just the locked code:

bes computer whose (locked flag of it = false)

I get: Error: Singular expression refers to non-unique object.
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-12T14:43:27Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Since there are probably more than one computer, we need the plural form for BES Computer.

bes computercolor=reds[/color] whose (locked flag of it = false)
  • tscott91
    tscott91
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-12T15:01:11Z  in response to Lee Wei
    I try the following and it's loading all computers..

bes computers whose (locked flag of it = false)

I try: bes computers whose (locked flag of it = true) and it brings up zero computers.
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-12T21:31:47Z  in response to Lee Wei
    tscott,

Looks like we should investigate this outside of this specific report.
    The results above are not necessary wrong.

You can use the Relevance Tester within Web Reports by using the following link:
    http://webreports_server:port_number/webreports?page=QNA

You can then try:
    number of bes computers whose (locked flag of it = false)
    number of bes computers whose (locked flag of it = true)

Also, it will be helpful to verify the computers from the BigFix Console.
    Are you seeing the correct number of locked computers?

Lee Wei
  • herrm91
    herrm91
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-16T12:47:22Z  in response to Lee Wei
    This is a great report.

Is there a way to retrieve all of the data from the Outstanding Fixlets Grid, not just the 1000 item max that is currently set? I'd like to try to export all the data to avoid having to generate numerous reports and then combine them.

Thanks
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-16T14:27:20Z  in response to Lee Wei
    herrm,

The report is contained in the file fixlet_compliance.js.
    On line 39 in the most current version, you can change the number of lines to be displayed per the following.

var diplayedRelevantFixlets = 1000;

Lee Wei
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-05T23:08:01Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Added the additional Content (Fixlet) filters created by Mark Macherey to the report, now at version 1.6.
    http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=5393

Please see the first post to download and update.

Lee Wei
  • cstoneba
    cstoneba
    182 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-27T13:49:52Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Lee, I am trying to use custom relevance statement for the computer group wthin this report ( (name of it) of bes computers whose (value of results (bes property "SBU",it) contains "TOC")
    ), but it errors with the message below. Withi this session relevance statment, i am able to get computers back within the BigFix Session Relevance Tester so I know the results are good.

Error: The operator "id" is not defined.

Statement:
    unique values of (id of it as string & "||" & (" ") of (ip addresses of it as string)) else (" ")) & "||" & ((year of it as string & "/" & month of it as two digits & "/" & day_of_month of it as two digits) of date(local time zone) of it & " "& (two digit hour of it as string & ":" & two digit minute of it as string & ":" & two digit second of it as string) of time (local time zone) of it) of last report time of it) of elements of unions of ((sets of (name of it) of bes computers whose (value of results (bes property "SBU",it) contains "TOC")))
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-27T14:40:38Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Chris,

The "Edit Custom Relevance" field expects BES Computer objects, not the Name.
    So you are very close.

((name of it) of bes computers whose (value of results (bes property 
    "SBU" , it) contains 
    "TOC"))

should be,

(bes computers whose (value of results (bes property 
    "SBU" , it) contains 
    "TOC"))

Lee Wei
  • cstoneba
    cstoneba
    182 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-27T14:53:26Z  in response to Lee Wei
    yup, that did it. Thanks Lee
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    890 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-08T18:12:28Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Lee

Is there any issues with this report & version 8 for RHEL 5?

Since the upgrade to version 8 you can see that from week 4 there are suddenly more Fixlets available and more worryingly it is showing no patches have been applied. Can you think of a reason for this?

The subscribed sites have been changed as the site Patches for Redhat Enterprise Linux has been superseded & instead RHEL 3, 4 & 5 have been enabled. All 23 machines are RHEL 5

As you can see from the report there are still the same number of machines reporting in (23) Could changing the subscribed site loose the installed patch info?

Thanks

Dean
    Updated on 2011-12-08T18:12:28Z at 2011-12-08T18:12:28Z by SystemAdmin
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-01T01:39:47Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Dean,

I don't recognize the screenshot as from this report.
    In any case, the report is independent of the content. You should investigate the data for your Red Hat site separately, probably using the BigFix Console.

Lee Wei
  • tscott91
    tscott91
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-02T14:18:16Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Is there a way to not include "hidden" fixlets? There are certain things we can't patch for certain reasons (Java for example) so I globally hide those. I don't want my report to show those are needed because we can't patch it so it skews my numbers.

Thanks!

This is by far my favorite report that I use the most!
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-03T02:53:34Z  in response to Lee Wei
    tscott,

Yes, it is possible to filter the Fixlets only for those visible and exclude the hidden ones. There are Global and Local flags known respectively as "Globally Visible Flag" and "Locally Visible Flag".
    Until and unless I modify the JavaScript source located below, you will have to modify the file yourself.
    \BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsServer\wwwroot\ext-3.2.0\fixlet_compliance.js

There are many places to make the change, here is an example code fragment, and what to edit:

Original code fragment for all Critical Fixlets for MS patches:
    (sets of bes fixlets whose (display name of site of it = "Patches for Windows (English)" and source severity of it as lowercase = "critical" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "corrupt patch" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "superseded"))

Change to:
    (sets of bes fixlets whose (color=redglobally visible flag of it = true and [/color]display name of site of it = "Patches for Windows (English)" and source severity of it as lowercase = "critical" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "corrupt patch" and name of it as lowercase does not contain "superseded"))

Lee Wei
  • ksonic91
    ksonic91
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-12T22:07:15Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Hi Lee,

When I added a filter for Content > Source Release Date, I no longer see any other Computer group beside "All computer", All Windows Computers, and Custom Relevance Expression.
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-13T02:26:30Z  in response to Lee Wei
    ksonic,

Sorry I did not get the symptom of the problem.
    Can you please elaborate. What did you put into the textfield for Content?
    "Source Release Date" would have been an incorrect statement. We need to write a Session Relevance statement that returns one or more Fixlets.

Please feel free to send me a private message as well.

Lee Wei
  • tharryman91
    tharryman91
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-16T20:37:49Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Lee;

This is a most excellent report, and I use it often. I have requests to provide the results to others, and I would prefer to do this automagically instead of logging in and exporting the report through some fashion.

I saw in an earlier post how this is not possible to be scheduled because it uses Javascript. Is there any other way of getting this exported as an HTML via email?

Thanks for this.
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-16T21:03:28Z  in response to Lee Wei
    tharryman,

Thanks for the feedback about the need for emailing.
    Sounds like at best this is inconvenient.
    The report also requires user interaction at the moment, which is also why it cannot be generated automatically.
    This will involve rewriting and re-architecting in the future.

Lee Wei
  • cstoneba
    cstoneba
    182 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-17T14:42:40Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Lee, any way to change this report to use either Groups or Retreived Property values when selecting computer targets? We don't really use computer groups because the properties that would define the groups are always an optoin in the console, and it would be nice to just use the same method in this report.
  • Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    598 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-17T15:25:49Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Chris,

Right now it is possible by choosing the "Custom Relevance Expression" option for Computer Groups.
    It is not convenient, but a possible workaround.

Here is an example of a relevance:

computers of results whose (value of it as lowercase contains "aix") of bes properties whose (name of it as lowercase contains "os")
    bes computers whose (now - last report time of it < 7*day)
    What you suggest is possible, but I will have to rewrite the user interface.

Lee Wei
  • GBarrett
    GBarrett
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-22T22:39:55Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Is this report compatible with version 8.2.1093?
    • Lee Wei
      Lee Wei
      598 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-23T00:12:54Z  in response to GBarrett
      "Is this report compatible with version 8.2.x?"
      Yes and no. Yes the report will run, but no, it is not usable because it has become very slow.
      Engineering changed Web Reports to reduce memory footprint.
      Unfortunately in the process, some needed data is not cached and requires retrieval from the backend database.

Engineering is considering reverting to the old behavior for use cases such as this one.

Lee Wei
  • F6D8_Nate_Marks
    F6D8_Nate_Marks
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-23T17:05:11Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Would it be an easy thing to reduce this report to two reports that just create the tables using hardcoded values for filter, baseline and computer group? I'd like to do that so I can automatically mail the CSVs out to various people. Has it been done? Any tips? Thanks!
    • Lee Wei
      Lee Wei
      598 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-23T17:36:24Z  in response to F6D8_Nate_Marks
      Nate,

What you want to do makes sense. It would be great to be able to email the reports automatically.
      I will have to put this down on my wish list. Not something trivial to modify in the current report.

Lee Wei
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    890 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-02T18:01:37Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Sorry to bring back a very old post...

This report work great! I am having problems using the custom relevance expression option in the report. When I enter in a statement, which returns the desired reults in presentation debugger, I recieve an error from the report "The operator "applicable computers" is not defined." Can anyone help me here?

I would like to return fixlets based on their category aswell as the severity

See the attached screenshot for more details.
    • Lee Wei
      Lee Wei
      598 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-02T18:26:01Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Matt,

It is the report's fault that it is not clear as to what is required.

Your statement is correct, but the report is expecting Fixlet objects rather than names.

So just change to:

relevant fixlets whose (category of it as lowercase contains 
      "security hotfix") of bes computers

Lee Wei
      • MBARTOSH
        MBARTOSH
        12 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-08T00:26:22Z  in response to Lee Wei

Lee Wei

We would like to see just security hotfixes.  I used the statement above, and I am not sure it worked because the Category column lists "Unspecified".  It seems that the category always returns "Unspecified".

• Lee Wei
          Lee Wei
          598 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-08T20:52:05Z  in response to MBARTOSH

Looks like a bug in the report code.

The results are correct though, but the Category values are not returned correctly.

You can fix it by editing the JavaScript report file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsServer\wwwroot\ext-3.2.0\fixlet_compliance.js

Around line 632, use the following statement that has been corrected:

var relevance = 'unique values of (id of item 0 of it as string & "||" & name of item 0 of it & "||" & item 1 of it & "||" & item 2 of it & "||" & item 3 of it & "||" & item 4 of it & "||" & item 5 of it & "||" & item 6 of it & "||" & item 7 of it) of (applicable computers whose (exists name of it) of it, ("<A name=%22" & name of it & "%22 href=%22" & link href of it & "%22 target=%22_blank%22>" & name of it & "</A>"), (if (exists source severity of it) then ( if (source severity of it as lowercase contains "<unspecified>" or source severity of it as lowercase contains "<n/a>") then ("Unspecified") else (source severity of it) ) else ("Unspecified")), (if (exists source release date of it ) then ((year of it as string & "-" & month of it as two digits as string & "-" & day_of_month of it as two digits as string) of source release date of it as string) else "1000-01-01"), (if (exists category of it) then (if (category of it as lowercase contains "<unspecified>") then ("Unspecified") else (category of it as string) ) else ("Unknown")), (if (exists download size of it) then ((download size of it) as string) else ("0")),display name of site of it, applicable computer count of it as string) of ' + fixletFilter;

The change is specifically the following fragment:

if (category of it as lowercase contains "<unspecified>") then ("Unspecified") else (category of it as string) ) else ("Unknown")

• MBARTOSH
            MBARTOSH
            12 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-08T23:19:12Z  in response to Lee Wei

I was able to see the category when using Mozilla but not IE.  However, using the filter below, there were still categories listed that were not security hot fixes.

relevant fixlets whose (category of it as lowercase contains
            Security hotfix") of bes computers

Also when using Mozilla, the graph of the top 15 most vulnerable computers does not appear.  It does with IE. 

• Lee Wei
              Lee Wei
              598 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-09T01:46:55Z  in response to MBARTOSH

Sounds like we have 2 different issues.

- If you are seeing Fixlets that are not "Security hotfix" using this Relevance statement, that would be strange. Is it possible that you checked off additional boxes which will cause the statements to be ANDed together.

- The chart is displayed using a Flash component, so if you don't see it in Mozilla, we can check the Flash component. Also check the Web Console for any errors that might have been generated.

Lee Wei

• MBARTOSH
                MBARTOSH
                12 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-09T17:16:51Z  in response to Lee Wei

Why does the following statement fail in the session relevance tester, but seems to work for the compliance report?  The error is in the session relevance tester is: the operator "string" is not defined. 

relevant fixlets whose (category of it as lowercase contains "security hotfix") of bes computers

I would like to modify the statement to include the source severity, but I can't get by this error.  Would this statement be correct?

relevant fixlets whose (Category of it as lowercase contains "security hotfix") and whose (Source Severity of it as lowercase = "critical" or "important) of bes computers

• Lee Wei
                  Lee Wei
                  598 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-09T23:21:19Z  in response to MBARTOSH

The statement that you want should look like this:

relevant fixlets
                  whose (
                      category of it as lowercase contains "security hotfix" and
                      (source severity of it as lowercase = "critical" or
                      source severity of it as lowercase = "important")
                  ) of bes computers

Return types for the statements are important. The compliance report expects "Fixlets" as return type, so the statement above will work correctly.

In the Session Relevance Editor, it does not know how to print out a "Fixlet" object by default, so you need to explicitly ask for an attribute of the Fixlet object, such as Name, ID, Source Release Date, and etc.

This will work from the Session Relevance Editor as an example:

(name of it, id of it, name of site of it) of relevant fixlets
                  whose (
                      category of it as lowercase contains "security hotfix" and
                      (source severity of it as lowercase = "critical" or
                      source severity of it as lowercase = "important")
                  ) of bes computers

Lee Wei

• PFX4_Nancy_Laviolette
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-06T14:54:44Z  in response to Lee Wei
    Please HELP:

Running the report manually works as expected.

However, I am trying to schedule this report to send me an email with the output. When I do the email only contains the following when set to HTML output:

Important Information

And if I set it to CSV I get an attachment that contains the following:
    <!--
    Fixlet Compliance by Computer Group
    Created by lee_wei@bigfix.com
    last update: August 5th, 2010
    Version 1.6
    See BigFix forum post for additional information
    http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=4307
    -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/ext-3.2.0/adapter/ext/ext-base.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/ext-3.2.0/ext-all.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/ext-3.2.0/ux/data/PagingStore.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/ext-3.2.0/ux/window/MessageWindow.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/ext-3.2.0/print/Printer-all.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/ext-3.2.0/ux/exporter/Exporter-all.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/ext-3.2.0/AC_OETags.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/ext-3.2.0/ux/form/Ext.ux.form.CheckboxCombo.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/ext-3.2.0/fixlet_compliance.js"></script>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/ext-3.2.0/ux/form/Ext.ux.form.CheckboxCombo.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/ext-3.2.0/resources/css/ext-all.css">
    <body>
    Important Information
    <table width="1000px" border="0">
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">
    </td>
    <td valign="top">
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </body>
    • Lee Wei
      Lee Wei
      598 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-06T16:59:30Z  in response to PFX4_Nancy_Laviolette
      Nancy,

This report is written in JavaScript with user interaction.
      I am sorry that this report cannot be scheduled for email.

Lee Wei
  • jspanitz
    jspanitz
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-15T20:03:03Z  in response to Lee Wei

Any chance these will be updated to work in TEM 9.x

• Lee Wei
      Lee Wei
      598 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-17T01:41:37Z  in response to jspanitz

Hi John,

The report works in 9.x, and I just tested on 9.0.586.

What errors are you getting?

Lee Wei

Updated on 2013-05-22T03:14:53Z at 2013-05-22T03:14:53Z by Lee Wei
      • jspanitz
        jspanitz
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-21T15:39:39Z  in response to Lee Wei

We were hoping the Export to Excel would be enhanced to work with IE.

• Lee Wei
          Lee Wei
          598 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-22T03:14:58Z  in response to jspanitz

Sorry that the technique that I use to export data on the client-side does not work on IE.

Server-side exports to PDF, Excel is much easier, but this application is client-side only, hence the limitations.

• VipulSri
    VipulSri
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-05T09:32:44Z  in response to Lee Wei

Hello Lee,

Thanks for the wonderful Custom report. I tried it in my DEV environment and it worked for the first time and then I think i messed it up by making some changes to session relevance by using the edit relevance button and now I am not able to get this working again.

I tried to remove the folder and the reports and then redo it, still with no luck. I am attaching the error I am getting.

Any help will be appreciated.

Also I have a request...if you get time. i need a custom report which takes two properties that I have created. one is for the "agent install date" and then other one is for the "region". I am trying to create a bar chart which should be dynamic in nature and gives me the number of agent installed (Y-axis) for a particular Region (X-axis) on a particular date.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Vipul

Attachments

• Lee Wei 2
      Lee Wei 2
      10 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-05T20:39:29Z  in response to VipulSri

Vipul,

Base on the error, it looks like you have checked both "All Microsoft Critical Fixlets" AND the "Custom Relevance Expression".

So the 2 filters are being combined together. However, you have no entered anything for Custom Relevance Expression.

Try Unchecking Custom Relevance, which is at the bottom of the drop list, and run again.

Lee Wei

• VipulSri
        VipulSri
        6 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-10T13:15:55Z  in response to Lee Wei 2

Thanks a lot Lee, It is woking now and it is really amazing.

Also, any help for my second request for the custom web report???

Vipul

• Lee Wei
          Lee Wei
          598 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-11T02:35:26Z  in response to VipulSri

Hello Vipul,

Yes it is not easy to create a chart, because we will have to do it by hand.

One suggestion is to use the Excel Connector to export the data that you need, and do the bar chart within Excel.

Lee Wei

• VipulSri
            VipulSri
            6 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-11T10:35:58Z  in response to Lee Wei

Thanks Lee,

No worries. Thanks for looking into this.

Cheers!!

• cstoneba
    cstoneba
    182 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-25T14:55:46Z  in response to Lee Wei

hi lee, i'm running the most recent version of this report and found something interesting. From the Content drop down, i'm selecting a 4 baselines from a custom site. When I run the report, the section in the middle isn't showing the cumulative values of remediated fixlets for a server across all the selected baselines , and the name of the section isn't all the baseline I selected, just one. Have you seen this before?

• Lee Wei
      Lee Wei
      598 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-25T17:16:59Z  in response to cstoneba

Sorry I cannot picture the issue, maybe screen shots might help?

• cstoneba
        cstoneba
        182 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-25T17:27:57Z  in response to Lee Wei

see attachment.  I selected 4 baselines from the Content dropdown, but only 1 of those (the win2012 baseline) shows in the compliance section. Additionally, the fixlet columns results on the right (applicable fixlets, installed fixlets, outstanding fixlets) would have never ran on the win2012 baseline because the 3 endpoints are WIn2008 (which was a baseline I did also select from the dropdown).

hopefully that is more clear.

Attachments

• Lee Wei
          Lee Wei
          598 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-25T20:43:08Z  in response to cstoneba

From what I am seeing, the report is working correctly, but did not label the grid correctly. It is just picking up the name of the multiple selected options. It would be better to say something like "Multiple content groups selected".

I see in your picture that there are some stray text at the top of the report that says "Fixlet Compliance by Computer Group...".

That is due to importing the .besrpt file as HTML. It should be imported as XML.

Lee Wei

• cstoneba
            cstoneba
            182 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-28T14:12:04Z  in response to Lee Wei

Hi lee, what's the difference between the "Applicable Fixlets" column and the "Outstanding Fixlets" column? I think that's the cause of my confusion.

• Lee Wei
              Lee Wei
              598 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-28T16:08:08Z  in response to cstoneba

(Applicable = Installed + Outstanding).

A Mac OS X patch for example, will not be applicable to Windows systems.

So there is a checkbox to "Hide Computers with 0 Applicable Fixlets". The idea is that if I were to look at Patches for Mac OS X, I don't want to see computers that are not Mac.

Lee Wei

• cstoneba
                cstoneba
                182 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-29T16:07:58Z  in response to Lee Wei

hi Lee, is there a way for you to contact me directly so we can work through this?

• Lee Wei
                  Lee Wei
                  598 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-29T19:10:36Z  in response to cstoneba

Hi Chris,

My personal email is leewei at leewei dot com.

Lee Wei

• dmoore21
    dmoore21
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-31T18:03:14Z  in response to Lee Wei

Lee,

For some reason, I cannot see any of the pie charts or tables on the report when I generate the results in Firefox... Any suggestions?

• Lee Wei
      Lee Wei
      598 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-05T19:11:43Z  in response to dmoore21

Maybe a screenshot might help me see the problem that you are encountering.

If you are using FireFox, there is a menu Tools --> Web Developer --> Web Console

that will show any errors from the report. That might give us more information about the problem.

Lee Wei

• dmoore21
    dmoore21
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-05T15:01:03Z  in response to Lee Wei

Lee,

Another question for you...

Is it possible to expand the number of results that are displayed (and exported) by this report?

• Lee Wei
      Lee Wei
      598 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-05T19:10:00Z  in response to dmoore21

On line 39 of this file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsServer\wwwroot\ext-3.2.0\fixlet_compliance.js

var diplayedRelevantFixlets = 1000;

I believe you can change the "displayRelevantFixlets" variable to a higher number than the current limit of 1000.

My idea was to use the report as a dashboard for high level compliance information, but not to print out thousands of records. Of course, it is also because too much data makes the report run very slowly.

• dmoore21
        dmoore21
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-06T13:43:14Z  in response to Lee Wei

I understand the intent, but in my case, I have 84 fixlets and 119 nodes for a particular report... So I wind up with 3400 results.

Anyway, I had tried editing that line and changing the value to 4000... but it didn't work.  It wasn't until I started using the Firefox developer tools to examine the script script from the browser that I realized I was continually using an old cached version.  After I cleared my history, that cleared it all up.

Thanks Lee!

• dmoore21
    dmoore21
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-13T19:50:47Z  in response to Lee Wei

Lee,

Another question for you - is it possible to suppress fixlets that are hidden in the console from showing up in the reports?

• Lee Wei
      Lee Wei
      598 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-15T00:48:08Z  in response to dmoore21

Looks like I have omitted the filter to show only those not hidden. Here is what you can do.

- Ensure that the Fixlets are Globally Hidden.

- Edit the JavaScript file for the report to add the statement (globally visible flag of it = true).

The file is located somewhere like this:

In my version of the file, the statements start around line 590. When you see "bes fixlets whose(", you would add the condition above.

Let me know if this does not make sense.

Lee Wei

• GURVINDER-SINGH
    GURVINDER-SINGH
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-12T17:39:46Z  in response to Lee Wei

Wanted to confirm if the 15 Most Outstanding/Vulnerable Fixlets in this report are reporting numbers based on current filters or all the clients.

For example in the attached screenshots there are only 1767 clients in the group with the report but the fixlets show installed on 9000 machines.

If that's the case then we can only rely on the Compliance Summary Chart but not the 15 Most Outstanding Fixlets chart.

Thanks,

Gurvinder

• Lee Wei 2
      Lee Wei 2
      10 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-12T19:07:18Z  in response to GURVINDER-SINGH

Gurvinder,

I think it is because we have the "Group MS Patches" checked.

MS13-081 as a bulletin is made up of many Fixlets, so the report is totaling all the computers for the member Fixlets.

Lee Wei

• GURVINDER-SINGH
        GURVINDER-SINGH
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-12T19:31:39Z  in response to Lee Wei 2

Thanks a lot Lee. That did the trick.

We need to run 12 versions of the report every month post Patch Tuesday and was wondering if I need to take a stab at making it automated with correct filters applied already instead of the drop downs in the Javascript user generated drop downs how do you suggest I start on creating it (Excel Connector/SOAP/ Another version of web reports)?

Thanks,

Gurvinder Singh

• Lee Wei
          Lee Wei
          598 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-12T19:54:00Z  in response to GURVINDER-SINGH

I guess it depends on how familiar you are with the other technologies like SOAP.

I would certainly start with the JavaScript source already included with the report to see if you can modify to kick off the report upon entry, rather than needing to select the options then generate.

Good luck and sorry that I did not design this for automation.

Lee Wei

• GURVINDER-SINGH
            GURVINDER-SINGH
            3 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-12T20:06:40Z  in response to Lee Wei

NP Lee, 

I appreciate the report, when designing such things you never know how it takes a life of its own. If I manage to get this working I will definitely post it.

Gurvinder Singh

• Sagar_v_D
    Sagar_v_D
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-27T07:58:39Z  in response to Lee Wei

Hi Lee Wei,

Can we customize this report in such way If applicable fixlets are 0 then compliance should be shown as 100% and pie chart is showing compliance % by fixlets can it would be compliance % by computers.

Regards,

Sagar D.

• Lee Wei
      Lee Wei
      598 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-28T07:20:25Z  in response to Sagar_v_D

Hmm,

I thought it is already showing 100% compliance if the applicable Fixlets are 0.

I looked at the source JavaScript at the following location:

Around line 961, I see:

if (totalApplicableFixlets == 0) {
                  compliancePercentage = 100;
              } else {
                  compliancePercentage = (parseFloat(totalInstalledFixlets) / parseFloat(totalApplicableFixlets) * 100).toFixed(2);
              }

I did not get the 2nd part of your question.

Lee Wei

• Sagar_v_D
        Sagar_v_D
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-29T08:06:28Z  in response to Lee Wei

Thanks,  Lee Wei

After modification in script  0 applicable Fixlets part  worked fine.

My second request is in report PIE chart show total fixlet compliance that is installed and outstanding . I want to modify it  with total compliance by computers that is 100% compliance and less than 100% compliance .

Regards,

Sagar D

• Lee Wei
          Lee Wei
          598 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-29T09:17:27Z  in response to Sagar_v_D

Hi Sagar,

With the source code for the report provided, it is possible to modify the report, but you'd have to know JavaScript and parse through my spaghetti. :)

Lee Wei

• Doood
      Doood
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-10T18:11:15Z  in response to Sagar_v_D

I have the same issue... perhaps I'm looking for a different report...  I'd also like to be able to reference a baseline and a group... and have hosts not applicable appear as 100%...  It's compliant with all of the components of the baseline regardless of how the patch (or whatever) got installed.  This is similar to how the reports work in security and compliance...  Have you been able to find any web reports that do this?  Right now this report seems to only work if you had TEM install every component....

• ringelr91
    ringelr91
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-21T01:00:19Z  in response to Lee Wei

I have a problem that just started up a day or so ago.  There are no longer any values in the Computer Group Droplist Filter.  I tried resetting the Web Reports Services and also rebooting the server but neither has had any effect on the report.  I am still unable to select any groups for analysys.  Is there anything else I can do?  This same problem exists for the report Fixlet Compliance by Content v1.1 on my server.

• Lee Wei
      Lee Wei
      598 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-21T02:22:54Z  in response to ringelr91

If I were to guess, one of the names of the groups might have some characters that are not being handled properly.

This is the statement that is issued against the server to retrieve and build the droplist.

("All Computers (" & it as string & ")") of number of bes computers; ("All Windows Computers (" & it as string & ")") of number of bes computers whose (operating system of it as lowercase contains "win"); unique values of (name of it & " (" & size of member sets of it as string & ")") of bes computer groups ; "Custom Relevance Expression (0)"

Run it in the TEM Console under menu Debug/Presentation Debugger. If you don't see the Debug menu, press Ctrl-Alt-Shift-D then check the "Show Debug Menu" box.

On my computer, I get the following.

All Computers (22)
      All Windows Computers (10)
      Bluthner (10)
      Clifden Site (13)
      Huff Building (3)
      SWD App Group bfclientcli (13)
      Test Lab (9)
      Custom Relevance Expression (0)

This might give us a clue with regards to the problem.

You can also use the browser debug console to see what errors might have been encountered by the JavaScript.

If anything I mentioned does not make sense, please let me know and I see help further.

Lee Wei

• ringelr91
        ringelr91
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-21T15:10:48Z  in response to Lee Wei

I ran the debugger as you suggested and it comes back clean with no errors.  I am open for any other suggestions.

Rick

• ringelr91
        ringelr91
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-25T01:17:16Z  in response to Lee Wei

Lee,

I could use any suggestions you can offer at this point.

Rick

• Lee Wei
          Lee Wei
          598 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-25T04:09:26Z  in response to ringelr91

When you ran the Relevance Statement above, what did you get as the output?

• ringelr91
            ringelr91
            4 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-25T15:24:39Z  in response to Lee Wei

Lee,

Just like in your example, I got a complete listing of all of the groups that I have and there were no errors associated with any of them and there were no issues of any kind reported by the debugger.

Rick

• Lee Wei
              Lee Wei
              598 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-27T20:35:01Z  in response to ringelr91

Looks like something went wrong between when the data was returned from the Server with a list of computer groups, and when the data is populated into the droplist.

The source code is in the following file. Looks like around line 465.

• nagaraj.s
    nagaraj.s
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-28T07:18:02Z  in response to Lee Wei

hi

how to create a sub group in tivoli endpoint manager console

please help me and send the screen shorts for my email id

• Lee Wei
      Lee Wei
      598 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-03-03T17:28:15Z  in response to nagaraj.s

Nagaraj,

Can you please ask the question on Console usage in a different forum and thread?

Thank you for doing that.

Lee Wei

• shakish
    shakish
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Fixlet Compliance by Computer Group - Error while running on RHEL 5 Native tools patches

‏2014-02-28T14:03:55Z  in response to Lee Wei

Hello Lee,

We are trying to run the report for compliance on our 2,  RHEL 5.8 servers agaist the RHEL 5 Native tools patches. We do get the attached error message.

We do get the compliance report fine on RHEL 6 patchs....

Your help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Warm regards,

Shakish TM

Attachments

• Lee Wei
      Lee Wei
      598 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Fixlet Compliance by Computer Group - Error while running on RHEL 5 Native tools patches

‏2014-03-03T17:26:57Z  in response to shakish

Hmm, I don't see an error in the attached picture.

Can you please see if there are any errors in the browser JavaScript console?

Lee Wei

• shakish
        shakish
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Fixlet Compliance by Computer Group - Error while running on RHEL 5 Native tools patches

‏2014-03-10T10:18:06Z  in response to Lee Wei

Hi Lee,

I don't see any errors as such in the java console.  Infact I am getting the output with RHEL 6 and other OS. Issue is only with RHEL 5.

I tried on IE, Chrome, Firefox, I even tried on different systems / servers, still the same issue.

Is there anyway I could show you the issue over screen share and have a contact with you?

Warm regards,

Shakish TM

Updated on 2014-03-12T11:16:59Z at 2014-03-12T11:16:59Z by shakish
  • MikeBrewer
    MikeBrewer
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-04-07T16:37:18Z  in response to Lee Wei

I  am having an issue with this report showing the correct compliance of VMview machines. The way we patch our VMview Desktops are as follows. There is a set of master templates that we patch once we get ISRC (our compliance and securty group) approval we then take a snapshot of the VMware Machines then go into to VMview Control Panel and tell tel desktops to use that snapshot versus the old snapshot we then refresh the 150ish machines in VMwiew Control Panel and all those machines get the patching cycle. Now for the reason I am on here asking for help. Once that is done those 150ish machines now report as 5 Total Patches, 0 Installed Patches, 5 Missing Patches and a 0.00% Compliancy. 

• Fcruson
    Fcruson
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-07-23T21:41:23Z  in response to Lee Wei

Hi Lee, 

We use this report all the time, it's great. 

Do you know if anyone has added the column for Computer Groups to the results in the "Compliance for..." grid and published it as a new report? I am getting requests for multiple groups compliance and if I could sort the results be Computer Groups that I used in the Filter that would save allot of time. I do not know any Java though. 

Frank Cruson

• Lee Wei
      Lee Wei
      598 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-07-23T22:32:09Z  in response to Fcruson

Hi Frank,

I can't think of an easy way to do this.

We have 2 areas to work on.

Firstly, the report needs to be modified manually to add a column, and it is written in JavaScript, so we need someone familiar with that to make changes.

Secondly, you want to add a attribute of "Computer Group" to a computer. What happens if a Computer belongs to more than one Group? That makes it difficult to sort by the Group column.

Lee Wei

• Fcruson
        Fcruson
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-07-24T20:29:01Z  in response to Lee Wei
        OK thank you, I will look for other options
  • Security_admin
    Security_admin
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-04T16:05:49Z  in response to Lee Wei

Since you are the creator of this report, cpuld you please provide inputs on how can we automate this report. ? Also can you please help us with the source code?

Updated on 2014-08-04T16:11:04Z at 2014-08-04T16:11:04Z by Security_admin
    • Lee Wei
      Lee Wei
      598 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-04T23:41:39Z  in response to Security_admin

This report cannot be scheduled via Web Reports for 2 reasons. Firstly it is created with user interaction making it unsuitable for auto delivery. Secondly, because of the use of JavaScript on the client-side, Web Reports server will also not be able to execute it.

I hope you have found the source code of the report. It is written in JavaScript, so you will need someone with JavaScript knowledge plus IEM Session Relevance to help with any edits that might be desired.

Lee Wei

• ranakeyur
        ranakeyur
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-11-14T10:59:34Z  in response to Lee Wei

Can we pull this report for Non-Windows Endpoints ? I see blank file coming out when exporting for RHEL Servers.

• Lee Wei
          Lee Wei
          598 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-11-14T18:01:44Z  in response to ranakeyur

Hi,

The report filters based on Fixlets and Computers, and it does not have anything specific to Windows.

So yes, it should report on non-Windows endpoints.

If you can provide more details, or even a picture, maybe we can figure out what might be needed to get the right results.

Lee Wei

• FrankHansen
            FrankHansen
            4 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-04-16T16:15:49Z  in response to Lee Wei

Hi Lee,

I have extended your report to include CVSS score,patch priority and a delay trend 30,30-60,60-90,90<

I'm going to move this to EXT 5 or angular

Attachments

• DANPowers
              DANPowers
              2 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-04-16T16:24:17Z  in response to FrankHansen

Wow - This is really cool. So I am reading this correct: You are taken the CVE# from the Fixlet/Patch and looking up the NIST score to give the 1-10 real number risk? That is awesome, and provides a much more viable scoring technique then the Vendor cores. 

What is the Patch Priority Value I see in there? how is that computed?

I love the SLA values as well - does mouse over work on the graphs?

• FrankHansen
                FrankHansen
                4 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-04-16T16:26:26Z  in response to DANPowers

yes...the series chart has mouse over with the counts per severity type.

• FrankHansen
    FrankHansen
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-04-16T16:18:02Z  in response to Lee Wei

I also have created a perl script web service to get the updated NIST/NVD data.