IBM Endpoint Manager (IEM) operators often find that it is useful to extract the wealth of data on the IEM Server for analysis and reporting. They either process the data themselves, or will often send the information to other consumers in an Excel format.
- Download the latest version, which is currently 3.3.3
- Uninstall any previous versions
- Download the latest
- The best way to install is to right-click on setup.exe and "Run as administrator"
A simple walk through of selecting some Computer Properties (47 secs)
The new feature to extract single Retrieve Property summary (34 secs)
http://leewei.com/bigfix/prod/excelconnector/BESProperties/BESProperties.html (34 secs)
The new features to Import, Open and Save reports
http://leewei.com/bigfix/prod/excelconnector/ImportOpenSave/ImportOpenSave.html (1 min 28 secs)
Show the generated relevance in nicely formatted output with indentations, without going through a hidden worksheet
http://leewei.com/bigfix/prod/excelconnector/ShowRelevance/ShowRelevance.html (1 min 21 secs)
Installation Problems and What to try
- Right-click on setup.exe and "Run as Administrator"
- If you have .NET Framework 4.0, you need the Full version, not the Client/light version
Read post: http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?pid=24824#p24824
- Some people reported problem installing on Vista with UAC turned on. Symptom is that the add-in does not show up in Excel
- The installer log file is located at \user_home\Add-in Express. Any errors will be visible there
Changes in version 126.96.36.199
- (2013/04/16) Changed name to IBM Endpoint Manager (IEM) Excel Connector .
- (2013/04/16) Added support for Excel 2013.
- (2013/04/16) Fixed error with Regional and Language Formats that are non-English
- (2013/04/16) Fixed error with searching for action status using the "Results of BES Action" object
Changes in version 188.8.131.52
- (10/17/2011) Increased maximum rows for Excel 2007 and Excel 2010 to 1,048,575.
Changes in version 184.108.40.206
- (3/30/2011) Change name from BigFix to Tivoli Endpoint Manager
- (3/30/2011) For computer properties, change generated relevance from (if exists result) to (if exists values of results) because some results might be NULL.
- (3/30/2011) Fixed concatenation character %0A not working in Web Reports version 8.1. This is due to Web Reports escaping control characters.
- (3/30/2011) Fixed Analysis properties for BES Computers not being restored.
- (3/30/2011) Upgraded installer using Add-in Express from 6.1.3044 to 6.4.3056
Changes in version 220.127.116.11
- Use explicitly IDs to identify Retrieved Properties. This eliminates problems with duplicate names
- Added processing to "Free Space on System Drive", "RAM", and "Total Size of System Drive" to make them integers rather than strings
Changes in version 18.104.22.168
- (11/12/2010) Too many changes to list individual items. The bigger enhancements are:
- Open and save reports
- Import and export reports
- Refresh the report without going through the Wizard
- Show the generated relevance with indentations
- A single BES Property report is generated with a pie chart
Changes in version 22.214.171.124
- (8/16/2010) Support Excel 2010.
Changes in version 126.96.36.199
- (7/26/2010) Clear worksheet formatting when returning results from Session Relevance Editor.
- (7/26/2010) Refresh content cache when switching Web Reports.
Changes in version 188.8.131.52
- (7/26/2010) Fix bug found by Nick Holmes on Forum http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=5394. The filter does not work against properties with multiple results.
Changes in version 184.108.40.206
- (7/24/2010) Supports HTTPS connection with private certificates.
- (7/24/2010) Fixed problem with Web Reports URL with trailing forward slash (e.g. http://server:80/).
Bug fixes in version 220.127.116.11
- (7/18/2009) comboBoxProperty for filter name not concatenating property if it is a property of an object.
- (7/18/2009) When Checking a parent node of a list of property names, and if there are children already checked, they get duplicated in the selected list.
- (7/21/2009) Tab order for fields (3 of them) used to create a filter corrected.
- (7/24/2009) Missing Analysis properties if multiple activations. Helped fixed by Stephane Minisini of eSpeed.
Enhancements in version 18.104.22.168
- (7/20/2009) Added auto-complete functionality to the comboBoxProperty - to select Properties for filtering.
- (7/21/2009) Combined 2 BES Site queries into one to improve caching speed.
- (7/21/2009) Added Remediated attribute to BES Fixlets. Also possible to search on Remediated.
- (7/21/2009) Made the "Value" column in the filter data grid editable. This makes it easier to change a query criteria.