• 11 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-05-10T05:54:51Z by Tiffy91
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
890 Posts

Pinned topic Report Available: Analysis Filter

‏2007-04-20T21:24:01Z |
Analysis Filter
http://support.bigfix.com/download/bes/customreports/AnalysisFilterScreenshot.jpg
Description: This report allows you to display filtered analysis infomation based on user specified computers names. Gives you more filtering power than webreports built in function.
Archiveable/Mailable: No
Required BES Sites: None

Let me know if there are any questions. Any feedback is appreciated.

<Report has been updated. See post #4 for new attachment>
  • choro
    choro
    6 Posts

Re: Report Available: Analysis Filter

‏2009-05-15T18:27:52Z  
    Hey Zak, thank you on all the WebReports you made available.

I imported this one and the "Filter analysis" drop-down box is empty.

Any ideas?
  • kespoor91
    kespoor91
    11 Posts

‏2009-06-19T13:09:49Z  
    choro
    Hey Zak, thank you on all the WebReports you made available.

I imported this one and the "Filter analysis" drop-down box is empty.

Any ideas?
    Mine too has an empty drop-down box. Can you please post whatever process resolved the problem for choro?

Thanks!
  • kespoor91
    kespoor91
    11 Posts

‏2009-07-30T18:30:41Z  
    Zak-
    That works like a charm! (sorry for taking so long to reply)

Have you considered modifying it to allow the user to select more than just the computer name? I don't have a specific need for it right now but I know it would be very useful if the filtering was similar to the search capabilities on the Console... Things like by IP address, subnet, OS or check in date would provide a lot of extra functionality.

Again, no specific need for it right now, just curious.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    890 Posts

‏2009-08-11T20:04:42Z  
    I think BigFix should be looking closely at reports like this and starting to integrate them into the product. I think it's pretty bad you can't do partial/custom values in the filters or enter a computer name to search in the computer properties list! I think the reports could be made a lot more user friendly! I've used a freeware product that had some really great webreports/search functions!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    890 Posts

‏2009-08-11T20:28:00Z  
    j2johnson,

We couldn't agree more. I've work for two seperate companies where I brought BigFix in to play and the weak point has always been the reporting. I've been trying to stress the idea that there should be more built in reports and an easier reporting engine on the forums for over a year.

To be fair, I think BigFix has some things in the works - http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=2801. Hopefully it arrives soon.

John
  • BenKus
    BenKus
    597 Posts

‏2009-08-12T06:26:44Z  
    Hey guys,

We have a whole series of new reporting changes in our next version that go along with our console changes... You might want to contact Aaron Bauer if you are interested in participating in some of our early user-testing so you can help shape the product:
    http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=3067

Ben
  • russwm91
    russwm91
    5 Posts

‏2010-05-04T01:00:08Z  
    Hey I know this has been open for a while. Was wondering why it wont work in Firefox browser. I ran it on IE and reports will run fine. When I run this in Firefox it will come up and let you type name for computer but doesn't do anything after you click show results.
    Thanks,

Russ
  • Tiffy91
    Tiffy91
    6 Posts

‏2010-05-07T08:07:32Z  
    Hi Zak,

I'm interestedon this Analysis filter. However, I did not see any attachment file about this custom report content. Please advice where can i locate it.

Thanks
  • jessewk
    jessewk
    179 Posts

‏2010-05-07T17:47:34Z  
    Hi Tiffy,

You should be able to see the attachment below post 4 now, as long as you are logged in.

Jesse
  • Tiffy91
    Tiffy91
    6 Posts

‏2010-05-10T05:54:51Z  
    thanks Jesse... i got it.. :)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    890 Posts

‏2011-12-08T18:12:00Z  
    Hey kespoor,

The report would break if you had custom analysis, since those analysis do not have a site id. I have updated the report to remove those analysis. This should hopefully fix your problem.

-Zak