• 12 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-29T19:25:05Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2038 Posts

Pinned topic _noselection.html error

‏2009-07-17T17:12:59Z |
Hello,

Has anyone else seen this error before? "_noselection.html ". It keeps appearing to some of my users.

The full error string is the following:
"C:\program files\bigfix enterprise\bes client\_besdata\_uisession\0\noselection.html"

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
  • BenKus
    BenKus
    1800 Posts

Re: _noselection.html error

‏2009-07-18T01:29:17Z  
    jpeppers reported this too:
    http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=3503

But I haven't heard about it anywhere else... have you been using client dashboards?

Ben
  • BenKus
    BenKus
    1800 Posts

‏2009-07-18T02:09:00Z  
    Interesting... I just saw this come in our support/bug list...

There is a thought that this is relate to Firefox and/or App-V from Microsoft... but it sounds like we aren't sure yet...

"The error that comes up when a regular (non-admin) user logs into the computer.
    20090120.log: log file from the computer at the time the error occurred.
    _noselection.html: The content of the html file that is specified in the error message.

What we know: The BF client works fine and there are no errors until we install Microsoft's App-V client (http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/appv/default.mspx). Therefore, we are fairly certain there is something going on between these two. There are not any significant entries related to BF or App-V in the Event Logs. Even with the error, both BF and App-V work fine. We can resolve the error by re-installing the BF client after installing the App-V client.

Other details: The computer is running Windows XP SP3. The computer is joined to an AD domain. The BF client is v7.1."
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2038 Posts

‏2009-07-18T16:07:38Z  
    Thanks Ben,

We have the App-V from Microsoft installed on these computers as the systems are also Windows XP, SP3 and joined to the domain. I will check with the vista users that have the App-V installed and see if they have had this error, but I think this is the answer.

Thanks for your help!
  • Edj
    Edj
    12 Posts

‏2009-08-02T16:47:34Z  
    We are encountering the same issue on our Citrix Servers (Windows 2003 SP2). The devices are not running App-V client but VMware is installed. It appears to have occurred following the application of the Microsoft Out-of-band July 2009 IE MS09-034 release.

Ed
  • Weylan_Wang
    Weylan_Wang
    2 Posts

‏2009-08-03T22:03:32Z  
    I have had confirmation that in some instances, after applying the patche MS09-034, IE is broken. And that if you reboot the computer, after the reboot, IE works again.

A change in the Fixlet Message is to be made that contains a warning that you should reboot the machine after the patch is applied.
  • jpeppers91
    jpeppers91
    157 Posts

‏2009-09-03T17:44:20Z  
    This was our finding as well.
  • louspag91
    louspag91
    9 Posts

‏2009-10-26T13:48:43Z  
    Is there a method to determine which servers are in this state without spot checking them manually?
    We found one server which received ms09-034 and was rebooted a while back and we just discovered this condition now. Any ideas appreciated
  • BenKus
    BenKus
    1800 Posts

‏2009-10-26T20:37:30Z  
    Hey Lou,

When MS09-034 first came out, the patch left the system in some funky state that caused this issue until it was restarted... We heard from many people that after the computer restarted, this issue went away and we haven't heard anything new on this topic since then...

If you are having this issue after applying MS09-034 even after a restart, then I don't think we know the cause... Can you maybe confirm by doing another restart?

Ben
  • Bill.Ehardt
    Bill.Ehardt
    25 Posts

‏2012-02-16T19:49:48Z  
    • BenKus
    • ‏2009-10-26T20:37:30Z
    Hey Lou,

When MS09-034 first came out, the patch left the system in some funky state that caused this issue until it was restarted... We heard from many people that after the computer restarted, this issue went away and we haven't heard anything new on this topic since then...

If you are having this issue after applying MS09-034 even after a restart, then I don't think we know the cause... Can you maybe confirm by doing another restart?

Ben
    Bringing up an old issue, but we are seeing this again this month. I'm wondering if it has to do with the IE patch? Same fix applies, reboot or update that setting.

Do we know why this is happening again?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2038 Posts

‏2012-03-10T09:31:50Z  
    Bringing up an old issue, but we are seeing this again this month. I'm wondering if it has to do with the IE patch? Same fix applies, reboot or update that setting.

Do we know why this is happening again?
    same issue when logging into the system and same question.
  • Bill.Ehardt
    Bill.Ehardt
    25 Posts

‏2012-04-12T16:32:19Z  
    same issue when logging into the system and same question.
    Just had new servers do this today, without any patches being applied. Why is this happening? Should I open a ticket?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2038 Posts

‏2013-01-29T19:25:05Z  
    This thread looks a tad old, but figured I'd add a link to a task related to this post.

http://bigfix.me/cdb/fixlet/1391

This task will disable the described setting.