2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-19T18:31:36Z by Brett Denison
adusu
adusu
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Jviews Charts

‏2011-12-07T21:21:00Z |
Hi

I added a 2d pie chart to a dashboard. I am trying to set the parameter values of the piechart dynamically in a java bean. here's the code I am using.

ExternalContext ctx = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext();
dashboard = new IlvDashboardDiagram(new IlvDashboardContext(), new IlvSDMView());
dashboard.readDashboard(ctx.getResource("dashboard.idbd"));
dashboard.setAdjusting(true);
Object pieSymbol = dashboard.getObject("Pie_2");
dashboard.setObjectProperty(pieSymbol,"headerText","Pie");
dashboard.setAdjusting(false);

the program is hanging when it encounters the line dashboard.setObjectProperty(pieSymbol,"headerText","Pie");
its not showing any error. but its not returning. is this the right way to set the parameters?
Thanks
vandana
Updated on 2011-12-08T01:14:55Z at 2011-12-08T01:14:55Z by slowhand
  • slowhand
    slowhand
    113 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Jviews Charts

‏2011-12-08T01:14:55Z  in response to adusu
    > the program is hanging when it encounters the line
    > dashboard.setObjectProperty(pieSymbol,"headerText","Pie");
    > its not showing any error. but its not returning.

You may have encountered an endless loop or a deadlock situation.
    To get more info about such a situation, it is essential to get a
    stack trace of all threads.

How to get a stack trace of a running application:
    • For a process started from a console window on Windows, press Ctrl-Break.
    • For a process started from a terminal window on Unix and Mac OS X, press Ctrl-\.
    • Starting with Sun JDK 1.5 on Unix and Mac OS X and Sun JDK 1.6 on Windows, the JDK contains programs "jps" and "jstack". Find out about the process ID using "jps", then show a dump of the stacks by invoking "jstack process-id".
    • Starting with JDK 1.6, you can also use "jconsole": Launch jconsole, connect it to the running process, In the Threads tab, you can select any thread from the list and then copy&paste its stack trace.
    • For a process started from Eclipse, in Debug mode, you can, in the Debug perspective, stop all threads, then select all thread stack traces and copy their info using copy&paste.
    • When using IBM JDK 1.6, you can use the "javadump" facility (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/javasdk/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.java.doc.diagnostics.60/diag/tools/javadump.html) to produce a "javadump" that contains the stack traces (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/javasdk/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.java.doc.diagnostics.60/diag/tools/javadump_tags_threads.html) and an automatic deadlock detection (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/javasdk/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.java.doc.diagnostics.60/diag/tools/javadump_tags_locks.html).

Note that the following APAR is known in this area:
    RS00260, fixed in JViews 8.5 patch 10, 8.6 patch 25, 8.7 patch 15, 8.8 patch 2, or
    newer.

It makes sense to upgrade to one of these JViews patches/fixpacks before trying to
    report a deadlock to the IBM ILOG JViews support.

--slowhand
  • Brett Denison
    Brett Denison
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Jviews Charts

‏2013-04-19T18:31:36Z  in response to adusu

Hi

I created a .idbd file and copied it to my web project.  I am trying to send values to the idbd file to populate it with data? how to set  the parameter values of the piechart dynamically in a java bean?

Thanks