Pinned topic Jviews Charts
I added a 2d pie chart to a dashboard. I am trying to set the parameter values of the piechart dynamically in a java bean. here's the code I am using.
ExternalContext ctx = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext();
dashboard = new IlvDashboardDiagram(new IlvDashboardContext(), new IlvSDMView());
Object pieSymbol = dashboard.getObject("Pie_2");
the program is hanging when it encounters the line dashboard.setObjectProperty(pieSymbol,"headerText","Pie");
its not showing any error. but its not returning. is this the right way to set the parameters?
slowhand 110000R3FM113 Posts
Re: Jviews Charts2011-12-08T01:14:55ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.> the program is hanging when it encounters the line
> its not showing any error. but its not returning.
You may have encountered an endless loop or a deadlock situation.
To get more info about such a situation, it is essential to get a
stack trace of all threads.
How to get a stack trace of a running application:
- For a process started from a console window on Windows, press Ctrl-Break.
- For a process started from a terminal window on Unix and Mac OS X, press Ctrl-\.
- Starting with Sun JDK 1.5 on Unix and Mac OS X and Sun JDK 1.6 on Windows, the JDK contains programs "jps" and "jstack". Find out about the process ID using "jps", then show a dump of the stacks by invoking "jstack process-id".
- Starting with JDK 1.6, you can also use "jconsole": Launch jconsole, connect it to the running process, In the Threads tab, you can select any thread from the list and then copy&paste its stack trace.
- For a process started from Eclipse, in Debug mode, you can, in the Debug perspective, stop all threads, then select all thread stack traces and copy their info using copy&paste.
- When using IBM JDK 1.6, you can use the "javadump" facility (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/javasdk/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.java.doc.diagnostics.60/diag/tools/javadump.html) to produce a "javadump" that contains the stack traces (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/javasdk/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.java.doc.diagnostics.60/diag/tools/javadump_tags_threads.html) and an automatic deadlock detection (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/javasdk/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.java.doc.diagnostics.60/diag/tools/javadump_tags_locks.html).
Note that the following APAR is known in this area:
RS00260, fixed in JViews 8.5 patch 10, 8.6 patch 25, 8.7 patch 15, 8.8 patch 2, or
It makes sense to upgrade to one of these JViews patches/fixpacks before trying to
report a deadlock to the IBM ILOG JViews support.
Brett Denison 270001A5UP1 Post
Re: Jviews Charts2013-04-19T18:31:36ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
I created a .idbd file and copied it to my web project. I am trying to send values to the idbd file to populate it with data? how to set the parameter values of the piechart dynamically in a java bean?