Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-04T14:17:54Z by Dragos.Cojocari
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1299 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Override RPE's insertion of a next-page section break between templates

‏2011-12-05T20:06:18Z |
I am in a situation where I have a "front matter" template with particular headers and footers. Following that is several instances of a "body" template, each instance extracting data from different places in DOORS. These "body" templates all have the same header and footer, but it is a different header and footer than the "front matter" has. Some of the templates pull data from the middle of a paragraph. The problem is that RPE automatically inserts a new section break between each template due to the master page. Sometimes this section break appears in the middle of a paragraph!

Question: Is there a way to override RPE's insertion of a next-page section break between templates?
Updated on 2012-12-04T14:17:54Z at 2012-12-04T14:17:54Z by Dragos.Cojocari
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1299 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Override RPE's insertion of a next-page section break between templates

‏2011-12-08T20:23:42Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Bump
    • mick.driver
      mick.driver
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-04T14:08:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Bob3

I have the above issue, RPE seems to add a section break after each different template (.dta) file uses from the specification (.dsx) file. This has the effect of re-starting the numbering in the table of contents. Hoping this is a setting somewhere to suppress?

Mick
  • Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1375 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-04T14:17:54Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    This behavior is hard coded in RPE and it cannot be changed from the outside. Please create an RFE for adding this capability to RPE.

@Bob - I apologize for the 1 year late reply, the message slipped between the cracks.

Regards,
    Dragos

RPE Actual