• 12 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-23T09:30:16Z by Sodi83
RaulCalla
RaulCalla
5 Posts

Pinned topic Recently Viewed Products in WCS 7

‏2011-12-03T03:50:37Z |
Hi all!

I'm trying to show the recently viewed products on my wcs server but the WCS does not display anything.

I have followed what the infocenter mentioned in this URL:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wchelp/v7r0m0/topic/com.ibm.commerce.management-center.doc/tasks/tsbenablemktnewinstall.htm

But it only works fine in my wcs toolkit.

Can anyone help me?
Updated on 2012-11-25T19:36:53Z at 2012-11-25T19:36:53Z by ApoorvaKhatri
  • David_Ruocco
    David_Ruocco
    12 Posts

Re: Recently Viewed Products in WCS 7

‏2011-12-08T22:39:38Z  
    I'm assuming you'll need the FEP1+/FP1+ storefront (Madisons-FEP) published to take advantage of this.
    Storefront info is here:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wchelp/v7r0m0/topic/com.ibm.commerce.madisons-starterstore.doc/refs/rsmfpbrowsinghistory.htm
    (Works in China store, Madisons, and Elite).
  • davidstimpert
    davidstimpert
    3 Posts

‏2011-12-16T18:34:08Z  
    I had this issue. I'm not sure if the root cause is the same, but it turned out that in the toolkit I had the espot and activity set up on the storefront (which worked) and on the server environment they were configured at the storefront asset store (which did not work).
  • RaulCalla
    RaulCalla
    5 Posts

‏2012-01-07T14:46:52Z  
    I had this issue. I'm not sure if the root cause is the same, but it turned out that in the toolkit I had the espot and activity set up on the storefront (which worked) and on the server environment they were configured at the storefront asset store (which did not work).
    I disabled the servlet caching and now it works, I suppose that exists some additional configurations for caching but I don't know where start to, I was surfing on internet and the websphere commerce infocenter but I have nothing.

Do you have any idea?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8614 Posts

‏2012-11-07T23:18:27Z  
    • RaulCalla
    • ‏2012-01-07T14:46:52Z
    I disabled the servlet caching and now it works, I suppose that exists some additional configurations for caching but I don't know where start to, I was surfing on internet and the websphere commerce infocenter but I have nothing.

Do you have any idea?
    Did you find any solution on this? I am facing same problem, If you found something on this please let me know
  • JoyceYu
    JoyceYu
    16 Posts

‏2012-11-12T15:50:18Z  
    • RaulCalla
    • ‏2012-01-07T14:46:52Z

Do you have any idea?
    I believe the e-Marketing spots has separate cache rules in the out-of-box sample cachespec and that fragment shouldn't be cached. Is that defined in your cachespec?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8614 Posts

‏2012-11-12T17:12:54Z  
    • JoyceYu
    • ‏2012-11-12T15:50:18Z
    I believe the e-Marketing spots has separate cache rules in the out-of-box sample cachespec and that fragment shouldn't be cached. Is that defined in your cachespec?
    yeah I just tried same example given in samples\dynacache\marketing\cachespec.xml but that didn't work too. I have same settings on my local too but it is working fine there. I suspect some settings in configuration file wc-server.xml maybe or might some other configuration problem.
  • Raj.S
    Raj.S
    523 Posts

‏2012-11-13T08:13:06Z  
    yeah I just tried same example given in samples\dynacache\marketing\cachespec.xml but that didn't work too. I have same settings on my local too but it is working fine there. I suspect some settings in configuration file wc-server.xml maybe or might some other configuration problem.
    Disabling servlet caching would have huge performance impact on the application. Please make sure your application performance does not degrade with this.

Regards,
    Raj
  • ApoorvaKhatri
    ApoorvaKhatri
    14 Posts

‏2012-11-15T16:28:21Z  
    If you can, try disabling servlet cache (easiest way would be to rename cachespec.xml and then restart server / clear cache).
    If your problem goes away, then the problem is with cached data that RaulCalla faced. So you can focus on this.
    If it doesn't go away, then there's something else.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8614 Posts

‏2012-11-15T19:32:50Z  
    Have you enabled the trace on this in the server to track it this way? I'd agree that disabling DynaCache as mentioned is going to be the simplest way to ensure that this is cache related, but I find that somewhat hard to believe if you're in a vanilla server environment. Of course you should not be on FEP/FP1 at this point unless you really like fixing all the bugs that have been addressed in the following 5 fixpacks.

geo

George Niece
    WebSphere Commerce Jedi Master
    IBM Champion for WebSphere
    eGlobal Solutions
    http://www.eGlobal-Sol.com
    Twitter: @WebSphrCommerce
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8614 Posts

‏2012-11-19T19:06:57Z  
    Have you enabled the trace on this in the server to track it this way? I'd agree that disabling DynaCache as mentioned is going to be the simplest way to ensure that this is cache related, but I find that somewhat hard to believe if you're in a vanilla server environment. Of course you should not be on FEP/FP1 at this point unless you really like fixing all the bugs that have been addressed in the following 5 fixpacks.

geo

George Niece
    WebSphere Commerce Jedi Master
    IBM Champion for WebSphere
    eGlobal Solutions
    http://www.eGlobal-Sol.com
    Twitter: @WebSphrCommerce
    I tried renaming cachespec.xml followed by restart server, but no change. Recently viewed items still not appearing. however as soon I turned off servlet caching from WASConsole it works perfectly.
  • ApoorvaKhatri
    ApoorvaKhatri
    14 Posts

‏2012-11-25T19:36:53Z  
    I tried renaming cachespec.xml followed by restart server, but no change. Recently viewed items still not appearing. however as soon I turned off servlet caching from WASConsole it works perfectly.
    Did you resolve the problem?
    Smells like issue with cache-id configuration.

I am surprised though that renaming cachespec.xml didn't work but disabling via WAS Console did. Just to clarify, you renamed the cachespec.xml in Stores.war, right?

Apoorva.
  • Sodi83
    Sodi83
    47 Posts

‏2013-10-23T09:30:16Z  

Before disabling servlet cache or making any other modification to server configuration, I strongly suggest you put a look at this:

http://wcs-hub.blogspot.it/2012/03/enabling-browsing-history-in-madison.html

that was enough in my case to solve the issue, without the need of disabling servlet cache or making any other modification to server configuration, apart from the ones listed in the article.

Just a note: the marketing spot name depends on the store type, as an example if your storefront is implemented as an AuroraStorefrontAssetStore, the marketing spot name must be RecViewed_CatEntries instead of BrowsingHistory.