Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-12-05T13:49:22Z by Sandboxer
KY8D_animesh_kumar
KY8D_animesh_kumar
3 Posts

Pinned topic WID Not Showing up

‏2011-11-29T10:15:55Z |
I login to Sand Box for WID but it does not open , though it shows in the bar.
How to bring it up?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    329 Posts

Re: WID Not Showing up

‏2011-11-29T13:41:50Z  
    Hi,

Can you tell me more about what you see when you start the sandbox exercise? Do you see a box with an icon called SOA Connectivity in it? If you click that icon, are you able to start the exercise? See the attached screen capture.

• Robin Langford
    developerWorks evaluation software
  • Sandboxer
    Sandboxer
    21 Posts

‏2011-11-29T15:50:31Z  
    Hello KY8D,
    it would help if you could tell us what exercise you selected from the SOA Sandbox inventory. At the moment, there are 3 that contain WID. I am guessing that you may have been accessing the IBM BPM in Action exercise. It could have been Interactive Process Design or Implementing dynamic endpoint lookup as well, however.

Allan Dickson
    SOA Sandbox Architect
  • KY8D_animesh_kumar
    KY8D_animesh_kumar
    3 Posts

‏2011-11-29T16:19:42Z  
    Hi,

Can you tell me more about what you see when you start the sandbox exercise? Do you see a box with an icon called SOA Connectivity in it? If you click that icon, are you able to start the exercise? See the attached screen capture.

• Robin Langford
    developerWorks evaluation software
    Yes that icon comes up and after that i click it, even WID comes up but it stays put in the control bar, though it was working till last day ! :(

What can be wrong?

And also wanted to know, where are exercises say for *StockPortfolio*(i saw in help but it was not step by step )

Thanks.
  • KY8D_animesh_kumar
    KY8D_animesh_kumar
    3 Posts

‏2011-11-29T16:20:37Z  
    • Sandboxer
    • ‏2011-11-29T15:50:31Z
    Hello KY8D,
    it would help if you could tell us what exercise you selected from the SOA Sandbox inventory. At the moment, there are 3 that contain WID. I am guessing that you may have been accessing the IBM BPM in Action exercise. It could have been Interactive Process Design or Implementing dynamic endpoint lookup as well, however.

Allan Dickson
    SOA Sandbox Architect
    Hi

I have not started on any exercises, are there good exercises for newbies?

Much Thanks.
  • Sandboxer
    Sandboxer
    21 Posts

‏2011-12-05T13:49:22Z  
    Hi

I have not started on any exercises, are there good exercises for newbies?

Much Thanks.
    KY8D,
    I have attached a screen capture of what is supposed to appear (and what appeared when I accessed the WID Dynamic Connection exercise through developerWorks on my Windows 7 machine using CitrixReceiver just a moment ago). It sounds like you are saying that the three exercise windows (projected by Citrix) show up only in the apps bar (at the bottom of the screen in my Win7 desktop in the attached image) but the corresponding 3 windows do not actually open on your desktop. Is that correct?
    Is it possible that you could tell me some more details about your client machine? Such as what operating system you are using and what version of the citrix client? I might be able to set up a more exact match of you environment in order to reproduce the problem you are seeing.
    If that proves impossible, perhaps we can set up a time for a live test so that I can examine the logs in the server side of the exercise environment to look for clues.
    Allan Dickson
    SOA Sandbox Architect