8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-05T08:56:18Z by kevinlin
johbrett
johbrett
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Trouble publishing to local Portal Server on Windows 64 bit

‏2011-11-23T12:03:20Z |
I get this error:

Check your Server Host and SOAP Connector Port inputs, and make sure your server
is running. To verify your SOAP Connector Port, got to the Websphere Admin
Console, select Application Servers > YOUR_SERVER > Ports and use the
SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS.

when I try to publish. I think its something to do with the Java version, although I have tried many different versions with no luck. has anyone else encountered this before?
Updated on 2011-11-25T13:12:43Z at 2011-11-25T13:12:43Z by johbrett
  • kevintap
    kevintap
    728 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Trouble publishing to local Portal Server on Windows 64 bit

‏2011-11-23T15:15:51Z  in response to johbrett
    Please take a look at the following article: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/Diagnosing_JMX_publishing_problems_with_WebSphere_Portlet_Factory

If you have WPF version 7.0 or earlier, you will need to enable -debug -consolelog for Eclipse to see the error messages. If you have WEF 7.0.1 or newer, then the errors will be written to log files in your project in the WebContent/WEB-INF/logs directory.

Take a look at the logged error messages and post them here if you need additional assistance in interpreting the problem.
    • johbrett
      johbrett
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-23T17:48:59Z  in response to kevintap
      I'm using WEF 7.0.1 with the latest fix packs, One of the errors given in the logs was:

com.ibm.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorException: ADMC0053E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host localhost at port 10025 with SOAP connector security enabled.
      Looking up that error code, the response is saying usually its the username and password are incorrect somehow, but I actually cant detect my own server before publishing so I'd imagine this exception will happen regardless of username or password. I can access the server through my browser and other machines can deploy to the server, which means it must be either WEF or my Java version?

Thanks for the quick response also!
      • kevintap
        kevintap
        728 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-23T19:10:31Z  in response to johbrett
        There should be more detail than that in the log files. Specifically, look for the publish_.log files in WebContent/WEB-INF/logs of your project. There will likely be one or more exceptions logged in this file before the ConnectorException. You may want to just post the entire publish_.log file here.
        • johbrett
          johbrett
          5 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-24T09:06:28Z  in response to kevintap
          These are all the causes from the publish file. I didn't put in my machine details for security reasons, hope that's not an issue. Hope this helps!
          Creating session: 1322069839249
          com.bowstreet.designer.deploy.DeploymentException: Check your Server Host and SOAP Connector Port inputs, and make sure your server is running. To verify your SOAP Connector port, go to the WebSphere Admin Console, select Application Servers > YOUR_SERVER > Ports and use the SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS.
          at com.bowstreet.designer.deploy.jmx.JMXConnection.connectAdminClient(JMXConnection.java:296)
          at com.bowstreet.designer.deploy.jmx.JMXConnection.<init>(JMXConnection.java:154)
          at com.bowstreet.designer.webapp.deployment.RemoteWAS61.doDeploy(RemoteWAS61.java:254)
          at com.bowstreet.designer.webapp.deployment.DeploymentRunner.run(DeploymentRunner.java:203)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorException: ADMC0053E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host localhost at port 10025 with SOAP connector security enabled.
          at com.ibm.websphere.management.AdminClientFactory.createAdminClient(AdminClientFactory.java:495)
          at com.bowstreet.designer.deploy.jmx.JMXConnection.connectAdminClient(JMXConnection.java:283)
          ... 4 more

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
          at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:67)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
          at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:522)
          at com.ibm.websphere.management.AdminClientFactory.createAdminClient(AdminClientFactory.java:350)
          ... 5 more

Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException: [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.; internal cause is:
          java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The certificate issued by <My Machine Details> is not trusted; internal cause is:
          java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.; internal cause is:
          java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The certificate issued by <My Machine Details> is not trusted; internal cause is:
          java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error]
          at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.reconnect(SOAPConnectorClient.java:351)
          at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.<init>(SOAPConnectorClient.java:181)
          ... 10 more

Caused by: [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.; internal cause is:
          java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket:
          javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.; internal cause is:
          java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The certificate issued by <My Machine Detials> is not trusted; internal cause is:
          java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error]
          • kevintap
            kevintap
            728 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-24T16:59:40Z  in response to johbrett
            The nested error messages (PKIX certificate failures) indicate that your WEF Designer does not have an appropriate trusted certificate that it can use to validate the certificate presented by your App Server.

The WEF Designer stores the trusted certificates in the following file: WEF install dir/Designer/eclipse/plugins/com.bowstreet.designer.JMXConnection_7.0.1/WAS6.1/etc/DummyClientTrustFile.jks

The WEF Designer is setup to automatically add self-signed certificates to this trust store, so that if your App Server presents a self-signed certificate, it will automatically be accepted and trusted. I suspect that one of two things may have happened here.

1) Your App Server is not presenting a self-signed certificate because you have installed a CA (Certificate Authority) signed certificate. And, there is a problem with validating the certificate chain. (This is less likely the case, but if you've been making security changes to your server might apply.)

OR (more likely)

2) Your App Server presented a self-signed certificate at some point in the past and it was automatically added to the WEF Designer's trust store. This self-signed certificate has since expired, and the App Server has automatically generated a new one, but the old, expired certificate remains in the WEF Designer's trust store, and WEF is therefore not automatically adding the new certificate and rejecting the new certificate.

I'd suggest running the following command to examine the contents of your trust store.
            keytool -list -v -keystore Designer/eclipse/plugins/com.bowstreet.designer.JMXConnection_7.0.1/WAS6.1/etc/DummyClientTrustFile.jks -storepass WebAS

This will list all certificates installed in your trust store. I would suggest looking at the valid date range for each certificate, specifically those that are self-signed certificates for your App Server.

If you find that you have an expired certificate, you should use keytool to remove it from the trust store using the following command:
            keytool -delete -alias cert_alias -keystore Designer/eclipse/plugins/com.bowstreet.designer.JMXConnection_7.0.1/WAS6.1/etc/DummyClientTrustFile.jks -storepass WebAS

(keytool is a command that is included with the Java SDK and can be found in your Java SDK's bin directory)
            • johbrett
              johbrett
              5 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-25T11:15:14Z  in response to kevintap
              Hi Kevin, I tried the second step there, all the certs were still valid and still no luck. The first step I'm not sure how to check on, but I haven't been making any security changes to my server. The issue I'm having is that my WEF cannot detect any server, as in when I go to edit a server configuration, put in the host and SOAP Connector port and hit detect, I get "A running application server could not be found on <SERVER ADDRESS>". Also others are able to publish to my local server, so would that not mean it is a WEF issue as opposed to the server?

Also thanks for all the feedback, the detail and speed of response is top class.
              • johbrett
                johbrett
                5 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-25T13:12:43Z  in response to johbrett
                I re-installed WEF and everything now works fine...not quite sure what the problem was by a fresh install of WEF has fixed it so I wont complain!

Thanks for all your help all the same, the detail and speed of response was excellent.
  • kevinlin
    kevinlin
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-05T08:56:18Z  in response to johbrett

you can check plugin

com.bowstreet.designer.WASAdminClient_8.0.0\profile\etc

com.bowstreet.designer.WASAdminClient_8.0.0\profile\properties

copy some file wp_profile\etc\DummyClientKeyFile.jks,  wp_profile\etc\DummyClientTrustFile.jks file to change

I successful....