IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-01-07T21:38:23Z by shahss
Tderosa_solutions
Tderosa_solutions
1 Post

Pinned topic Need help on upsert to Salesforce.com

‏2011-11-18T21:17:12Z |
I have been using salesforce.com for several years and am well versed with dataloader for upserts. I am now using castiron to upsert records to salesforce from a DB2 table. Here's the problem:

I have a custom object (Object A) that has an external id field that I use to upsert, no problem, works like a champ. Object A also has a lookup field that is a reference to another custom object (Object B). From my source system in DB2, I don't know Object B's salesforce id, only the numeric id from Db2.

When I upsert object A I would like to refer to the numeric id and have it resolve it, just like you can do in dataloader.

My question is: can this be done in castiron, I don't see anywhere in the studio that allows you to specify an external id for a related object (object b). All I can see in the editor is a place to specify the primary object's external id.
Updated on 2012-01-07T21:38:23Z at 2012-01-07T21:38:23Z by shahss
  • Puchalapalli
    Puchalapalli
    1 Post

Re: Need help on upsert to Salesforce.com

‏2011-12-19T13:15:40Z  
    Yes its possible only if you have an external id field on object B. In this case, when you will choose the field in the "Configure" Task (Salesforce Upsert Activity), for some of the fields you will see a "V" icon. Just click on the "V" icon and you will get a drop down list having all the external ids on object B. Select the appropriate one and then this field would automatically do a look up for you based on the numeric field which you map to this external id. If there is a record on object B with this external id then your record can be inserted/updated otherwise it would give an error.
  • shahss
    shahss
    1 Post

Re: Need help on upsert to Salesforce.com

‏2012-01-07T21:38:23Z  
    Yes its possible only if you have an external id field on object B. In this case, when you will choose the field in the "Configure" Task (Salesforce Upsert Activity), for some of the fields you will see a "V" icon. Just click on the "V" icon and you will get a drop down list having all the external ids on object B. Select the appropriate one and then this field would automatically do a look up for you based on the numeric field which you map to this external id. If there is a record on object B with this external id then your record can be inserted/updated otherwise it would give an error.
    The upsert with relationship feature described in the previous reply is supported in Cast Iron version 6.0.0.3 and later.....