Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-11-17T05:11:50Z by ambj
ambj
ambj
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic projectdeploy.xml compile time error.

‏2011-11-15T10:09:33Z |
Hi ,

I have created a WPF project and published it. Later I took the webcontent from my clearcase and pasted in my project. Now while running this application, I am unable to publish it. Please someone help me on this! thanks in advance.
On publis I am getting Publish exception caught error:
compiled failed.
Updated on 2011-11-17T05:11:50Z at 2011-11-17T05:11:50Z by ambj
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1493 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: projectdeploy.xml compile time error.

‏2011-11-15T15:41:53Z  in response to ambj
    I'm not sure what you might have wiped out if you only replaced the contents of WebContent, unless you missed some of the critical elements that the Factory puts in there. I know that there is a model that the designer puts on to the server in order to communicate with it, but I wouldn't think its lack would prevent a Publish. You should check your deployment parameters, and you might try refreshing all the packages. (Both under Windows/Preferences/WebSphere Portlet Factory, or possibly Web Experience Factory, depending on what version you have

If that doesn't help, you'll need to tell us more info on the error you're getting. (After you've tried the obvious things, like rebooting the server, etc.) I'm afraid, though, that your answer is likely to be that you should export your artifacts from the project to a Factory Archive file, then create a new project and import again.

Here's an article on the best practice for putting your WEF projects under source control: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/Locating_and_layingout_a_project_for_source_control_management_wpf701
    • gsager
      gsager
      18 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-15T19:00:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      There is a deployment directory that is in the project above the webcontent folder. you might try re-saving the Server configuration in the project properties
      • ambj
        ambj
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-16T14:42:31Z  in response to gsager
        My project is not getting published here:C:\ibm\Portlet Factory\WASCE\repository\geronimo
        the geronimo folder is blank.
        Now I am not receiving any error but its not generating the WAR file.
        My Server is in this folder :C:\ibm\Portlet Factory
        .bowstreet info:

bowstreet.designer.project.outputLocation=C\:/ibm/Portlet Factory/WASCE\\repository\\geronimo\\test\\1\\test-1.war
        in wasceDeploymentresult.txt file, I am getting this error:
        Using JRE_HOME: C:\IBM\Portlet Factory\WASCE\jre
        Error: Unable to connect to server at
        deployer:geronimo:jmx://localhost:1099 -- Failed to retrieve
        RMIServer stub: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root
        exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host:
        localhost; nested exception is:
        thanks for the reply!!
      • ambj
        ambj
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-16T14:44:29Z  in response to gsager
        thanks, I did this but dint resolved my issue. thanks for the reply.
  • kevintap
    kevintap
    111 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-16T17:48:45Z  in response to ambj
    This looks like the publish script is having trouble building your project. Do you have errors (specifically, Java compilation errors) in your Problems view in Eclipse?

I'd suggest looking at the log files under WebContent/WEB-INF/logs in your workspace project. There should be a log file in there: <publish_config_name>.log. This log file should contain the output from the ant script, and specifically should include any error messages that might indicate why the compilation failed. You can post that log file here if you'd like or correct the errors if they're obvious.
    • ambj
      ambj
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-17T05:11:50Z  in response to kevintap
      hi,
      yeas I have errors in problems view in eclispe. the one error is :
      Description Resource Path Location Type
      Factory Dev WAR location C:/ibm/Portlet Factory/WASCE\repository\geronimo\test\1\test-1.war does not exist, files not copied. Unknown WebApp Error.
      I checked my workspace project location. <publis_config_name>.log file is missing.

thanks!!