Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-11-17T11:32:54Z by DavidPfeifer
DavidPfeifer
DavidPfeifer
8 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to deploy the Search Portlet for Enterprise Search in WebSphere Portal?

‏2011-11-14T13:39:10Z |
Hi,

I installed OmniFind Enterprise Edition 9.1 on a seperate server and successfully ran the Integration Script (wp61_install.sh) on our WebSphere Portal 6.1.0 Server. I already configured Crawler and the search works so far.
What I want to do next is to deploy the Search Portlet for Enterprise Search in WebSphere Portal. I deployed the searchportlet.war and configured the parameters hostname, port, username and password. After that, I created a new page and added the Search Portlet for Enterprise Search to it.
But when i want to open that page nothing happens :(

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2011-11-17T11:32:54Z at 2011-11-17T11:32:54Z by DavidPfeifer
  • DavidPfeifer
    DavidPfeifer
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to deploy the Search Portlet for Enterprise Search in WebSphere Portal?

‏2011-11-16T08:47:57Z  in response to DavidPfeifer
    Hi,

yesterday I ran the uninstall script (wp61_uninstall.sh) and reinstalled the portlet. This way I recognized, that the Integration Script already creates a page named Enterprise Search, with the required portlet for me. Before I touched the parameters I took a look at this page and it turns out, that I can open it. When I open the page, it shows the window of the portlet and its title in the header of this window, but there's nothing in it. The body of this window is just blank.
    I deleted all the *.log and *.text files in the ./logs/WebSphere_Portal and ./logs/ffdc directories and opened the page again. The only file that was created during this step, was the WebSphere_Portal_exception.log in the ./logs/ffdc directory. It shows the following exceptions:
    4 99 15.11.11 11:48:39:652 CET javax.servlet.ServletException com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter 82
    6 42 15.11.11 11:48:39:647 CET javax.portlet.PortletException com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.invoker.impl.PortletServlet.dispatch 255
    23 64 15.11.11 11:48:39:638 CET javax.servlet.ServletException com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.core.impl.PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.include 52
    30 57 15.11.11 11:48:39:635 CET java.lang.NullPointerException com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter 89
    31 50 15.11.11 11:48:39:652 CET javax.portlet.PortletException com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.invoker.collaborator.impl.PortletInvokerPerformanceCollaborator.invokePMI 141
    39 50 15.11.11 11:48:39:652 CET javax.servlet.ServletException com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.invoke 117
  • DavidPfeifer
    DavidPfeifer
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-16T09:27:55Z  in response to DavidPfeifer
    Funny... I just increased the Log Level Details in the Integrated Solutions Console of the WAS, removed the *.log and *.txt files and opened the page again. This time not a single exception occured. No .log or .txt files were created.
    • DavidPfeifer
      DavidPfeifer
      8 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-16T10:22:41Z  in response to DavidPfeifer
      Forget about my last post. The exceptions I posted earlier definitly occur (almost) every time, I open the page.
  • mauriziog
    mauriziog
    28 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-16T13:59:10Z  in response to DavidPfeifer
    I don't know if you did it yet, but after running the integration script you have to make some configuration changes;
    if you already did it never mind, otherwise please read the instructions in the public IBM Omnifind v9.1 InfoCenter:
    • running the integration script: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/discover/v9r1m0/topic/com.ibm.discovery.es.ad.doc/iiysaitinst6.htm
    • configuring the portal search center : http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/discover/v9r1m0/topic/com.ibm.discovery.es.ad.doc/iiysaitsearchcenter6.htm
    • configuring the portal search bar : http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/discover/v9r1m0/topic/com.ibm.discovery.es.ad.doc/iiysaitsearchbar6.htm
    • DavidPfeifer
      DavidPfeifer
      8 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-16T14:43:02Z  in response to mauriziog
      Hi maurizioq,

I appreciate your help :)
      In fact I already tried to configure the portal search center and the portal search bar like it's described in the infocenter, but it didn't change anything.
      Another question: Is it even necessary to configure these portlets, to get the Search Portlet for Enterprise Search (SPES) started? I thought that the SPES works fine on its own and its optional to extend it with the other portlets, if you want them to redirect to the SPES. Please tell me if I'm wrong.
      • DavidPfeifer
        DavidPfeifer
        8 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-17T11:32:54Z  in response to DavidPfeifer
        Hi,

I fixed it. The problem was that there were some portrules missing in the firewall, especially 8394, which is used by the portlet.