• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-11-08T21:25:05Z by Kevan
FrederikDeBacker
FrederikDeBacker
12 Posts

Pinned topic Call OSGi service from EJB

‏2011-11-08T10:10:57Z |
Hi all,

I am faced with the following problem: I have an OSGi service that exports a service and makes this service available in the OSGi registry. Now I would like to call this service from within an EJB method.

So in my EJB I do the following:

BankService bankService = (BankService) ctx.lookup("osgi:service/dexia.osgipoc.sedm3.service.BankService");

The lookup works ok, but the ca
Updated on 2011-11-08T21:25:05Z at 2011-11-08T21:25:05Z by Kevan
  • FrederikDeBacker
    FrederikDeBacker
    12 Posts

Continued: Call OSGi service from EJB

‏2011-11-08T10:14:35Z  
    ... but the cast to BankService fails because the class is not found.

This class is exposed in my OSGi bundle but apparently the EJB cannot see it because the EJB is not OSGi aware. Is there a way to do this and define some sort of 'hybrid' application in Websphere (Glassfish and JBoss seem to have some support for this).

thx and kr,

Frederik.
  • Kevan
    Kevan
    121 Posts

Re: Continued: Call OSGi service from EJB

‏2011-11-08T12:08:41Z  
    ... but the cast to BankService fails because the class is not found.

This class is exposed in my OSGi bundle but apparently the EJB cannot see it because the EJB is not OSGi aware. Is there a way to do this and define some sort of 'hybrid' application in Websphere (Glassfish and JBoss seem to have some support for this).

thx and kr,

Frederik.
    What does your deployment plan (e.g. geronimo-application.xml) look like? Do you have a deployment plan, at all?

See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/wasce/V3.0.0/en/ear.html

Sounds like you could use an <import-package> for dexia.osgipoc.sedm3.service.

--kevan
  • FrederikDeBacker
    FrederikDeBacker
    12 Posts

‏2011-11-08T14:54:40Z  
    • Kevan
    • ‏2011-11-08T12:08:41Z
    What does your deployment plan (e.g. geronimo-application.xml) look like? Do you have a deployment plan, at all?

See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/wasce/V3.0.0/en/ear.html

Sounds like you could use an <import-package> for dexia.osgipoc.sedm3.service.

--kevan
    Hello,

Thanks for the assistance. I did not have a deployment plan. I added one based on your response and it seems to work now.

kr,

Frederik.
  • Kevan
    Kevan
    121 Posts

‏2011-11-08T21:25:05Z  
    Hello,

Thanks for the assistance. I did not have a deployment plan. I added one based on your response and it seems to work now.

kr,

Frederik.
    Great. Thanks for the update.

--kevan