Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-11-27T12:31:23Z by HNMK
SBD_NYC
SBD_NYC
2 Posts

Pinned topic Installing CX 9.5 Informix Samples

‏2011-11-04T01:48:31Z |
I get the following error when executing restoreIDS_Samples. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
net user CXSamplesUser CX_Samples /add /comment:"This account is used by IBM Co
gnos Express" /expires:never
System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.
if 2 NEQ 0 goto usererror
The user account creation has failed. Check output for more details.
Press any key to continue . . .
Updated on 2012-04-27T21:43:06Z at 2012-04-27T21:43:06Z by Eric@CIBER
  • Eric@CIBER
    Eric@CIBER
    2 Posts

Re: Installing CX 9.5 Informix Samples

‏2012-04-27T21:28:57Z  
    I am having the same problem. I am attempting to install this on a VM server. Do we share that in common? Did you ever get this issue resolved? If so, I'd be interested in knowing how you resolved it. Thanks.
  • Eric@CIBER
    Eric@CIBER
    2 Posts

‏2012-04-27T21:43:06Z  
    I am having the same problem. I am attempting to install this on a VM server. Do we share that in common? Did you ever get this issue resolved? If so, I'd be interested in knowing how you resolved it. Thanks.
    I think I may have figured this out. I was getting that error when double-clicking on the bat file. I also tried right-clicking on the bat file and telling Windows 2008 to run it as administrator but that didn't work either. I ended up right-clicking on the command prompt and telling that application to run as the administrator. I then navigated to the bat file location and ran the bat file from the command line and the script seems to be running and doing what I would expect it to do. I hope this helps.
  • HNMK
    HNMK
    1 Post

‏2014-11-27T12:31:23Z  
    I think I may have figured this out. I was getting that error when double-clicking on the bat file. I also tried right-clicking on the bat file and telling Windows 2008 to run it as administrator but that didn't work either. I ended up right-clicking on the command prompt and telling that application to run as the administrator. I then navigated to the bat file location and ran the bat file from the command line and the script seems to be running and doing what I would expect it to do. I hope this helps.

Thanks Eric, running cmd as administrator works the trick