• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-11-03T09:37:54Z by kapilaindu
kapilaindu
kapilaindu
3 Posts

Pinned topic Regarding component queue is up or not

‏2011-11-01T11:31:06Z |
HI ,

Could any one please help me in the follwing scenario.I want to know whethe the component queues under a connection point are up or not with out using Process task manager.
Is it possible to check through api whether the component queue is up or not although the connection point is up.

Thanks,
Indira
Updated on 2011-11-03T09:37:54Z at 2011-11-03T09:37:54Z by kapilaindu
  • drdamour
    drdamour
    15 Posts

Re: Regarding component queue is up or not

‏2011-11-01T15:06:57Z  
    I don't believe there is a published/public API for what you're looking to do.

First thing i'd suggest is filenet system monitor. I know it has a monitor for component queue status (and another for throughput). So that gives you what you're looking for from a sysadmin level.

The other direction i'd point you in is the pe.jar's filenet/vw/apps/taskman/integrator namespace. It looks like there's a VWAdaptorNode.StatusMonitor internal class that is probably the heart of the functionality that you're looking for. Remember, generally the component is hosted in a JVM hosted by a service (in windows, vwservices) so you have to make sure the service is running first.

Very interested in hearing what you end up doing, please share what you can!

I am Just a new Boy,
    A Stranger in this Town,
    Where are All the Good Times,
    Who's Gonna Show this Stranger Around?

Check out our Agile ACM Catalogue: Widgets, APIs, & Components for Building Solutions
  • kapilaindu
    kapilaindu
    3 Posts

Re: Regarding component queue is up or not

‏2011-11-03T09:37:54Z  
    • drdamour
    • ‏2011-11-01T15:06:57Z
    I don't believe there is a published/public API for what you're looking to do.

First thing i'd suggest is filenet system monitor. I know it has a monitor for component queue status (and another for throughput). So that gives you what you're looking for from a sysadmin level.

The other direction i'd point you in is the pe.jar's filenet/vw/apps/taskman/integrator namespace. It looks like there's a VWAdaptorNode.StatusMonitor internal class that is probably the heart of the functionality that you're looking for. Remember, generally the component is hosted in a JVM hosted by a service (in windows, vwservices) so you have to make sure the service is running first.

Very interested in hearing what you end up doing, please share what you can!

I am Just a new Boy,
    A Stranger in this Town,
    Where are All the Good Times,
    Who's Gonna Show this Stranger Around?

Check out our Agile ACM Catalogue: Widgets, APIs, & Components for Building Solutions
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    I went through the class you mentined .
    But i did not get what I need to do.
    i am not very much familiar with this stuff.
    Will be thank ful to you for further hints.

Thanks,
    Indira