Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-06-18T16:02:11Z by michaelkdown
GregWilhelm
GregWilhelm
19 Posts

Pinned topic Apache ActiveMQ JMS Integration

‏2011-11-01T02:36:07Z |
I'm trying to connect to Apache ActiveMQ 5.5.0 on Windows 7 using Studio's JMS endpoint by following these directions:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21453605

The directions state:

To work with Active MQ, you need to copy the .bindings file from the Active MQ server, which can be found under the installation directory of the Active MQ server.

I can't find this .bindings file anywhere under the ActiveMQ installation directory, in either ActiveMQ 5.5.0 or 4.1.2. I have it running successfully as a Windows service on my local machine.

Further directions in the technote state:

To create a .bindings file, you have to install GlassFish and Apache ant. Then run attached java program on server to create connection, queue and topics. A sample .binding file is attached for your reference.

As far as I can tell, there is no attached java program on that technote. There is a sample .bindings file. Has anybody gotten JMS connectivity to ActiveMQ working under Windows? Any help would be appreciated.
Updated on 2012-06-18T16:02:11Z at 2012-06-18T16:02:11Z by michaelkdown
  • GregWilhelm
    GregWilhelm
    19 Posts

Re: Apache ActiveMQ JMS Integration

‏2011-11-11T18:09:03Z  
    I figured out on my own how to integrate IBM Cast Iron Studio 6.1 with Apache ActiveMQ 5.5.1. Ignore the technote that I referenced above as it is outdated; as far as I can tell, you don't need to create a JNDI file with the newer versions of ActiveMQ.

1. Import the following ActiveMQ JAR files (available in the ActiveMQ installation directory) into Studio under the JMS Connector section (Tools > Install Module Providers). These JAR files are available under the ActiveMQ installation directory. Note that in Studio, if these files are not imported correctly, Studio will hang indefinitely on the "Connection to Endpoint" dialog after clicking the Test Connection button.

• activemq-all-5.5.1.jar
    • slf4j-log4j12-1.5.11.jar

2. Configure the JMS endpoint using the following settings:

JDNI Initial Factory: org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
    Provider URL: tcp://<hostname>:61616
    Provider Package: (leave blank)
    Factory Name: ConnectionFactory

3. Configure the JMS activities using the the following format. You must use "dynamicQueues" in the queue name for this to work properly.

dynamicQueues/<QueueName>

4. Test the JMS endpoint by clicking on the Test Connection button. You should receive a message that says "Connection to JMS endpoint succeeded."
  • michaelkdown
    michaelkdown
    36 Posts

‏2012-05-29T12:46:55Z  
    I figured out on my own how to integrate IBM Cast Iron Studio 6.1 with Apache ActiveMQ 5.5.1. Ignore the technote that I referenced above as it is outdated; as far as I can tell, you don't need to create a JNDI file with the newer versions of ActiveMQ.

1. Import the following ActiveMQ JAR files (available in the ActiveMQ installation directory) into Studio under the JMS Connector section (Tools > Install Module Providers). These JAR files are available under the ActiveMQ installation directory. Note that in Studio, if these files are not imported correctly, Studio will hang indefinitely on the "Connection to Endpoint" dialog after clicking the Test Connection button.

• activemq-all-5.5.1.jar

3. Configure the JMS activities using the the following format. You must use "dynamicQueues" in the queue name for this to work properly.

4. Test the JMS endpoint by clicking on the Test Connection button. You should receive a message that says "Connection to JMS endpoint succeeded."
    Thank you so much! This was a great help as there is so little information out there about Cast Iron let alone connecting with an MQ!
  • michaelkdown
    michaelkdown
    36 Posts

‏2012-06-18T16:02:11Z  

• activemq-all-5.5.1.jar

Hello,

Have you ever seen the following error message in the Studio Logs?

Jun 18, 2012 4:57:39 PM com.approuter.studio.activity.config.util.JAXBContentMarshaller$VersionMigrationXmlAdapter marshal
    WARNING: Marshall password: 6.0