5 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-02-18T11:29:35Z by pvrchowdary
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6420 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic JSF Project Migration Issues from WAS 6.1 to WAS 8 in RAD 8

‏2011-10-31T19:27:21Z |
Hi

I am in the process to migrate the JSF project from WAS6.1 to WAS 8 in RAD8.

Our application is currently in JSF 1.0, now I am trying to migrate into JSF 1.2 in WAS8/RAD 8.

Steps I followed

1) I have created the Web Dynamic Project 2.5 in RAD 8 with Java Server Faces IBM Enhanced Project Configuration (Java 6 or JRE 1.6) (Used the My Faces default JSF implementation.)
2) Copy or imported the project.
3) Copied the new jsf-ibm.jar and odc-jsf.jar (JSF Widget Library) into WEB\Lib folder.
4) Modified the web.xml and faces-config.xml.
5) Run the application.

Got the below exception.

10/21/11 11:17:18:501 EDT 00000073 servlet E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper service SRVE0068E: An exception was thrown by one of the service methods of the servlet Faces Servlet in application cmw25ProjectEAR. Exception created : [java.lang.NullPointerException: Argument Error: One or more parameters are null.mappings null
at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.setFacesMapping(ViewHandlerImpl.java:705)
at com.ibm.ws.jsf.configuration.FacesConfigParser.initializeApplication(FacesConfigParser.java:940)
Tried with different options like below

1) Deployed the application in Web Module 2.4 with JSF 1.1 Project Configuration
2) Tried with change web.xml with different configuration.
3) Changed the web.xml Context parameters javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD from server to client.
4) Tried with IBM Migration tool.
5) Tried with apply the new pack RAD8 iFixpack1 and WAS 8.0.0.1
Got the different kind of issues like below in WAS 8

1) 10/27/11 10:52:58:448 EDT 00000024 webapp E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp logServletError SRVE0293E: Servlet Error-Faces Servlet: javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException: /jsp/workbench/CMWUserWorkbench.jspNo saved view state could be found for the view identifier: /jsp/workbench/CMWUserWorkbench.jsp
at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RestoreViewExecutor.execute(RestoreViewExecutor.java:128)
2) "Non-deferrable Alarm : 1"
3) Miss alignment issues.

Don’t know what is the right direction for this migration?

It will be very helpful, if any body know the procedure.

Thanks in Advance.
Updated on 2012-03-23T13:59:02Z at 2012-03-23T13:59:02Z by mufukuri
  • FCScottG
    FCScottG
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: JSF Project Migration Issues from WAS 6.1 to WAS 8 in RAD 8

‏2011-10-31T23:34:25Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Why not upgrade to JSF 2.0(This is the default runtime I believe WAS8 ships with)? That would be my first suggestion. I recently upgraded a JSF 1.1 websphere application to use JSF 2.0 and WAS7, and it was not terribly difficult(not "easy" either, but very doable).

If you cannot upgrade JSF try making sure the the class loader on your application is set to PARENT_LAST and choose the Sun JSF implmentation rather than Myfaces.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6420 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-04T20:51:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi

I tried with SunRI1.2 Implementation. With out any major code changes, our application is working fine with small issues.
    I made little changes in web.xml and jsps to make it work.

Currently I have one issue in Attachment Upload. There is a call from Upload Applet to Servlet and the Servlet forward the response to jsp page, that time we are getting the below exception in back end.
    11/3/11 13:37:01:356 EDT 0000005d srt E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletRequest parseParameters SRVE0133E: An error occurred while parsing parameters. {0}
    java.io.IOException: SRVE0216E: post body contains less bytes than specified by content-length
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.RequestUtils.parsePostData(RequestUtils.java:312)

Here is the code

getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(
    "/faces/jsp/offlineAttachment?fromWindow=" + fromWindow).forward(request,
    response);

Any issue in WAS 8 server? Any suggestion will be helpful ?

(As of now we didnt try with JSF 2. It may be major changes in application.)
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6420 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-03T17:32:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,

I have issues while migrating to WAS8 from WAS6.1. Could you please post the web.xml? I have issues with reading the data of Managedbean in other managed bean.

Example: FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getSessionMap().get("Other managed bean name"); return value is null.
      Appreciate your help.
      • mufukuri
        mufukuri
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-23T13:59:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi,

Did you manage to resolve the migration issue. I am facing a similar challenge with my application. I am getting the following exception:

3/23/12 12:35:15:871 CAT] 0000001b webapp E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp logServletError SRVE0293E: Servlet Error-Faces Servlet: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException
        at org.apache.myfaces.el.convert.MethodExpressionToMethodBinding.invoke(MethodExpressionToMethodBinding.java:91)
        at org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:100)
        at com.ibm.faces.webapp.RequestPhaseListener.afterPhase(RequestPhaseListener.java:101)
        at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.PhaseListenerManager.informPhaseListenersAfter(PhaseListenerManager.java:111)
        at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:185)
        at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:118)
        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:189)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1188)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:763)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:454)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:178)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.invokeTarget(WebAppFilterChain.java:125)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:92)
        at zw.co.esolutions.ebank.LoginFilter.doFilter(LoginFilter.java:219)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:192)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:89)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:919)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.invokeFilters(WebAppFilterManager.java:1016)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3703)
        /opt/IBM/WebSphere8/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/server1/SystemOut.log lines 2992-3018/3040 99%
        • pvrchowdary
          pvrchowdary
          1 Post
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-18T11:29:35Z  in response to mufukuri

Facing the same issue when trying to migrate JSF Portlet Application developed on websphere portal  V6.1 to V8.0