3 Posts

Pinned topic Problems using R though correct installation

‏2011-10-29T16:16:13Z |
Dear John,

I installed R, R Essentials and the Quantreg Bundle. When Typing

begin program R.
browse().
end program.

I don´t get any error message, so the installation seems to be OK.
When I try to run a Quantil-Regression, nothing happens. All I get to see in the viewer is the printback

SPSSINC QUANTREG DEPENDENT=Alter
ENTER=Bildung_Vater Zwischen QUANTILES = .5
/OPTIONS METHOD = BR STDERR = RANK MISSING=LISTWISE
/OPTIONS.

No error message, but no tables or reports either.

I need to fix this really urgently, can you please help me?
anks in advance,
Vera
Kind regards and th
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    396 Posts

Re: Problems using R though correct installation

‏2011-10-29T20:36:25Z  
    First, the program you ran is wrong, so you should have seen an error message.
    There is no R browse function. It would be browser().

If you are on Windows 7 or Vista, you should install the R Essentials using Run As Administrator. Please reinstall if that applies to you.

If that doesn't help, please contact Technical Support. You may need a hotfix to get this working.

Regards,
    Jon Peck
  • misskeynes
    misskeynes
    3 Posts

‏2011-10-30T10:22:29Z  
    First, the program you ran is wrong, so you should have seen an error message.
    There is no R browse function. It would be browser().

If you are on Windows 7 or Vista, you should install the R Essentials using Run As Administrator. Please reinstall if that applies to you.

If that doesn't help, please contact Technical Support. You may need a hotfix to get this working.

Regards,
    Jon Peck
    Dear Jon,

thank you so much for answering. One last question, then I´ll call technical support if it does not work: what do you mean with "Run As Administrator"?

Kind regards,
    Vera
  • misskeynes
    misskeynes
    3 Posts

‏2011-10-30T11:51:32Z  
    Dear Jon,

thank you so much for answering. One last question, then I´ll call technical support if it does not work: what do you mean with "Run As Administrator"?

Kind regards,
    Vera
    Dear Jon,

it was too easy ;-)

Thank you so much, this did not only solve my R-problem but erased a lot of questionmarks concerning "why didn´t that program work after I installed it???"

Now everything seems to work just fine, I´ll contact the support if any other questions pop up.

Have es nice week,

kind regards
    Vera
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    396 Posts

‏2011-10-30T13:33:34Z  
    Dear Jon,

Kind regards,
    Vera
    On Vista or Win7, you can right click on the setup.exe and choose Run As Administrator. The installer then has privileges that are otherwise not available and can write to directories that might otherwise not be usable.