• 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-14T20:55:53Z by DevM
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
174 Posts

Pinned topic Java API for rational synergy

‏2011-10-27T12:04:49Z |
Hi,

Does anyone know if a Java API or a web service is available for rational Synergy ?
Thanks.
Updated on 2011-10-28T11:17:58Z at 2011-10-28T11:17:58Z by SystemAdmin
  • David.Honey
    David.Honey
    176 Posts

Re: Java API for rational synergy

‏2011-10-28T11:14:16Z  
    Currently, there is no public Java API for Synergy. If you only need to read and query information, you might consider using OSLC (see http://open-services.net/ for details). If you need to perform operations that create or modify data, for automation you can use the Synergy CLI.

Regards,
    David.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    174 Posts

‏2011-10-28T11:17:58Z  
    Thanks you for your answer. So i will use the CLI.
    Bye.
  • ChristianKöpke
    ChristianKöpke
    1 Post

‏2013-10-10T15:19:33Z  

Are there any plans for a public Java API for Synergy?

Thanks.

• DevM
    DevM
    9 Posts

‏2013-10-11T19:35:35Z  
    Currently, there is no public Java API for Synergy. If you only need to read and query information, you might consider using OSLC (see http://open-services.net/ for details). If you need to perform operations that create or modify data, for automation you can use the Synergy CLI.

Regards,
    David.

Hello,

Please excuse my ignorance but what is CLI? I am currently looking for a way to display Synergy Change data (not just what you see in the normal view but related data too) in a Web browser (Read Only). I was hoping to use the Webapps extensions with javascript. Would this CLI work that way?

Thanks,

DevM

• Mike.Scharnow
    Mike.Scharnow
    56 Posts

‏2013-10-12T09:56:37Z  
    • DevM
    • ‏2013-10-11T19:35:35Z

Hello,

Please excuse my ignorance but what is CLI? I am currently looking for a way to display Synergy Change data (not just what you see in the normal view but related data too) in a Web browser (Read Only). I was hoping to use the Webapps extensions with javascript. Would this CLI work that way?

Thanks,

DevM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ibm+rational+synergy+cli   :)

No, seriously. The data that you see in IBM Rational Change is stored in an IBM Rational Synergy database.

Synergy has a command line interface (cli) that you can use to query information. This might be a convenient way to create a report that you give to your users. 

I sometimes use the Perl API of IBM Rational Change that can be used with CGI.

And OSLC might really be a solution for you, too.

But in any way, I think that you will have to start pretty much from scratch with the programming of your web page, it will probably be a long way.

• DevM
    DevM
    9 Posts

‏2013-10-14T20:53:32Z  

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ibm+rational+synergy+cli   :)

No, seriously. The data that you see in IBM Rational Change is stored in an IBM Rational Synergy database.

Synergy has a command line interface (cli) that you can use to query information. This might be a convenient way to create a report that you give to your users. 

I sometimes use the Perl API of IBM Rational Change that can be used with CGI.

And OSLC might really be a solution for you, too.

But in any way, I think that you will have to start pretty much from scratch with the programming of your web page, it will probably be a long way.

Mike,

Thanks for your suggestions. I have read the Command line interface documentation. I can't believe I didn't catch CLI as an acronym. I have written some CLI PERL Scripts already. But, that is not an option for my customer. They really want everything in a window. Something interactive, etc.

I tried to understand OSLC but the documentation was very limited and I don't have a pro on my staff that understands it well enough. I guess I'll go with your suggestion and build from the ground up.

Thanks,

DevM

• DevM
    DevM
    9 Posts

‏2013-10-14T20:55:53Z  

Are there any plans for a public Java API for Synergy?

Thanks.

Christian,

I was actually hoping the Webapps tools that come with Rational change would provide some of that functionality. But the documentation is woefully limited with no significant examples of usage. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it do anything. I'm hoping IBM will produce extended documentation in days to come.

Thanks,

DevM