• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-01-24T18:13:58Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
800 Posts

Pinned topic Export and import of WebGUI 7.3.1

‏2011-10-26T13:47:26Z |
Hi,

I would like to export and import WebGUI 7.3.1 data (especially from a development WebGUI to a productive WebGUI or vis-a-vis) to WebGUI 7.3.1.

The binary tipcli.sh could be helpful. But I didn't found many informations beside the basics on the WebGUI 7.3.1 documentation which was very short and without examples.

The following actions are interesting:

• export all data (filters, tools, collections, users, pages, maps, graphics etc. from one WebGUI (7.3.1) to import them on another WebGUI (7.3.1)

• export one map incl. all used graphics, objects and filters from one WebGUI (7.3.1) to import them on another WebGUI (7.3.1)

• export one tool incl. files (if we have an cgi-tool) from one WebGUI (7.3.1) to import them on another WebGUI (7.3.1)

Perhaps someone could provide informations.
Thanks in advance
Updated on 2012-01-24T18:13:58Z at 2012-01-24T18:13:58Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    800 Posts

Re: Export and import of WebGUI 7.3.1

‏2011-11-15T10:29:03Z  
    Hi,

The official documentation can be found here:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v8r1/topic/com.ibm.netcool_OMNIbus.doc_7.3.1/webtop/wip/task/web_adm_exportimport.html

There are samples for each plugin (commented-out blocks of lines) within the OMNIbusWebGUI_settings.properties file, located in <omnibus_webgui>. On Windows, for example: C:\\IBM\\tivoli\\netcool\\omnibus_webgui\\integration\\importexport_tool\\etc.

_To migrate 2 maps, say "Example_Europe" and "Example_Geographic"_

On the source system (web GUI 731 Development environment):

1. Define the maps to be exported, by uncomment the ExportMapPlugin.*, and provide the map names in comma separated list.

######################## Web GUI Map Import/Export settings ############# # ExportMapPlugin can be used to export any map and their related objects (map resource, filters, dependency filters and views). # The 
    "input" is a list of map names (separated by comma) without their extension # The 
    "output" is the parent directory (following the output.dir defined above) of the exported data # The 
    "waapi" option exports a file to be used with waapi command 

for 

import # E.g. ExportMapPlugin.waapi=

true # For import, the 
    "input" is the parent directory (following the output.dir defined above) of the exported data # E.g. ImportMapPlugin.input=mapExport ######################################################################### ExportMapPlugin.input=Example_Europe,Example_Geographic ExportMapPlugin.output=mapExport #ImportMapPlugin.input=mapExport

2. Execute the tipcli Export command as per document
    3. data.zip is created
    4. FTP the data.zip to target system (production environment)

On the target system (Web GUI 731 Production environment):

5. Define the maps to be imported, by uncomment the ImportMapPlugin.*, to import all maps previously exported.

######################## Web GUI Map Import/Export settings ############# # ExportMapPlugin can be used to export any map and their related objects (map resource, filters, dependency filters and views). # The 
    "input" is a list of map names (separated by comma) without their extension # The 
    "output" is the parent directory (following the output.dir defined above) of the exported data # The 
    "waapi" option exports a file to be used with waapi command 

for 

import # E.g. ExportMapPlugin.waapi=

true # For import, the 
    "input" is the parent directory (following the output.dir defined above) of the exported data # E.g. ImportMapPlugin.input=mapExport ######################################################################### #ExportMapPlugin.input=Example_Europe,Example_Geographic #ExportMapPlugin.output=mapExport ImportMapPlugin.input=mapExport

6. Execute tipcli Import as per document
    7. The maps would be added or replaced (if previously exist)
    8. Depending on the type of file(s) being imported, restart of TIP/Web GUI server may be required.

Hope this helps.

PS. If you still specifically need help on export/import. Then please provide the type/location of files (smartpages or charts) or Web GUI objects (e.g filters or tools).
  • ThomasE
    ThomasE
    2 Posts

‏2011-11-18T13:09:13Z  
    Hi,

thank you for your response. I'm the collegue of Uwe and I tried your suggestions. I have defined some Maps with graphics, two pages with the maps within a new folder, a filter, a menu and a tool. I did the export with the following parameters:
    # TE: export menu and tools only
    ExportWebGUIPlugin.input=etc/configstore
    ExportWebGUIPlugin.output=webGUIExport
    # TE: Export Map Ts_event-overview with all views and filters
    ExportMapPlugin.input=Ts_event-overview
    ExportMapPlugin.output=mapExport

I changed to another server with a new installed WebGUI and wanted to import the Maps first with the following parameter:
    ImportMapPlugin.input=mapExport

This worked without problems. After that, I tried to import my filter and view by adding the following parameter:
    ImportWebGUIPlugin.input=webGUIExport

Than I got a lot of error messages (see log "2. Import") even after changing back the property file back to status before and tried again (see log "3. Import"). The error messages looks like
    "SEVERE: backup file does not exist:
    /opt/IBM/tivoli/tip/tipv2/profiles/TIPProfile/backups/ESSServerImportPlugin.zip.backup.1"
    Because this is not the "default backup" directory as described in properties file, I tried to import the data after adding the parameter
    BackupDir /opt/IBM/tivoli/tip/omnibus_webgui/backup
    But still the same problem: A lot of error messages (see log "4. Import")

I assumed that the problems comes from using the same data.zip all the time. So I went back to the "original" server, changed and added some maps, filters, views and pages, made an export with the following parameters:

But the import of this file also didn't work (see log "5. Import")!

It really looks like only first import works. No further import!

Is there anything else I have to pay attention?

Thomas

Attachments

• ThomasE
    ThomasE
    2 Posts

‏2011-11-18T13:42:33Z  
    • ThomasE
    • ‏2011-11-18T13:09:13Z
    Hi,

thank you for your response. I'm the collegue of Uwe and I tried your suggestions. I have defined some Maps with graphics, two pages with the maps within a new folder, a filter, a menu and a tool. I did the export with the following parameters:
    # TE: export menu and tools only
    ExportWebGUIPlugin.input=etc/configstore
    ExportWebGUIPlugin.output=webGUIExport
    # TE: Export Map Ts_event-overview with all views and filters

I changed to another server with a new installed WebGUI and wanted to import the Maps first with the following parameter:
    ImportMapPlugin.input=mapExport

This worked without problems. After that, I tried to import my filter and view by adding the following parameter:
    ImportWebGUIPlugin.input=webGUIExport

Than I got a lot of error messages (see log "2. Import") even after changing back the property file back to status before and tried again (see log "3. Import"). The error messages looks like
    "SEVERE: backup file does not exist:
    /opt/IBM/tivoli/tip/tipv2/profiles/TIPProfile/backups/ESSServerImportPlugin.zip.backup.1"
    Because this is not the "default backup" directory as described in properties file, I tried to import the data after adding the parameter
    BackupDir /opt/IBM/tivoli/tip/omnibus_webgui/backup
    But still the same problem: A lot of error messages (see log "4. Import")

I assumed that the problems comes from using the same data.zip all the time. So I went back to the "original" server, changed and added some maps, filters, views and pages, made an export with the following parameters:

But the import of this file also didn't work (see log "5. Import")!

It really looks like only first import works. No further import!

Is there anything else I have to pay attention?

Thomas
    Hi,

one additional information to my last post: After restarting TIP, I see all the changed maps, views, tools...

So: can I ignore the error messages?

Thomas
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    800 Posts

‏2012-01-24T18:13:58Z  
    Is this method using WAAPI or something specific to 7.3.1?
    I'm having 730 and waapi is not working. Any idea how to export WebGUI configs? Thanks!

Regards,
    Abhishek