• 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-10-28T13:27:30Z by aryan_raj
aryan_raj
aryan_raj
67 Posts

Pinned topic Admin Exception

‏2011-10-25T07:30:47Z |
Hi All,
I am new to WPF, just created a project and while selecting a server configuration, selected portal server's application server - WebSphere_Portal. When I do a test connection, its say that the inputs are ok.
While publishing the application, I am getting the below exception in the designer,

A server AdminException has been caught while trying to install your application on the server.Check that your server configuration information is correct, your server is started and properly installed and configured.
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to tunnel though proxy.Proxy returns "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden"
Updated on 2011-10-28T13:27:30Z at 2011-10-28T13:27:30Z by aryan_raj
  • aryan_raj
    aryan_raj
    67 Posts

Re: Admin Exception

‏2011-10-25T07:35:22Z  
    I was trying to publish the application on a local server.
  • mburati
    mburati
    425 Posts

‏2011-10-25T13:07:34Z  
    • aryan_raj
    • ‏2011-10-25T07:35:22Z
    I was trying to publish the application on a local server.
    I haven't heard of that particular issue before, and I'm sure Kevin will have more insight into where that issue might be occurring in the flow, but here are some questions/tips that might help you or someone here track this down more quickly:

- What version of WPF/WEF (including fixpack level) are you using?
    - Are you using the Eclipse that comes with WPF/WEF installer or an existing Eclipse or RAD that may have some type of proxy config set up?
    - What are the inputs you used for your server config?

- You're trying to publish directly to a local portal server (eg, on port 10039 with soap port 10025) with your server configuration, and not through an IBM HTTP Server proxy, right? I don't know if publish is supported through an IBM HTTP server proxy, as its meant more for a dev portal test server not to publish/deploy to a production environment set up with proxy(ies) / clustering.

- If you start Designer Eclipse with -debug -console do you see any more information about the error in the command console window that it leaves open when this error occurs?
    - Look for additional project publish error information in your project's WEB-INF/logs folder?

I hope this info helps,
    ..mb1
  • kevintap
    kevintap
    111 Posts

‏2011-10-25T16:41:26Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2011-10-25T13:07:34Z
    I haven't heard of that particular issue before, and I'm sure Kevin will have more insight into where that issue might be occurring in the flow, but here are some questions/tips that might help you or someone here track this down more quickly:

- What version of WPF/WEF (including fixpack level) are you using?
    - Are you using the Eclipse that comes with WPF/WEF installer or an existing Eclipse or RAD that may have some type of proxy config set up?
    - What are the inputs you used for your server config?

- You're trying to publish directly to a local portal server (eg, on port 10039 with soap port 10025) with your server configuration, and not through an IBM HTTP Server proxy, right? I don't know if publish is supported through an IBM HTTP server proxy, as its meant more for a dev portal test server not to publish/deploy to a production environment set up with proxy(ies) / clustering.

- If you start Designer Eclipse with -debug -console do you see any more information about the error in the command console window that it leaves open when this error occurs?
    - Look for additional project publish error information in your project's WEB-INF/logs folder?

I hope this info helps,
    ..mb1
    I'd suggest reading the following article on the wiki http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/Diagnosing_JMX_publishing_problems_with_WebSphere_Portlet_Factory for more details. The JMX publish process that we use involves making an initial connection to the app server using the configured host name - in your case "localhost". Then after this initial connection is made, the JMX client (WEF designer) must reconnect to the app server using the WAS configured hostname (the hostname defined in your serverindex.xml file).

I suspect that you have configured Eclipse to use a proxy server and probably configured your non-proxy hosts property to include "localhost". However, if your non-proxy hosts does not also include the WAS configured hostname, then the second connection attempt will be made through your proxy server.

I'd suggest doing a couple of things here. First, make sure that the WAS configured hostname is mapped to 127.0.0.1 (the local loopback addr) in your OS's hosts file. Second, make sure that the WAS configured hostname is contained in the non-proxy hosts property for Eclipse.
  • aryan_raj
    aryan_raj
    67 Posts

‏2011-10-26T06:07:31Z  
    • kevintap
    • ‏2011-10-25T16:41:26Z
    I'd suggest reading the following article on the wiki http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/Diagnosing_JMX_publishing_problems_with_WebSphere_Portlet_Factory for more details. The JMX publish process that we use involves making an initial connection to the app server using the configured host name - in your case "localhost". Then after this initial connection is made, the JMX client (WEF designer) must reconnect to the app server using the WAS configured hostname (the hostname defined in your serverindex.xml file).

I suspect that you have configured Eclipse to use a proxy server and probably configured your non-proxy hosts property to include "localhost". However, if your non-proxy hosts does not also include the WAS configured hostname, then the second connection attempt will be made through your proxy server.

I'd suggest doing a couple of things here. First, make sure that the WAS configured hostname is mapped to 127.0.0.1 (the local loopback addr) in your OS's hosts file. Second, make sure that the WAS configured hostname is contained in the non-proxy hosts property for Eclipse.
    Thank you the quick responses, will check the things given by kevin and come back. I am posting here the information asked by mburati,

WPF version : 6.1.5
    Portal version : 6.1.0.1
    I am using eclipse that comes with portlet factory designer, below are the inputs for server configuration,
    Server host : localhost
    SOAP port : 10034
    User name and password.

/WEB-INF/logs has the same error.
  • aryan_raj
    aryan_raj
    67 Posts

‏2011-10-27T07:30:15Z  
    • aryan_raj
    • ‏2011-10-26T06:07:31Z
    Thank you the quick responses, will check the things given by kevin and come back. I am posting here the information asked by mburati,

WPF version : 6.1.5
    Portal version : 6.1.0.1
    I am using eclipse that comes with portlet factory designer, below are the inputs for server configuration,
    Server host : localhost
    SOAP port : 10034
    User name and password.

/WEB-INF/logs has the same error.
    Thanks Kevin, working now.
    Added the WAS hostname to proxy list of eclipse.
  • aryan_raj
    aryan_raj
    67 Posts

‏2011-10-27T08:07:21Z  
    • aryan_raj
    • ‏2011-10-27T07:30:15Z
    Thanks Kevin, working now.
    Added the WAS hostname to proxy list of eclipse.
    Was able to publish the application to the portal server, it worked.
    But when I try to publish it again, I am getting the below message in the problems section of designer,

An error occurred while trying to synchronize the project WTry with the published application: HTTP error code received 404 Not Found
  • aryan_raj
    aryan_raj
    67 Posts

‏2011-10-27T08:08:10Z  
    Admin exception is gone, but facing problem with publishing.
  • kevintap
    kevintap
    111 Posts

‏2011-10-27T14:14:09Z  
    • aryan_raj
    • ‏2011-10-27T08:07:21Z
    Was able to publish the application to the portal server, it worked.
    But when I try to publish it again, I am getting the below message in the problems section of designer,

An error occurred while trying to synchronize the project WTry with the published application: HTTP error code received 404 Not Found
    Some of your information doesn't correlate properly. The error message that you have provided here "An error occurred while trying to synchronize..." is part of a new feature introduced in WPF 7.0. However, in your previous post, you indicated that you're running WPF 6.1.5. Can you confirm which version of WPF you're using?

To correct the HTTP 404 errors received from the http synchronize option in WPF 7.0 and newer, there was a defect which was corrected in the 7.0.0.2 fixpack. Prior to the fix, we were attempting to synchronize too many files to the running application on the app server, which would sometimes cause the app server to automatically restart the application. During the restart of the application, the synchronize process would receive 404 errors from the app server since the application was temporarily unavailable.

So, you should update to at least the 7.0.0.2 fixpack. If you're just getting started on a new project, then I'd recommend obtaining the newest version of WPF (WEF) available. Currently, this is 7.0.1.2.
  • aryan_raj
    aryan_raj
    67 Posts

‏2011-10-28T13:27:30Z  
    • kevintap
    • ‏2011-10-27T14:14:09Z
    Some of your information doesn't correlate properly. The error message that you have provided here "An error occurred while trying to synchronize..." is part of a new feature introduced in WPF 7.0. However, in your previous post, you indicated that you're running WPF 6.1.5. Can you confirm which version of WPF you're using?

To correct the HTTP 404 errors received from the http synchronize option in WPF 7.0 and newer, there was a defect which was corrected in the 7.0.0.2 fixpack. Prior to the fix, we were attempting to synchronize too many files to the running application on the app server, which would sometimes cause the app server to automatically restart the application. During the restart of the application, the synchronize process would receive 404 errors from the app server since the application was temporarily unavailable.

So, you should update to at least the 7.0.0.2 fixpack. If you're just getting started on a new project, then I'd recommend obtaining the newest version of WPF (WEF) available. Currently, this is 7.0.1.2.
    Sorry for the wrong info, yes you are right this HTTP error issue is on WPF 7, the admin exception issue is solved.
    Actually I am working on two different machines, one has WPF 6.1.5, the other one has 7 on it.
    Once again thanks Kevin for the help.