5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-30T06:27:41Z by DipakDabhi
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
203 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Enhanced BIRCH clustering algorithm

‏2011-10-20T07:54:12Z |
Hello

Can anyone give me some example scenarios where the Enhanced BIRCH clustering algorithm is more suitable than Kohonen clustering?

Thank you very much.
Updated on 2011-10-20T10:33:07Z at 2011-10-20T10:33:07Z by SystemAdmin
  • M._Haide
    M._Haide
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Enhanced BIRCH clustering algorithm

‏2011-10-20T09:37:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    If you have a table with many categorical values the Enhanced Birch algorithm creates better models. If you have only numerical values you are probably fine with Kohonen clustering.
    Regards,

Michael
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      203 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-20T10:33:07Z  in response to M._Haide
      Let's try with it.

Many thanks
  • DipakDabhi
    DipakDabhi
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-30T06:23:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hello Sir...

I am working on BIRCH Clustering algorithm. but sir i am unable to understand  how BIRCH  algorithm is work. all Research paper provide only overview of BIRCH algorithm work. and also how it implement are not given.

I want to modify BIRCH clustering Splitting algorithm with density based Splitting. So can you please help  me to understand  basic BIRCH clustering working  and implementation.

my email id: dipak07ce011@gmail.com

Very thanks in advance.

• DipakDabhi
    DipakDabhi
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-30T06:24:06Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hello Sir...

I am working on BIRCH Clustering algorithm. but sir i am unable to understand  how BIRCH  algorithm is work. all Research paper provide only overview of BIRCH algorithm work. and also how it implement are not given.

I want to modify BIRCH clustering Splitting algorithm with density based Splitting. So can you please help  me to understand  basic BIRCH clustering working  and implementation.

Very thanks in advance.

• DipakDabhi
    DipakDabhi
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Help Regarding BIRCH clustering algorithm

‏2013-10-30T06:27:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hello Sir...

Very thanks in advance.