• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-30T06:27:41Z by DipakDabhi
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
203 Posts

Pinned topic Enhanced BIRCH clustering algorithm

‏2011-10-20T07:54:12Z |
Hello

Can anyone give me some example scenarios where the Enhanced BIRCH clustering algorithm is more suitable than Kohonen clustering?

Thank you very much.
Updated on 2011-10-20T10:33:07Z at 2011-10-20T10:33:07Z by SystemAdmin
  • M._Haide
    M._Haide
    6 Posts

Re: Enhanced BIRCH clustering algorithm

‏2011-10-20T09:37:11Z  
    If you have a table with many categorical values the Enhanced Birch algorithm creates better models. If you have only numerical values you are probably fine with Kohonen clustering.
    Regards,

Michael
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    203 Posts

‏2011-10-20T10:33:07Z  
    • M._Haide
    • ‏2011-10-20T09:37:11Z
    If you have a table with many categorical values the Enhanced Birch algorithm creates better models. If you have only numerical values you are probably fine with Kohonen clustering.
    Regards,

Michael
    Let's try with it.

Many thanks
  • DipakDabhi
    DipakDabhi
    3 Posts

‏2013-10-30T06:23:37Z  

Hello Sir...

I am working on BIRCH Clustering algorithm. but sir i am unable to understand  how BIRCH  algorithm is work. all Research paper provide only overview of BIRCH algorithm work. and also how it implement are not given.

I want to modify BIRCH clustering Splitting algorithm with density based Splitting. So can you please help  me to understand  basic BIRCH clustering working  and implementation.

my email id: dipak07ce011@gmail.com

Very thanks in advance.

• DipakDabhi
    DipakDabhi
    3 Posts

‏2013-10-30T06:24:06Z  

Hello Sir...

I am working on BIRCH Clustering algorithm. but sir i am unable to understand  how BIRCH  algorithm is work. all Research paper provide only overview of BIRCH algorithm work. and also how it implement are not given.

I want to modify BIRCH clustering Splitting algorithm with density based Splitting. So can you please help  me to understand  basic BIRCH clustering working  and implementation.

Very thanks in advance.

• DipakDabhi
    DipakDabhi
    3 Posts

Help Regarding BIRCH clustering algorithm

‏2013-10-30T06:27:41Z  

Hello Sir...

Very thanks in advance.