• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-14T07:13:34Z by gourav760
PavelHeidrich
PavelHeidrich
2 Posts

Pinned topic TSM Admin Center installation fails

‏2011-10-14T14:26:00Z |
Hello,

I have been struggling already two days with a stupid error while installing the TSM Administration Center on Centos 6 (64 bit). I tried every single suggestion I found on the web, but still no success.

TSM Server 6.2 installs alright after fulfilling all the requirements (in particular after installing the 32 bit version of libstdc++.so.5 and libstdc++.so.6). The error arises while installing 6.2.2.0-TIV-TSMAC-Linuxx86.bin, at the very end of the installation.

/var/tivoli/tsm/Tivoli_Storage_Manager_Administration_Center_InstallLog.log says:

Deployement Plan execution general failure:
Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - The Deployement Plan Execution failed.
Custom Action: com.ibm.ac.coi.ext.ia.plugin.COIProcessPlan
Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - class com.ibm.ac.coi.ext.ia.plugin.COIProcessPlan
FatalInstallException: The Deployment Plan Execution Failed.

/var/tivoli/tsm/log.txt says:

SEVERE : Raw Exception in DeploymentPlanProcessor.process(INSTALL): COIEventType.ERROR reported (from com.ibm.ac.coi.ext.ia.COIWrapperP
luginImpl.install)
FINER : THROW (from com.ibm.ac.coi.ext.ia.COIWrapperPluginImpl.install)
Caused by: com.ibm.ac.coi.ext.ia.COIWrapperException: COIEventType.ERROR reported
at: com.ibm.ac.coi.ext.ia.COIWrapperPluginImpl$SimpleListener.eventOccurred(COIWrapperPluginImpl.java:121)
at: com.ibm.ac.coi.impl.COIRuntimeImpl.notifyListener(COIRuntimeImpl.java:226)
at: java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)
Caused by: com.ibm.ac.coi.api.exception.DeploymentPlanExecutionException: One or more Machine Plans within the DeploymentPlan f
ailed. Failure count = 1
at: com.ibm.ac.coi.impl.utils.ParallelPlanListener.eventOccurred(ParallelPlanListener.java:92)
at: java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

I tried installing TSM Administration Center 6.3 as well (6.3.0.0-TIV-TSMAC-Linuxx86.bin). The error is the same.
I tried installing openmotif22-2.2.3-19.el6.x86_64 and openmotif22-2.2.3-19.el6.i686.
I tried placing the installation images into short path /tsmac - see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21441038.

Thanks for any advice!

Pavel
Updated on 2012-08-14T07:13:34Z at 2012-08-14T07:13:34Z by gourav760
  • DanGiles
    DanGiles
    2 Posts

Re: TSM Admin Center installation fails

‏2011-10-25T18:48:47Z  
    All the errors appear to be generated from java. (It's unfortunate IBM is going this route -- p.i.t.a!) The Admin Center should be installing its own version of Java, but if you have another version already installed it may be interfering. Try de-installing any Java you already have installed.

Also make sure you follow all pre-requesits and the install instructions to a 'T', 'cause this thing is EXTREMELY finicky! Before trying the install again, make sure everything around the failed install is completely removed.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1188 Posts

‏2011-11-02T10:54:54Z  
    Hello Pavel,
    Check that you have installed the "ksh" package. For TSMAC 6.3 (on CentOS and other RedHat Enterprise Linux variants) you need to "tweak" your /etc/redhat-release to look like something like this:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.1 (Carbon)

since some installation scripts parse this file splitting it with the "space" character and look for the OS version in the 7th field .

I successfully installed TSMAC 6.3 on Scientific Linux 6.1 (it's slightly up-to-date than CentOS 6).

Bye,
    Alessandro
  • gourav760
    gourav760
    1 Post

‏2012-08-14T07:13:34Z  
    hiiiii..
    I was installing Tsm Administrator v6.3 On Tsm Monitoring on window server 2008. But i always get The Error..
    Setting $IAGLOBAL_ENABLE_OPTIONAL_UNINSTALL_PRECHECK$ to true
    ip.getVariable($IAGLOBAL_ENABLE_OPTIONAL_UNINSTALL_PRECHECK$): true

Thanks...