• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-03-05T14:20:27Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
254 Posts

Pinned topic VeniceBridgeServices, ICIAdminTool and SSL Certificates

‏2011-10-13T11:05:45Z |
Hi ICI-Gurus,

I am currently developing a new ICI connector to integrate a actually non ICI-supported SER Doxis repository system into ICI.
We are running the ICI 8.5.1.1 on Linux SLES 10 Environment.

The access to the respository is configured to use a ssl connection (Port 443).

I am asking myself now how I should set up the ICI environment or respectively the VeniceBridgeService or do I have to set up a SSL configuration at all and if yes how.

The web client application which uses a remote ConfigurationServer and ICISessionPool is running within a Websphere AS v7 ND and I think I am able to manage this site to configure the SSL support respectively install the X509 certificate.

Any help is really appreciated
Regards

Thomas
Updated on 2012-03-05T14:20:27Z at 2012-03-05T14:20:27Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    254 Posts

Re: VeniceBridgeServices, ICIAdminTool and SSL Certificates

‏2011-10-13T18:29:44Z  
    Hi Thomas,

My thought is that it depends entirely on the custom connector side and nothing on the ICI side would prevent it from working. I guess it will involve installing certificates to make them available to your connector RMI bridge JVM. That would be one path to investigate.

I don't think you need to install certificates on the web client or VBR services sides because the ICI repository communication does not happen there.

Mei
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    254 Posts

‏2011-10-17T10:12:36Z  
    Hi Mei,

thank you for your respond. I will finish the connector development and will come back on this thread as soon as possible.

Once again thanks for pointing me in this direction.

Regards
    • Thomas
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    254 Posts

‏2012-03-05T14:20:27Z  
    Hi Mei,

thank you for your respond. I will finish the connector development and will come back on this thread as soon as possible.

Once again thanks for pointing me in this direction.

Regards
    • Thomas
    Hi Folks,

I am back ;)

Just want to clean up things here.

With Meis' idea I was able to get the ICI communication running using
    SSL Certificate.

First you have to create your keystore with the imported certs. If have done
    that you have to specify those informations (using ssl communication und the keystore) within your

RMIBridge.sh

configuration e.g.

-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/opt/IBM/ContentIntegrator/keystore/.keystore \ -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=changeit

and also don't forget to specify these information within

VeniceBridgeServices.sh

That's it.
    Regards

Thomas