Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-17T17:18:12Z by brcowan
Shrutika
Shrutika
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Clearcase error

‏2011-10-12T15:46:07Z |
Hi, I have installed ClearCase 7.1.1.0 on my machine. When I try creating a view I get this error The network share does not exist Please verify that you have entered the correct name, and that the directory is currently being shared

Can anyone help me out
Updated on 2011-10-18T09:30:57Z at 2011-10-18T09:30:57Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    47293 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Clearcase error

‏2011-10-12T15:56:51Z  in response to Shrutika
    Shrutika wrote:
    > When I try creating a view I get this error The network share does not exist

Try the command:

net share

from a Windows cmd prompt.
    I don't know (because you didn't tell) how exeactly you create your view, but this may involve e.g. a 'storage location' which uses a 'network share', and assume this one is defined.
    Check maybe (again, on the command line):

cleartool lsstgloc -view

Marc
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      47293 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-12T16:01:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Marc wrote:
      > I don't know (because you didn't tell) how exactly you create your view,
      > but this may involve e.g. a 'storage location' which uses a 'network share'

Another possibility maybe, would be that you'd have the following environment variable defined:

CCASE_GPATH_HINTS

Never used it myself. Found it recently in:

ct man env_ccase

Marc
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        47293 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-12T16:08:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Marc wrote:
        > Never used it myself.

To be honest, I don't understand how to use it...

H:\>echo %CCASE_GPATH_HINTS% \\EV68B599EABE1A\CC_STG\emagiro   H:\>cleartool mkview -tag emagiro_tst emagiro_tst.vws cleartool: Error: storage directory must be in UNC style (e.g. \\host\share\...)

And by the way:

H:\>net share cc_stg Share name        CC_STG Path              C:\CC_STG Remark Maximum users     No limit Users Caching           Manual caching of documents Permission        Everyone, READ   The command completed successfully.

Marc
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          47293 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-18T08:03:28Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Clearcase view prefer UNC path which is is

\\yourshostname\viewstorage\yourviewname.vws

So, Create a directory first and then share it for your self atleast with full previlege. Then give the path while creating view as mentioned above format

Thanks
          Bala
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            47293 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-18T09:30:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Bala wrote:
            > So, Create a directory first and then share it for your self

You reply to a message in which I was wondering about the use of the CCASE_GPATH_HINTS environment variable.
            In what way did your reply relate to this question?

Marc
  • FCG6_sneha_bate
    FCG6_sneha_bate
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-16T12:37:33Z  in response to Shrutika

Hi All,

I am getting the same error.

When I try creating a view I get this error : "The network share does not exist Please verify that you have entered the correct name", and that the directory is currently being shared.

I have installed ClearCase 7.1 on windows XP SP1.

Can anyone help me out on this.

Attachments

• tcassid
    tcassid
    20 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-16T18:33:19Z  in response to Shrutika

What is the exact command that you are using to create a view?

FCG6_sneha_bate, I see that you do not have any ClearCase storage locations.  I would first make \\D8\CCViews a share, with the CC Administrators group having Full Control in both the security permissions as well as share permissions.

Once that is done you can use the ct mkstgloc command to create the storage location or use the Storage Location Wizard.  This will ensure that the share is configured properly.

• brcowan
    brcowan
    727 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-17T17:18:12Z  in response to Shrutika

Well, since this is in the ClearCase view creation wizard, and you're using the explicit storage path option, the next step wouldd be to run:

net view \\D8

And see what kind of message you get back. If you get a list of shares, and that list does not include "CCViews" then that is the problem.

I'm pretty sure that there are no registered view locations since there is nothing listed in the greyed-out list above it in the screen capture.