I have ITMv6.2.2 setup and moving to ITCAM for Applications http, DB2, WAS and SOA, will follow the below steps
1. Install ITCAM Applicatins support to Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server
2. Add application support (itmcmd support -t tems_name ht ud ...)
3. Install ITCAM Applicatins support to Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server (Is this step required/necessary ?)
4. Re configuring of Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server (Is this step required/necessary ?)
5. Add Agents to the Depot in Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server
6. Remote Depoloyment of Agents http, DB2, WAS and SOA ( or is it require to manually install and configure agents on target boxes)
tacmd addSystem -t ht -n httpnode:LZ
tacmd addSystem -t ud -n DBnode:LZ
tacmd addSystem -t yn -n WASnode:LZ
tacmd addSystem -t d4 -n SOAnode:LZ
7. Is it require to configure data collector for the above applications or default will be used
please answer the above queries
This topic has been locked.
Pinned topic ITCAM for Applications configuration
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
gulfsoft 1000008G2Y20 Posts
Re: ITCAM for Applications configuration2011-10-10T19:58:14ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.3. Yes, this is always necessary so that the data is displayed correctly in any TEP client that is being used to access the data (web, Java WebStart or desktop).
4. Yes, always required when new application support is added to the TEPS.
6. You can deploy them remotely, but additional configuration will be required - see the Agent User's Guide for each agent to see exactly what is required.
7. See the answer to #6 above. Basically, yes, you'll have to configure the agents - there are no default values that actually work.
vasanthakumara 2700008XGF2 Posts
Re: ITCAM for Applications configuration2011-10-11T06:05:13ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Thanks Frank for the answers