Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-11-02T00:06:42Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
217 Posts

Pinned topic Error through WebSphere Portal using Mashup RDS-ERR-1052 The drill request

‏2011-10-06T11:21:41Z |
Hello All,

I created some reports in Mashup and they originally worked OK. Since deploying a new build with updates from other systems I am now no longer able to run a report on 1st instance. The HTTP Server reports back a 500 error and when I check the logs - Cognos comes back with RDS-ERR-1052 The drill request was invalid.

If I try to run the same report for a 2nd time - it loads OK.
Has anyone encountered this error before ? I dont even get as far as the report loading so drill have has not even started. I redeployed an old ear file and report zip file and the problem persists - so I think the problem is a corrupt Cognos Installation but I dont know for sure and I dont know where to look.
Error from Cognos
192.168.1.15:9082 14399 2011-10-03 11:49:47.311 -5 WebContainer : 2 CCS 4707 1 Audit.rds.CCS rest reportDataService Failure <messages><message><messageString>RDS-ERR-1052 The drill request was invalid.</messageString></message> <trace>com.cognos.ccs.exceptions.CCSGeneralException: DRILL_REQUEST_ERROR at com.cognos.ccs.content.Cognos8ContentProvider.beginDrill(Unknown Source) at com.cognos.ccs.content.Cognos8ContentProvider.checkDataStatus(Unknown Source) at com.cognos.ccs.service.command.SessionOutputCommand.checkStatus(Unknown Source) at com.cognos.ccs.service.command.SessionOutputCommand.performRestAction(Unknown Source) at
Thanks in advance
Updated on 2011-11-02T00:06:42Z at 2011-11-02T00:06:42Z by SystemAdmin
  • BirajSaha
    BirajSaha
    11 Posts

Re: Error through WebSphere Portal using Mashup RDS-ERR-1052 The drill request

‏2011-10-06T14:05:31Z  
    Hi, I did a quick check thru the code for RDS-ERR-1052 and unfortunately it can occur for many reasons ... can you please specify versions of the various product installations you're using, as well as to which versions you're upgrading to? ie. clarification on "deploying a new build with updates from other systems". Also, can you possibly clarify further on "corrupt Cognos installation"? Thanks.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    217 Posts

‏2011-10-11T21:38:42Z  
    • BirajSaha
    • ‏2011-10-06T14:05:31Z
    Hi, I did a quick check thru the code for RDS-ERR-1052 and unfortunately it can occur for many reasons ... can you please specify versions of the various product installations you're using, as well as to which versions you're upgrading to? ie. clarification on "deploying a new build with updates from other systems". Also, can you possibly clarify further on "corrupt Cognos installation"? Thanks.
    I am using Cognos 10.0.1
    This is a new installation and not an upgrade. I used to only get these errors on drill down, but now i get them when I initially load the report. I dont actually know if it is a corrupt installation. I have not updated the reports, so the reports have not changed over the last couple of weeks that would have caused the error to appear. Also, the model has not changed, thats why I mentioned a corrupt installation, but I have not got a clue !
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    217 Posts

‏2011-10-11T21:38:44Z  
    • BirajSaha
    • ‏2011-10-06T14:05:31Z
    I am using Cognos 10.0.1
    This is a new installation and not an upgrade. I used to only get these errors on drill down, but now i get them when I initially load the report. I dont actually know if it is a corrupt installation. I have not updated the reports, so the reports have not changed over the last couple of weeks that would have caused the error to appear. Also, the model has not changed, thats why I mentioned a corrupt installation, but I have not got a clue !
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    217 Posts

‏2011-11-02T00:06:42Z  
    I am using Cognos 10.0.1
    As an update this is a known issue in Cognos 10.1.0 and is fixed in 10.1.1