Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-10-06T20:21:39Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
17917 Posts

Pinned topic db2 V9.7 header files on Linux non ./db2setup install

‏2011-10-06T06:26:24Z |
I'm in need of the db2 V9.7 header files for Linux. I have searched for the solution to this via google and the forums (maybe I used the wrong search terms?), but still find the solutions tending to use the GUI, or via the data client, which is not what I'm trying to do.

I downloaded Db2 9.7 .tar for Linux 32-bit and installed Db2 on a server, non-gui so ./db2setup (and doing custom install) is out of the question as far as I know (CentOS 5.6) (No GUI, so i did it via ./db2_install). Is there a way to install the header files from the db2 server install via an extra argument I'm unaware of, or do I have to get the client software also just to install the header files?

Your answers to this are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Justin
  • DavidWAdler
    DavidWAdler
    14 Posts

Re: db2 V9.7 header files on Linux non ./db2setup install

‏2011-10-06T11:09:10Z  
    When you run ./db2_install, doesn't it show the options to install SERVER, CLIENT, RTCL?

Although I haven't done this, I would think that CLIENT would include these files.

You should also be able to set up a response file to use with db2setup in non-GUI mode.
    ./db2setup -r mysetup.rsp
  • DavidWAdler
    DavidWAdler
    14 Posts

‏2011-10-06T12:20:00Z  
    When you run ./db2_install, doesn't it show the options to install SERVER, CLIENT, RTCL?

Although I haven't done this, I would think that CLIENT would include these files.

You should also be able to set up a response file to use with db2setup in non-GUI mode.
    ./db2setup -r mysetup.rsp
    See the install documentation for response files at
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r7/topic/com.ibm.db2.luw.qb.server.doc/doc/c0007502.html

You need the component APPLICATION_DEVELOPMENT_TOOLS
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    17917 Posts

‏2011-10-06T20:21:39Z  
    Thanks, I eventually got the header files on there, and my PHP and C apps are working great.