I have installed Websphere Application server 7.0 and i have upgraded to 126.96.36.199 using update installer.
I also have installed windows installer manager 1.4 and have been able to import WAS 7 successfully.
My problem is after downloading the latest feature pack for OSGI and JPA2.0 and adding the location to my preference
i get the error below
No updates or fixes were found for the packages that are installed in the selected locations
i also tried this
C:\was70repositories\ariesjpa_and_import_repositories\local-repositories\ariesjpa\repository.config but still have the same
Can anyone please help on this?
This topic has been locked.
5 replies Latest Post - 2012-11-26T14:21:43Z by sutter
Pinned topic Issues while installing Feature Pack for OSGI AND JPA 2.0
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2012-11-26T14:21:43Z at 2012-11-26T14:21:43Z by sutter
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK45 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Issues while installing Feature Pack for OSGI AND JPA 2.02011-10-06T11:53:37Z in response to logzyyHi logzyy,
I attempted to reproduce your problem and I couldn't so I want to make sure I understand exactly how you are
encountering this problem. Here is what I'm doing.
1) Installing WebSphere Network Deployment 188.8.131.52 on Windows
2) Installed 184.108.40.206 Application Server and SDK fixpacks.
3) Downloaded OSGI and JPA 2.0 Feature Pack from Passport Advantage.
4) Downloaded the latest 220.127.116.11 Import Repository from here: ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/websphere/downloads/was/import/was.7.0.import.zip
5) Unzipped the was7.0.import.zip file.
6) Configured the IM repository to point to the was7.0.import unziped directory. In my example D:\Users\Downloads\WebSphere70\70019sync\repository.config
7) From the IM main menu, clicked on Import and selected my WAS ND installation and the import was successful.
8) Next, configured the IM repository to include the JPA 2.0 and OSGI Feature pack. In my example
9) From the IM main menu, clicked on Install and I was able to select the feature pack.
Can you reply back with exactly what you are doing along with this information:
1) IM version that is being used. Start the IM GUI and go to Help -> About IBM Installation Manager.
2) WebSphere edition that you are using. Run versionInfo.bat|sh from the <WebSphere Install Root>\bin directory.
3) When you say latest feature pack for OSGI and JPA 2.0 what does this mean. Is this the 18.104.22.168 code base or a feature pack fixed pack?
Let me know if your steps are different and if yes, how?
isa30 110000NJNP1 PostACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Issues while installing Feature Pack for OSGI AND JPA 2.02012-03-19T06:44:55Z in response to SystemAdminI have the same problem
1) IM version that is being used: -> 1.5.2
2) WebSphere edition that you are using. -> IBM WebSphere Application Server - ND 22.214.171.124
3) When you say latest feature pack for OSGI and JPA 2.0 what does this mean. Is this the 126.96.36.199 code base or a feature pack fixed pack? --> The code base: http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/websphere/repositories/ariesjpa/repository.config
I keep getting a message saying the Installation Manager cannot find any package to install.
aandrzej 0600018CUY2 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Issues while installing Feature Pack for OSGI AND JPA 2.02012-11-21T16:43:36Z in response to logzyyIt looks like there was no answer to the initial problem. I have similar problem and I will try asking for help here nevertheless.
1) Installed WAS ND 7 and updated it to WAS 188.8.131.52
2) Installed Portal 184.108.40.206
3) Installed IM 1.6
4) Imported WAS package to IM using was.7.0.import repository
5) Installed eXtreme Scale 220.127.116.11 client and augmented portal profile
Now I want to install JPA 2.0 feature pack. I did the following:
1) Imported and expanded ariesjpa.18.104.22.168.fp feature pack repository (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24030871)
2) Added repository to IM
After I select Install option in IM I do not have any feature packs listed. I tried with other feature packs - SCA, XML etc.
All of this on WIndows Server 2008 64bit. One other note: in Repositories IM screen the search service repositories checkbox is checked but is disabled. I am not sure if that matters.
I would appreciate help in solving that problem.
sutter 120000EB4G93 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Issues while installing Feature Pack for OSGI AND JPA 2.02012-11-26T14:21:43Z in response to aandrzejHi aandrzei,
Al Weiner's post attempted to explain the steps that worked for him. A few people have responded that those installation steps also worked for their scenarios. If you are still experiencing issues with populating and accessing an IM repository for the OSGi/JPA Feature Pack, then I would suggest opening a PMR and following up with proper support channels. Thank you.
Kevin Sutter, JPA Architect, IBM WebSphere