Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2011-10-02T18:28:06Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1493 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic how to drag from a palette and drop to a canvas?

‏2011-10-02T18:14:38Z |
I'm doing a palette-and-canvas application.

For my palette, I just threw some Images into a model + used this model as a Model Container within my main model. What's the right way?

What kind of builder should I use to create a canvas? Just for testing I tried a Dojo Border Container. What's the right way?

When I drag a dojo drag source, I see a red drag icon with a "1". Shouldn't this icon turn green when I'm over a drop target whose Drop Type agrees with that of the drag source? No matter where I drag the source, this icon stays red. What did I do wrong? In my main model, I used a Model Container for my palette, and a 2nd Model Container for my canvas. Could that be the problem?

Finally, what's the "1" in the drag icon, and how can I get rid of it?

Thanks,
Eli
Updated on 2011-10-02T18:28:06Z at 2011-10-02T18:28:06Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1493 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: how to drag from a palette and drop to a canvas?

‏2011-10-02T18:28:06Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I tried using a Text builder as a drop target. Sure enough, the drag icon turned green when I dragged over the text. Then when I dropped, my drop method executed. That's a start, but I want to drop several icons from my palette into my canvas, and then see them accumulate in my canvas. There must be a more suitable builder for a canvas than a Text builder. What is it?

And when I drop the drag source Image on the canvas, how do I add this Image into the canvas exactly where I dropped it?

Thanks,
    Eli