Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-09-30T19:49:53Z by Tim_L
Tim_L
Tim_L
12 Posts

Pinned topic Strange Error Message

‏2011-09-30T18:44:00Z |
When I try to run a model from an installation of WPF 6.1.2 I get the following error message. How can I change that setting?

com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.WebAppRuntimeException: You can not run a model from the Designer while the Factory is configured for deployment
Updated on 2011-09-30T19:49:53Z at 2011-09-30T19:49:53Z by Tim_L
  • mburati
    mburati
    427 Posts

Re: Strange Error Message

‏2011-09-30T18:59:03Z  
    I think you'll find that 6.1.2 is pretty old (old enough that many here, including myself have a hard time remembering some things that were different), so it would be a good idea to move to a more current release when you're able to.

I don't remember the exact differences between the deployment features back then vs the last couple years of releases, but I don't recall seeing that error message on any recent release/version so I'm guessing it's changed since then.

My guess would be something to do with the server configuration for that project. Try right clicking on the project in the explorer view on the left and looking for WPF Server Configuration properties for that project, to see if info is missing. There may have been server config properties off of the Eclipse WPF preferences menu somewhere too.

..mb1
  • Tim_L
    Tim_L
    12 Posts

Re: Strange Error Message

‏2011-09-30T19:49:53Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2011-09-30T18:59:03Z
    I think you'll find that 6.1.2 is pretty old (old enough that many here, including myself have a hard time remembering some things that were different), so it would be a good idea to move to a more current release when you're able to.

I don't remember the exact differences between the deployment features back then vs the last couple years of releases, but I don't recall seeing that error message on any recent release/version so I'm guessing it's changed since then.

My guess would be something to do with the server configuration for that project. Try right clicking on the project in the explorer view on the left and looking for WPF Server Configuration properties for that project, to see if info is missing. There may have been server config properties off of the Eclipse WPF preferences menu somewhere too.

..mb1
    Thanks for the quick reply. We are in the process of rolling out Portal 7.0 and WPF 7.0.1 but are coming across differences that we need to test in the old version of WPF. One of our last remaining installations of 6.1.2 is giving the error I pointed out in my original post. It's OK thought, we found a way around it.

One of the things that we found to be different is as follows:

On an Image Button Builder, we choose "Run a Script" in the Action Type and put in the following javascript function call:
    openwindowEngFiles('${Variables/baseReportUrl}','${Variables/RowLoopVar/Row/DRAWING_NBR}', '${Variables/RowLoopVar/Row/ECO_STATUS}', 'drawings', 'creo1');
    In Portal 7.0 it does not work. The variables are not passed to the function, however it did work fine in Portal 6.1.5. So we changed the function call to look like this:
    openwindowEngFiles("${Variables/baseReportUrl}","${Variables/RowLoopVar/Row/DRAWING_NBR}", "${Variables/RowLoopVar/Row/ECO_STATUS}", "drawings", "creo1");
    This works fine in Portal 7.0, but does not work in Portal 6.1.5 which is our production Portal environment. So my developer had to change it to the initial configuration (single quoted), and even though it didn't work on his local 7.0 portal, it does work when we deploy it to a Portal 6.1.5 installation.