4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-07T19:19:06Z by keith723
DrSteve
DrSteve
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic RDz - Host Connection Emulator - CTRL as ENTER keyboard mapping

‏2011-09-30T13:42:57Z |
Running RDz v8.01
Unable to map CTRL key by itself as default Enter key.
Binding only appears to allow Ctrl+

I did read it used to be mapped to both CTRL and the actual (return/enter key).
My version does not have this - does anyone how to change it?
Updated on 2013-01-07T19:19:06Z at 2013-01-07T19:19:06Z by keith723
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1086 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RDz - Host Connection Emulator - CTRL as ENTER keyboard mapping

‏2011-10-04T16:48:18Z  in response to DrSteve
    Hi,

I don't think it was ever mapped to both CTRL and ENTER keys because - unless I am mistaken or things got changed, there's a limitation on Eclipse that prevents HCE from doing that. See this thread for an older discussion on this:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14425599&#14425599

Steven
    • DrSteve
      DrSteve
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-05T13:03:54Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      StevenMa,

Re-reading my original post - I don't think I was clear.

What I want it to be able to do is map the right hand CTRL key (on its own) as the Mainframe emulator ENTER key.

This doesn't appear possible as when I try and map it "CTRL+" appears (ie it would allow CTRL and another key to be mapped to ENTER) - however I don't want this - I just want the right hand control key by itself to be mapped as enter.

The normal ENTER key was used on terminal consoles (before PC's as NEWLINE) and the ENTER key was in the position of the modern PC keyboard where the right hand CTRL is positioned (for those who find this keyboard mapping a bit nonsensical).

Steve.
      • keith723
        keith723
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-07T19:19:06Z  in response to DrSteve
        I was trying to figure out how to map enter to my right ctrl key and found that the option is available in version 8.5. If you go to Windows>Preferences>General> and expand keys. Click on "Host Connection Control Keys" and you can enable the option here.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1086 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-05T10:12:27Z  in response to DrSteve
    With V7.5 and V7.6 I was able to have the right Ctrl key behaving as the Intro Key.
    I've seen it in several customers in Spain, and what we did was no mapping for the Enter key. Customers wanted to have the same behaviour as with PCOMM.
    We only changed
    • the clear Command to bind it to Pause key
    • the newline command to bind it to Enter key

Then the Ctrl key behaved as the Enter key, though we had it blank for enter command.

But now, with RDz V8.0.1 I don't get the behaviour as before. I did the same changes, but Ctrl does not do
    anything.
    I had written the changes for the keys in my own document and shared it with RDz customers and it behave as I said (in older versions V7.1, V7.5, V7.6).