Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-19T16:58:16Z by Goodson3636
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
214 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Using NET_CONN to replace NET_CONNECT with CAM Security?

‏2011-09-30T00:21:44Z |
In order to use Advisor security must be set to IntegratedSecurityMode = 4 or 5

However this means users must logon to xcelerator via the server explorer.

We used to use ("n_connect", TM1Server, "namespace\user", Password) to avoid this for users but it is not supported as per this document http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cx/v9r5m0/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.cognos.tm1_ref.9.5.0.doc/tm1_ref_id10852NConnect.html#tm1_ref_NConnect

But is there a workaround to get users to logon without going into server explorer (front end)?

Our IBM partner suggested NET_CONN (http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=25492)
But this requires the user to navigate two logon screens.

I'm thinking this must be a pretty common issue?
Updated on 2012-03-14T03:33:49Z at 2012-03-14T03:33:49Z by SystemAdmin
  • RSharp
    RSharp
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Using NET_CONN to replace NET_CONNECT with CAM Security?

‏2012-02-18T21:43:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Why don't the users just click the connect button from Excel xcelerator add-in?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      214 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-14T03:33:49Z  in response to RSharp
      But they would still need to choose a server (cxmd) which my finance team doesn't like.
      They want simple logon
      • Goodson3636
        Goodson3636
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-19T16:58:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin

I have to open 200+ workbooks, one by one, and read data from a couple of TM1 cubes.  I have a VBA Loop routine that opens the first filename in the list, performs the DBRW's, then saves and closes the workbook.  The routine starts over and loops to the next workbook and carries out the steps again.  These workbooks are large (10MB each) and it takes a much longer time to open the workbook when connected to TM1.  Hence, I wanted to use N_DISCONNECT to log out of TM1 before I save the workbook.  Then AFTER the next workbook is opened through VBA, I want to login again.  N_CONNECT seemed the way to go, but our CAM security prevents that from happening.  So, in our case, it doesn't have anything to do with the number of users complaining about not having a seamless login.  I could use NET_CONN, but then I'd have to manually navigate 2 screens which defeats the purpose of automation.

So, have you been successful getting around this?

Thanks.   - Goodson3636