Topic
14 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-10-12T18:58:40Z by devil786
devil786
devil786
95 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Error While installing ITCAM for AD 7.1 DC for Weblogic 10.3.5

‏2011-09-29T04:57:28Z |
Hi, I am facing the attached error message while installing ITCAM for AD DC for Oracle Weblogic 10.3.5 on AIX 6.1 64 bit , If any body knows the solution please help.
Updated on 2011-10-12T18:58:40Z at 2011-10-12T18:58:40Z by devil786
  • LukeMcKenna
    LukeMcKenna
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error While installing ITCAM for AD 7.1 DC for Weblogic 10.3.5

‏2011-09-29T05:07:34Z  in response to devil786
    devil786,

If no-one else responds, I suggest you open a PMR and attach full logs and the details (including versions) of the OS and applications involved.

Regards
    Luke McKenna
    --
    Development Manager, ITCAM for Transactions
    Australia Development Lab
    • davidlskeen
      davidlskeen
      68 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-30T15:21:22Z  in response to LukeMcKenna
      Response from the ITCAM dev team: This error may occur
      • when you select another version of WebLogic vs what you connect to
      • ITCAM configurator can't connect to Administration Server: check administration server port/protocol, user name and password.

Verify that Administration Server is running, as well as the application servers you want to configure.
      --
      Dave Skeen
      • devil786
        devil786
        95 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-03T05:01:48Z  in response to davidlskeen
        Hi Dave,
        Thanks for the help, Can you explain it "when you select another version of WebLogic vs what you connect to" and also if possible please tell me the port no and protocol for administration Server, as i have checked and both administration and application servers are running.
        • davidlskeen
          davidlskeen
          68 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-03T15:19:56Z  in response to devil786
          From the dev team: In the DC configurator there is a ComboBox for selecting WebLogic version and a text box for entering path to installation directory. You connect to administration server port: the default is 7001. That same port is used to open the administration console.
          --
          Dave Skeen
          • devil786
            devil786
            95 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-04T05:05:54Z  in response to davidlskeen
            Hi Dave,
            I have checked and the administration page can be accessed using port 7001, also i have applied the FP5 on the DC but still the same problem during configuration, I have attached the snapshots please check if possible, also i have checked the ports from 7001-7010, but problem is same. FYI Admin Server and Managed servers are running on the same machine, i.e. on which i want to install J2EE DC.
            • davidlskeen
              davidlskeen
              68 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-04T12:32:13Z  in response to devil786
              Please open a PMR for this; you may have hit an ITCAM problem requiring a fix. Also, our prereqs indicate we've tested up to WebLogic 10.3.4, so there may be something in WebLogic 10.3.5 affecting DC configuration.
              --
              Dave Skeen
              • devil786
                devil786
                95 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-04T12:59:14Z  in response to davidlskeen
                Hi Dave, thanks for the information , I have requested a PMR for the said problem, lets hope for the best.
                with regards,
              • devil786
                devil786
                95 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-05T11:13:06Z  in response to davidlskeen
                Hi Dave can you please refer me any doc or link having the information about the versions of Oracle Weblogic Application Servers supported by ITCAM for J2EE data collector.
                • RJunkin
                  RJunkin
                  2 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-05T11:25:45Z  in response to devil786
                  I beleive that this is what you are looking for...

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v24r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.itcamfad.doc_7.1%2F7.1_preinstall_dcwin_j2ee_sw.htm
                  Rick
                  • devil786
                    devil786
                    95 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-05T12:53:21Z  in response to RJunkin
                    Ok Rick Thanks for the reply, the link that you send to me states that it supports Weblogic 10.x on microsoft windows platform but you will need a fixpacks, and this link http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v24r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.itcamfad.doc_7.1%2F7.1_preinstall_dcunix_j2ee_sw.htm
                    it mentioned only Weblogic 10 for AIX platform and also states that one will need Data Collector version 6.1.0.2 or higher and also in my case i have applied fixpack 5 (commulative fix) on data collector side but still unable to configure it.
                    • RJunkin
                      RJunkin
                      2 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-05T13:49:58Z  in response to devil786
                      Can you check to make sure you are using the correct Java version?

Rick
                      • devil786
                        devil786
                        95 Posts
                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-05T14:25:53Z  in response to RJunkin
                        on weblogic app server we are using IBM 64-bit SDK for AIX, Java Technology Edition, Version 6 (as mentioned under the readme file)
                  • davidlskeen
                    davidlskeen
                    68 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-05T14:20:18Z  in response to RJunkin
                    The ITCAM for AD prereq info is now maintained in developerWorks, which makes it easier for the dev and ID teams to keep it up to date. For the J2EE agent and DC, see https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli%20Composite%20Application%20Manager/page/Prerequisites%20for%20Component%20ITCAM%20Agent%20for%20J2EE?lang=en
                    --
                    Dave Skeen
                    • devil786
                      devil786
                      95 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-12T18:58:40Z  in response to davidlskeen
                      Hi Dave,
                      Today i was able to run the configuration wizard on Weblogic 10.3.5 on AIX 6.1 64 bit platform, in the attached snapshot i select all the 4 manage server except the admin server, and also unchecked all the checkboxes about the startup script , the wizard completed successfully, but when i try to restart the managed servers, all the four managed servers were unable to start, throwing the following error:
                      "
                      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.tivoli.itcam.wls.sdc.DCShutdown
                      at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)
                      at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:172)
                      at weblogic.management.deploy.classdeployment.ClassDeploymentManager.invokeClass(ClassDeploymentManager.java:262)
                      at weblogic.management.deploy.classdeployment.ClassDeploymentManager.access$000(ClassDeploymentManager.java:54)
                      at weblogic.management.deploy.classdeployment.ClassDeploymentManager$1.run(ClassDeploymentManager.java:214)
                      at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
                      at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
                      at weblogic.management.deploy.classdeployment.ClassDeploymentManager.invokeClassDeployment(ClassDeploymentManager.java:207)
                      at weblogic.management.deploy.classdeployment.ClassDeploymentManager.invokeClassDeployments(ClassDeploymentManager.java:186)
                      at weblogic.management.deploy.classdeployment.ClassDeploymentManager.runShutdownClasses(ClassDeploymentManager.java:172)
                      at weblogic.management.deploy.classdeployment.ShutdownClassDeploymentService.halt(ShutdownClassDeploymentService.java:24)
                      at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerServicesManager.haltInternal(ServerServicesManager.java:504)
                      at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerServicesManager.halt(ServerServicesManager.java:336)
                      at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.shutdown(T3Srvr.java:1120)
                      at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.forceShutdown(T3Srvr.java:1024)
                      at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerRuntime.forceShutdown(ServerRuntime.java:351)
                      at weblogic.server.RemoteLifeCycleOperationsImpl.forceShutdown(RemoteLifeCycleOperationsImpl.java:57)
                      at weblogic.server.RemoteLifeCycleOperationsImpl_WLSkel.invoke(Unknown Source)
                      at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicServerRef.java:667)
                      at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef$1.run(BasicServerRef.java:522)
                      at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:363)
                      at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:146)
                      at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest(BasicServerRef.java:518)
                      at weblogic.rmi.internal.wls.WLSExecuteRequest.run(WLSExecuteRequest.java:118)
                      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
                      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)
                      >

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: TimerManager is in STOPPED state.
                      java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: TimerManager is in STOPPED state
                      at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:67)
                      at weblogic.timers.internal.TimerManagerImpl.schedule(TimerManagerImpl.java:379)
                      at weblogic.cluster.leasing.databaseless.ServerFailureDetectorImpl.start(ServerFailureDetectorImpl.java:93)
                      at weblogic.cluster.leasing.databaseless.RMIBasedDisconnectMonitorImpl.createFailureDetector(RMIBasedDisconnectMonitorImpl.java:229)
                      at weblogic.cluster.leasing.databaseless.RMIBasedDisconnectMonitorImpl.start(RMIBasedDisconnectMonitorImpl.java:83)
                      at weblogic.cluster.leasing.databaseless.ClusterFormationServiceImpl.start(ClusterFormationServiceImpl.java:122)
                      at weblogic.cluster.leasing.databaseless.ClusterMember.OnBecomingSeniorMostMember(ClusterMember.java:352)
                      at weblogic.cluster.leasing.databaseless.RMIBasedDisconnectMonitorImpl.reachabilityCheckHelper(RMIBasedDisconnectMonitorImpl.java:214)
                      at weblogic.cluster.leasing.databaseless.RMIBasedDisconnectMonitorImpl.onServerFailure(RMIBasedDisconnectMonitorImpl.java:198)
                      at weblogic.cluster.leasing.databaseless.RMIBasedDisconnectMonitorImpl.onServerFailure(RMIBasedDisconnectMonitorImpl.java:148)
                      at weblogic.cluster.leasing.databaseless.ServerFailureDetectorImpl$ListenerRunnable.run(ServerFailureDetectorImpl.java:347)
                      at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:528)
                      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
                      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)

so in the last i restored the JVM arguments on all managed server to the previous state as before configuring the J2EE DC. If you have any info. please guide.