Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-10-05T20:23:44Z by PeterWeir
PeterWeir
PeterWeir
51 Posts

Pinned topic Importing data INTO Financier

‏2011-09-27T20:14:06Z |
Is it possible to pass data into Financier? We wish to be able to take information from different attributes and use these as the inputs for Financier, rather than having to re-enter the data.

For example if a project element has multiple asset elements linked to it we want to be able to take the total cost of the assets and feed this into Financier. Currently it is necessary to manually enter the total in Financier.

Thanks for any help

Peter
Updated on 2011-10-05T20:23:44Z at 2011-10-05T20:23:44Z by PeterWeir
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    269 Posts

Re: Importing data INTO Financier

‏2011-10-02T12:01:48Z  
    Hi Peter,
    If I understand your question correctly, then select the cell you’d like to edit in the Time Grid attribute and just use the standard syntax, i.e. ='attribute_Name'.
    Is that what you were looking for?

Raz
  • PeterWeir
    PeterWeir
    51 Posts

‏2011-10-02T22:01:34Z  
    Hi Peter,
    If I understand your question correctly, then select the cell you’d like to edit in the Time Grid attribute and just use the standard syntax, i.e. ='attribute_Name'.
    Is that what you were looking for?

Raz
    Hi Raz, obviously I had seriously missed something earlier.

I can see now how to set the default value for as row in the TimeGrid, although it appears you can only set one global default which will be applied to all time periods and also all ranges (low, likely, and high).

Is this correct? Or is it possible to be more precise?

Many thanks as always
    Peter
  • ostlund
    ostlund
    4 Posts

‏2011-10-03T08:24:22Z  
    • PeterWeir
    • ‏2011-10-02T22:01:34Z
    Hi Raz, obviously I had seriously missed something earlier.

I can see now how to set the default value for as row in the TimeGrid, although it appears you can only set one global default which will be applied to all time periods and also all ranges (low, likely, and high).

Is this correct? Or is it possible to be more precise?

Many thanks as always
    Peter
    PeterWeir:

You can add that expression, for example ='attribute name', as a value to specific cells while in the time grid editor.
    Just enter it as a cell value as you enter numeric cell values.
    Regards

Per
  • PeterWeir
    PeterWeir
    51 Posts

‏2011-10-03T20:37:56Z  
    • ostlund
    • ‏2011-10-03T08:24:22Z
    PeterWeir:

You can add that expression, for example ='attribute name', as a value to specific cells while in the time grid editor.
    Just enter it as a cell value as you enter numeric cell values.
    Regards

Per
    Hi Ostlund, thanks for the reply. I understand how that works now, although it sppears you can only do this after the element has been created (as far as I can see). This means that you can't set these more specific links/values as the defaults. In our case users are potentially importing a couple of hundred projects - it isn't feasible to go through each one and define the links.

Peter
  • ostlund
    ostlund
    4 Posts

‏2011-10-04T11:10:53Z  
    • PeterWeir
    • ‏2011-10-03T20:37:56Z
    Hi Ostlund, thanks for the reply. I understand how that works now, although it sppears you can only do this after the element has been created (as far as I can see). This means that you can't set these more specific links/values as the defaults. In our case users are potentially importing a couple of hundred projects - it isn't feasible to go through each one and define the links.

Peter
    PeterWeir:

Yes, default values are entered for each row not for each cell.

Regards
    Per Ostlund
  • PeterWeir
    PeterWeir
    51 Posts

‏2011-10-05T20:23:44Z  
    Thanks everyone for the assists. So you can import from spreadsheet and can link at a high level.