Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-03-24T19:55:52Z by Bruce_at_Graymont
TobyFritz
TobyFritz
21 Posts

Pinned topic Conditional Chart Palette: Legend Issue

‏2011-09-23T20:18:13Z |
When I define a Conditional Palette in C10, I see the Series Values with two sets of colors; the default palette and the conditional palette. How do I hide the default palette colors and only show the conditional palette colors and labels, which I defined, in the legend?
Updated on 2013-02-09T13:46:20Z at 2013-02-09T13:46:20Z by DanielWagemann
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

Re: Conditional Chart Palette: Legend Issue

‏2011-09-23T22:33:04Z  
    Unfortunately, that option wasn't provided when the new legend feature was added to the charts. There is an open enhancement request for this capability. I would check with IBM support to see if the feature has been added to the recent Cognos 10 RP1 release.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

‏2013-02-09T09:10:59Z  
    Unfortunately, that option wasn't provided when the new legend feature was added to the charts. There is an open enhancement request for this capability. I would check with IBM support to see if the feature has been added to the recent Cognos 10 RP1 release.
    Did anybody this issue even in 10.2?
  • DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

‏2013-02-09T13:46:20Z  
    Did anybody this issue even in 10.2?
    Have a look at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/cognos/infrastructure/cognos_specific/page571.html

If you can place an image of a rocket ship into the legend I am sure you can switch it to an image of a colored block that matches your chart.
  • MuhammadEissa
    MuhammadEissa
    1 Post

‏2014-01-20T09:48:42Z  

The Issue still exists in 10.2.1

Any updates about to hide the default legend?

• UchihaItachi
    UchihaItachi
    2 Posts

‏2014-04-28T02:43:20Z  

I have to say I am deeply attracted by this topic. Since I am quite new to this chart, the chart palette customization and chart control legend questions throw great interests on me. The suggestion offered here also give me great insights. Feel so fortunate to read this thread.

• Lincoln80
    Lincoln80
    1 Post

‏2015-09-04T14:45:44Z  

I have to say I am deeply attracted by this topic. Since I am quite new to this chart, the chart palette customization and chart control legend questions throw great interests on me. The suggestion offered here also give me great insights. Feel so fortunate to read this thread.

Do you have any suggestion?

• Bruce_at_Graymont
    Bruce_at_Graymont
    1 Post

Re: Conditional Chart Palette: Legend Issue *Potential Solution

‏2016-03-24T19:55:52Z  

Not sure if this will help, but it worked in my situation where I had a bar chart with a single Default measure (y-axis) and single data item for the Series (primary axis). I created a conditional palette to assign colours to string data values, Matches NORMAL then Palette Entry = Green, Matches URGENT then Palette Entry = Yellow, etc.. I also assigned a 'Specified text' value for each of the conditional colours, NORMAL/Green then Label... > 'Specified text' = NORMAL, URGENT/Yellow then Label... > 'Specified text' = URGENT, etc.. The new conditional palette legend covered all data values so I did not want the default legend to show up at all, since it was basically a duplicate with a static set of colours that were not associated with the data. To remove the default legend took two steps. In the default palette I deleted all the colours except the last one (which could not be deleted). I assigned the last default colour to be white to match the chart background colour. For the second step, the default chart legend was picking up the 'Text Source' property of the 'Series' which was the 'Member Caption' for my series data item. I changed this property to display a 'Text' value, and set the text value to be a space. With the single default colour set to white, and the default text values set to be a space, the original default legend did not display anything at all. I ended up with the desired result of a legend for only my new conditional palette colours and labels. Not only was the default legend removed from view but the space that it took up was limited to a single legend item so I was still able to display my new legend where I wanted it, middle right. The default legend did not push the conditional palette legend down like it did when the default legend was showing. I hope this is helpful.