2 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-10-31T16:05:35Z by SystemAdmin
Sunchaser
Sunchaser
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Deleted users in Cognos and Cognos repository

‏2011-09-21T10:49:03Z |
Dear all,

I have seen that some informations concerning users, groups,roles, etc... are stored in Cognos in the tables:
.CMOBJPROPS1
.CMOBJPROPS33

But when a user is deleted (directly from the active directory), or deleted from a group in Cognos, the entry is still in the table <CMOBJPROPS33>.

How can I know - while looking in the CMOBJPROPS..X.. tables - that the user has been deleted ?
I have also set up the log service in a schema of my DB, but it seems that I can't find some informations of this kind in the existing tables.

Even with a SDK thing, it should be pointing to somewhere to get the informations, isn't it ?

Thanks,
Regards,
Vinc.
Updated on 2011-10-31T16:05:35Z at 2011-10-31T16:05:35Z by SystemAdmin
  • Sunchaser
    Sunchaser
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Deleted users in Cognos and Cognos repository

‏2011-10-14T17:44:47Z  in response to Sunchaser
    Hi all,

I found previously the "Content Store Maintenance " task, with find & fix option, possible to use and schedule.
    I thought it was ok, as some of my last problems were solved.
    But now I have again the following point:
    . one user "delete" from Cognos (not member of any group or role), with an LDAP account, is still in the table CMOBJPROPS33, even after I ran the "Content Store Maintenance" task.

Can somebody tell me why this user is still in this table ?

Thanks,
    Regards
    Vinc.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      217 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Deleted users in Cognos and Cognos repository

‏2011-10-31T16:05:35Z  in response to Sunchaser
      It is not recommended to delete or even think about looking at the physical tables in the content store. If Cognos orphans artifacts, so be it. There may be a plan for such things somewhere. As a rule, the content store itself and how it works is undocumented intentionally.